It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: To be fair at that price the difference for pricing would not be that bad. I would possibly buy it if I would like the game and if I could afford it but still I would not feel good by buying it. It just does not feel right. Nothing personal against you or your game. These kind of pricing schemes just make schisms between people and are still antithema to what gog was before.

Also it would really interest me in which pocket you would put my country.
Personally for me, it feels right because even if I've always been below the poverty line, I feel lucky being born in Belgium because even if we're poor we have access to a lot of things and as much as food and shelter is the priority (I've lived a short time in the streets so I know how it feels like), entertainment is also a basic need of human beings (otherwise, we wouldn't have invented music and paintings) and to go back to our subject, it bothers me that people can't have financial access to what we take for granted. Giving things for free wouldn't be good as an independant worker has to eat (and pay his monthly 250€ taxes) but in the long run, I think lowering prices for poorer countries is fairer to them while not putting the independant's sustainability in jeopardy.

That reminds me of this photo-article of children playing videogames in Bangladesh:
http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/11/24/7258031/dhaka-bangladesh-video-games
Even if 3$ is too high for them, at least the Bengali middle-class could afford it.
BTW, it would be interesting if Nerdook could write about this subject (as he lives in Malaysia)

And before I forget: I consider Slovenia as a part of the Balkans so it would be in the 3$ range ;)
catpower1980: Personally for me, it feels right because even if I've always been below the poverty line, I feel lucky being born in Belgium because even if we're poor we have access to a lot of things and as much as food and shelter is the priority (I've lived a short time in the streets so I know how it feels like), entertainment is also a basic need of human beings (otherwise, we wouldn't have invented music and paintings) and to go back to our subject, it bothers me that people can't have financial access to what we take for granted. Giving things for free wouldn't be good as an independant worker has to eat (and pay his monthly 250€ taxes) but in the long run, I think lowering prices for poorer countries is fairer to them while not putting the independant's sustainability in jeopardy.

That reminds me of this photo-article of children playing videogames in Bangladesh:
http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/11/24/7258031/dhaka-bangladesh-video-games
Even if 3$ is too high for them, at least the Bengali middle-class could afford it.
BTW, it would be interesting if Nerdook could write about this subject (as he lives in Malaysia)

And before I forget: I consider Slovenia as a part of the Balkans so it would be in the 3$ range ;)
Thanks for your extensive reply and I do agree with you. I know how it is for a one person company since one of my friends has that kind of company for years now and has to pay between 200-250€ a month in taxes if he earns something or nothing its just the cost of the social system we live in. Basically where I live we loose a big amount of the monthly salary (about 1/3 of the salary or more) to taxes depending on income not counting the yearly income tax into that. For most of my life I have and still live around or under the existential minimum (depending on my employment status) which has been now deemed to be above the value of the minimal salary in my country so personally every price change affects me. At least one thing that I learned is always to plan your spending and keep track off it of which most off people I know have no idea how to do.

The other thing - can you tell us something about your game? You made me a bit curious.
Post edited December 05, 2014 by Matruchus
IAmSinistar: If we had flat pricing, where a pair of Chinese jeans were require to cost roughly the same as a pair of American jeans, we wouldn't have lost so much of our manufacturing base.
Sure cheaper labor is a factor (and here I thought USA stood for "no slavary", yet we out source our jobs to near-slave like countries) but taxes are just as guilty of forcing companys out of usa.

I'm tired of hearing stories of contaminated goods out of china, most sad of all baby formula and pet food!
Btw, if you guys drink Juice Boxes here in usa, be warned, 90% of them come from china supplied apple juice.
(aka, company either packages the juice boxes in china, or ships huge tankers of apple juice to usa for packaging)
Not to mention the toxic paint and plastics they use in lots of products, againt I have to mention kids toys, boo to china.
FYI, I have added two tables related to regional pricing (tables VI and VII) to the MaGog metrics page. Like all tables, these too will auto-update.
mrkgnao: FYI, I have added two tables related to regional pricing (tables VI and VII) to the MaGog metrics page. Like all tables, these too will auto-update.
Nice work!
Klumpen0815: Trying to regulate video game prices based on wild guesses will only result in further discrimination and isn't the way to change the world for sure.
What about everything else in the world? Should only video games be harmonized?
Sorry for this but I need to rant a bit.
Why the heck does Daedalic release their games with regional pricing and stil not offer the German language pack for some of them... screw you Daedalic -.-
moonshineshadow: Sorry for this but I need to rant a bit.
Why the heck does Daedalic release their games with regional pricing and stil not offer the German language pack for some of them... screw you Daedalic -.-
I ranted about this too at some point but by now I just stopped buying games from them, because they're assholes.
Post edited December 08, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: I ranted about this too at some point but by now I just stopped buying games from them, because they're assholes.
They must be German.
Klumpen0815: I ranted about this too at some point but by now I just stopped buying games from them, because they're assholes.
realkman666: They must be German.
:D
Ya in hindsight I very much regret buying the DSA games from Daedalic including Blackguards.
The games are good but the company I dunno, and having to get the version I want to play from the high seas kinda defeats the point of buying :P
Post edited December 08, 2014 by Reaper9988
Reaper9988: Ya in hindsight I very much regret buying the DSA games from Daedalic including Blackguards.
The games are good but the company I dunno, and having to get the version I want to play from the high seas kinda defeats the point of buying :P
What's up with German people wanting everything in German? >_> They don't even make subs for my language, we need community mods for that, and we aren't complaining. (=_=*)

I'll just leave it here, in spite of maybe not understanding the greater picture: Buy the games because they're fun, not because they have an X feature otherwise you may not even notice.
HijacK: What's up with German people wanting everything in German? >_> They don't even make subs for my language, we need community mods for that, and we aren't complaining. (=_=*)

I'll just leave it here, in spite of maybe not understanding the greater picture: Buy the games because they're fun, not because they have an X feature otherwise you may not even notice.
Daedalic is a german company which makes all of its games in german and has them translated in english and as such its very strange that they don't deliver german language for german games - just as explanation.
HijacK: What's up with German people wanting everything in German? >_> They don't even make subs for my language, we need community mods for that, and we aren't complaining. (=_=*)

Matruchus: Daedalic is a german company which makes all of its games in german and has them translated in english and as such its very strange that they don't deliver german language for german games - just as explanation.
This..
I tend to play everything in english I really don't want my games in german, except for the ones being made by a german company in german :P
Also DSA/TDE is even more special as I have been playing the P&P Version for a long time when I was younger and still read the books, I just cringe seeing/hearing the names in english.

And what Irks people is that from what I recall the none regional pricing of gog was stated as one of the reasons why
Daedalic didn't offer german for some games here(I could be wrong on this part though).
Now the games are regionally priced and still no german.
Post edited December 08, 2014 by Reaper9988

Matruchus: Daedalic is a german company which makes all of its games in german and has them translated in english and as such its very strange that they don't deliver german language for german games - just as explanation.
Oh, I see. So it's more of an "alienation" type of issue. Well, if it helps ease the pain of some, Ubisoft has one of it's biggest studios in Bucharest and the bastards still can't even give us Romanian subbed games. :P
Reaper9988: This..
I tend to play everything in english I really don't want my games in german, except for the ones being made by a german company in german :P
Also DSA/TDE is even more special as I have been playing the P&P Version for a long time when I was younger and still read the books, I just cringe seeing/hearing the names in english.
What's DSA/TDE? :o
Post edited December 08, 2014 by HijacK