It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time flies.

<span class="bold">Toren</span>, an experimental puzzle-adventure, is available to pre-order for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

A child was born, Moonlight, destined to unlock the mysteries of a tower known as <span class="bold">Toren</span>. She sets off on a dark-fantasy adventure that focuses on growth, self-discovery, and overcoming unthinkable adversity: "If your life and all its phases lasted only one day, what would you do with it?" Toren is an experimental adventure that mixes dream-like, orange-tinted scapes with everchanging, puzzle-based gameplay to become an interactive poem: story-driven, smart and beautiful. As you ascend the tower of Toren the world will change, and you will grow with it. If you're a connoisseur of the sounds as much as the sights, <span class="bold">Toren: Deluxe Edition</span> which includes the original soundtrack, may just be the version for you.

Pre-order <span class="bold">Toren</span> now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The 10% pre-order discount will last until May 12th, when the game is expected to launch.
First post!

This looks pretty but I'm not sure about third person fantasy semi-adventure games - does it feel too open ended?

Price is right.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by undeadcow
Looks good and the price is certainly reasonable. Interested to see where they go with it.
For some reason the art style reminds me of a brighter Shadow of the Colossus.
Looks and sounds gorgeous!

Are there any other good games made in Brazil?
EDIT: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Brazil]Googled it myself.[/url]
Post edited April 29, 2015 by Pardinuz
Looks nice, the art style certainly gives off that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus vibe. Always cool to see games from other countries which in this case is Brazil.
I just realized this game exists. I don't know if I should do the guinea pig or wait for more gameplay footage and impressions. I like the genre and the price is tempting.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by Kaien.853
low rated
Oh look, a preorderable, deluxed-edition, regionally-priced puzzle-game...

Gog is definitely going with all the same crass things as Steam... good for them I guess.

Gotta admit this one takes the cake though.

And there's not even a date on this...
Post edited April 29, 2015 by Zoidberg
According to a comment on http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/toren 'if you buy this game you'll support pseudo-communism, widespread corruption, Brazil's most corrupt government ever. It's like buying a game about democracy made by Hugo Chavez.'

Morbid curiosity level: rising...
I took a risk and I preorded,but art wise it looks beautiful but only time will tell.
VanishedOne: According to a comment on http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/toren 'if you buy this game you'll support pseudo-communism, widespread corruption, Brazil's most corrupt government ever. It's like buying a game about democracy made by Hugo Chavez.'

Wow, I am more interested in the story behind Toren then the game itself now. It seems like some people have really strong feelings regarding this, have to wait and see if vicklemos posts something in this thread as well.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by stg83
VanishedOne: Morbid curiosity level: rising...
After investigating just a few moments into the matter, I can say with some certainty that this comment is, at the very least, strangely misleading and utterly conflating issues.

The Rouanet Law, which has been there since 1991 and indeed way before what that guy calls "Brazil's most corrupt government ever", is nothing but a bit of a tax cut for cultural projects - which covers video games in Brazil only since 2011. You have the very same way of encouraging art forms in basically every halfway civilized country of the world. Buying the game doesn't make you "support" any kind of political system, be it corrupt or not.

The politics this vicklemos guy sees in Toren – I have no idea where all this comes from. What a strange variant of FUD. These days, the universal battle cry "beware, politics in games!" is already bullshit 99.9% of the time.

It is bullshit here as well.

Toren looks interesting, I might give it a try. ;)
Post edited April 29, 2015 by Vainamoinen
I don't think I've heard of this game before. it looks interesting. And I like that cover art, gonna have to dig up a nice full version if it's not gonna be included in the extras.
A lot of countries give tax breaks to artistic endeavours.

This game looks pretty cool, really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
VanishedOne: According to a comment on http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/toren 'if you buy this game you'll support pseudo-communism, widespread corruption, Brazil's most corrupt government ever. It's like buying a game about democracy made by Hugo Chavez.'

Chavez should release a survival game on Steam Early Access.