It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: That was some of the justification stated by GOG, yes. But we've seen a number of indies and self-published titles jump on the chance to arrive here with regional pricing, so that ship has sailed.
MaGo72: That is why I am wondering that nearly every "new" release may it be big, indie or self published is regionally priced. The ship has sailed, aye, I guess so.
I don't even see any big releases, only indies and the old Lucas Arts games.

I didn't expect something like Skyrim, Mafia II, Bioshock, Blur, Injustice: God's Among Us etc... here anyway.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Klumpen0815
MaGo72: Wasn't the announcement back then, that regional pricing will be mainly directed to big AAA releases or to get the bigger titles to GOG? Or did I read that wrong?
That was my understanding as well but the only things that come up new now are indie and self published titles (which to be honest were coming before as well). It makes you wonder if they didn't do regional pricing (and kept with flat pricing) would any newer titles show up anymore? Would it just be older titles?
synfresh: That was my understanding as well but the only things that come up new now are indie and self published titles (which to be honest were coming before as well). It makes you wonder if they didn't do regional pricing (and kept with flat pricing) would any newer titles show up anymore? Would it just be older titles?
Wouldn't bother me in the least. GOG's still be GOG then.
What I'm more saddened over is the sales chart (not necessarily now since the sale skews it, in general), with the whole top full of these regionally priced titles. Blah.

Like I kept saying, GOG got me off the high seas, now I have a few years' worth of legally purchased games to stick to, but eventually if things won't go back to what they were, or if I'll really want something before then, I'll go right back, thanks. These aren't policies worth supporting anymore.
high rated
I step out for a few hours and what do I return to? Sneaky acts by GOG. Great.

*sigh*

IAmSinistar: That was some of the justification stated by GOG, yes. But we've seen a number of indies and self-published titles jump on the chance to arrive here with regional pricing, so that ship has sailed.
You forgot to mention that at the same time, not a single highly sought-after AAA title ever arrived here.
HypersomniacLive: You forgot to mention that at the same time, not a single highly sought-after AAA title ever arrived here.
Not to mention other, highly-sought smaller titles (Bastion, Majesty) or continuation of titles here (Overlord 2) or older Paradox games and so on... Recently, it seems to me that the only new arrivers (besides the Lucasarts deal) are either indie games or Kickstarter-backed ones.
Give it some more time till complainers in new release threads drown out the few that still vocally show their opposition to regional pricing and another step to normalization will have been fullfilled. It's all about gradually letting people get used to it.

Next up, hooking people on the use of a client.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Pheace
HypersomniacLive: You forgot to mention that at the same time, not a single highly sought-after AAA title ever arrived here.
Except The Witcher 3. -_-

Where the hell is BioShock? It's already been sold DRM-free once.
IAmSinistar: Except The Witcher 3. -_-

To be fair, it's still not sold DRM-Free on stores. You could say that the bundle was a time-limited DRM-Free release. Same case with YS Origin.
high rated

So. all this was to have TW3 here, eh? The constant flood of regionally priced indie titles is a mighty high price I'd say.
ne_zavarj: Hungary : $15.09 / $18.79 ( normal price )
mrkgnao: I believe Hungary is always the same as Poland (PL), price-wise.
Well good to know Hungary has more buying power than the US!
Must be the EU charts that are wrong! Damn deceivers!

Sarcasm is free today:P
I just hope they won't ditch their "Fair Price Package" soon...
I would have to look for another distributor then. It is on the edge already.

Pah, following ideals only brings problems.
high rated
Pheace: Give it some more time till complainers in new release threads drown out the few that still vocally show their opposition to regional pricing and another step to normalization will have been fullfilled. It's all about gradually letting people get used to it.

Next up, hooking people on the use of a client.
With respect, since you don't appear to care one way or the other for neither, I honestly have to ask - is there a purpose to your comments? I mean other than just expressing what a kick you're getting out of rubbing the situation into the faces of those affected or carrying.

Grargar: To be fair, it's still not sold DRM-Free on stores. You could say that the bundle was a time-limited DRM-Free release. Same case with YS Origin.
But it was DRM-free once, which means all the filthy pirate leechers have it now. Because DRM-free is the only way games get shared illegally. Might as well surrender fully now and sell it that way.
HypersomniacLive: With respect, since you don't appear to care one way or the other for neither, I honestly have to ask - is there a purpose to your comments? I mean other than just expressing what a kick you're getting out of rubbing the situation into the faces of those affected or carrying.
Please ignored paid shills for competing gaming services. Or fanboys deluded enough to wish they were.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: But it was DRM-free once, which means all the filthy pirate leechers have it now. Because DRM-free is the only way games get shared illegally. Might as well surrender fully now and sell it that way.
Well, they sure seem to be taking their time with it.
high rated
IAmSinistar: [...]

Please ignored paid shills for competing gaming services. Or fanboys deluded enough to wish they were.
You are right of course, don't know what clouded my better judgement.