It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Urnoev: Right... I wouldn't bet on it :D.
Right at the moment I wouldn't bet any money on it, too. I just wondered, because GOG doesn't allow regional pricing for "old" games. So after what period of time does a "new" game turn into an "old" one?

But I guess we don't have to think about an answer, because it's more likely that they will allow regional pricing for the whole catalogue sometime in the (near) future.
Post edited November 21, 2014 by PaterAlf
high rated
stg83: That is what I imagined GOG to have enforced in their negotiations with publishers if they were really serious about doing their best to strive for flat pricing. But the sad trend of regionally priced games developed and published by fellow Polish developers suggests otherwise. The way things appear now I am not even sure if The Witcher 3 will ever become flat priced eventually like how it happened with The Witcher 2.
You put it in the right context - imagined. And you were not alone.
stg83: That is what I imagined GOG to have enforced in their negotiations with publishers if they were really serious about doing their best to strive for flat pricing. But the sad trend of regionally priced games developed and published by fellow Polish developers suggests otherwise. The way things appear now I am not even sure if The Witcher 3 will ever become flat priced eventually like how it happened with The Witcher 2.
HypersomniacLive: You put it in the right context - imagined. And you were not alone.
I'm still thinking of the few pages of text I threw forward after the "good news" moment, where I was suggesting a separate site, possibly just turning CDP's shop international, for newer titles that require regional pricing, keeping GOG at 2-3 older flat-priced titles a week, but with a clear deal with the publishers signing up for the other shop to move their games to GOG on GOG's (old) terms after a certain amount of time (was suggesting at most 3 years after initial game release or 2 after entering the other shop's catalog, whichever comes first... could be persuaded to remove this 2nd condition to prevent publishers from waiting a year before signing to meet them both at once, but the 3 years since release is definitely the maximum), and keep them here on those terms, and with price matching the standard (usually US) price, so not hiked up to highest as *those two* are or failing to apply price cuts that normally come around with age, after that.
But instead we just have someone high up, don't know if at the very top of GOG or at CDP or even at CDP's parent company, with $$ in their eyes like those cartoons and screw the rest, just throw them a bone now and then to keep the worst mess at bay a little more till the new crowd we'll draw in by playing this tug of war with the other distributors for an ever more fickle audience will drown out all our core crowd that got us in a position for this to even be an option, we don't need them anymore.
Warning humor (with some truth thrown in) below:

IMO Here's the back-story on the regional pricing:
(I can see placing a order for a couple of these being a reason regional pricing is here to stay.- especially the white one in the background)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vodcars/sets/72157604220441240/

Alleged Spy photo of GOG/CDP parking lot taken by a time traveler 3yrs from now.
Time traveler said he visited area 5yrs later and building was deserted and building was boarded up.

Attachments:
Cavalary: snip
I wonder if there is one big boss dictating all the new bullshit now that everybody hates or if the whole team is supporting those new policies.
Since some member of GoG seem to have been replaced from what I've heard, it's probably a team with more people that haven't got the old ideals now.

I support the idea of an old GoG with clear principles where you know what you get and a separate new GoG which I can simply avoid, maybe there would even be some tax advantages with this, who knows?
But since CDPR is becoming more like every other big video game company for a while (regionally priced digital only Witcher Adventure Game without even a boxed copy as an excuse...), I don't see much of the old GoG happening anymore in the future and hope for a new shop with the old core principles somewhere.
Klumpen0815: [...] hope for a new shop with the old core principles somewhere.
Hear hear. If anybody knows of one, do let me know.
MaGog just reported to me that none of the games on GOG are regionally priced.
I assume this is because GOG no longer allows one to check foreign prices by changing one's gog_lc cookie.
Can someone outside the US confirm that games (e.g. Age of Wonders 3) are still regionally priced?
Does anyone know of some other method?

@IAmSinistar, does your script still work?
Post edited November 25, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: MaGog just reported to me that none of the games on GOG are regionally priced.
I assume this is because GOG no longer allows one to check foreign prices by changing one's gog_lc cookie.
Can someone outside the US confirm that games (e.g. Age of Wonders 3) are still regionally priced?

I just checked Age of Wonders (both editions, $44.99 & $39.99), D:OS ($39.99), 1954 Alcatraz ($19.99, nominal price) and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs ($19.99, nominal price). None of them displays the FPP on their respective page.

EDIT: Same goes for Deponia 3 ($19.99, nominal price).
Post edited November 25, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
mrkgnao: MaGog just reported to me that none of the games on GOG are regionally priced.

HypersomniacLive: I just checked Age of Wonders (both editions, $44.99 & $39.99), D:OS ($39.99), 1954 Alcatraz ($19.99, nominal price) and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs ($19.99, nominal price). None of them displays the FPP on their respective page.
OK. Thanks.
So either GOG abolished regional pricing (sure...) or they have a bug (impossible...).
Post edited November 25, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: OK. Thanks.
So either GOG abolished regional pricing (sure...) or they have a bug (impossible...).
The question is how will purchases made while the bug's in effect be handled afterwards. Perhaps I should pre-order TW3 while it lasts.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
mrkgnao: OK. Thanks.
HypersomniacLive: The question is how will purchases made while the bug's in effect be handled afterwards.Perhaps I should pre-order TW3 while it lasts.
History tells (last insomnia sale, round #2) that when prices are wrong and you take advantage of it, GOG does not charge you the difference later. But who knows?
high rated
Since I joked about TW3, here's the picture. If I open its game page, it's listed in EUR with no option to change the currency, and tells me that I'm entitled to a certain amount of store credit due to it being more expensive in my region, i.e. it's regionally priced (59.99€ nominal price). When I click on the pre-order button, the checkout page displays in USD, no mention of FPP, and asks for $55.19 (8% discount); it completely disregards the fact that I own TW1 and TW2, and gives only part of the pre-order discount.

GOG site is seriously messed up at the moment, me thinks.
I can confirm that right at the moment not a single game in the catalogue is regionally priced for me.
You are right, the regional prices are gone. I have checked with D:OS, Age of Wonders 3 and A Machine for Pigs.
No regional prices for me, too. I suspect a bug.