It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the vast Chornobyl Exclusion Zone full of dangerous enemies and unveil your own epic story.
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG
Discount: All pre-orders receive Extended Campfire Content as well as Early Bird skins.
Planned release date: December 2023
Sachys: But I'd bet the English dub is all american. Thats my issue.
P-E-S: Sounds like the most trivial reason for one to skip a game that will very likely provide original audio as well, but suit yourself.
This is painful to admit, but... I do this as well. Even if it is trivial, and even if they aren't actually speaking the dialect native to the setting, but are instead speaking English with the accent of that dialect (which sounds like a silly thing to not purchase a game over), it does make a big difference to me regarding the immersion. The smooth Russian narrator in Black Book or the voice lines in Stronghold (one) gave them a lot of charm, and its one of the reasons why I was anticipating the release of the Australian Broken Roads. When a lot of media translated into English becomes a homogenised with a standard language, which is a reasonable decision to make as it allows as mant people as possible to comprehend your product, it can become tired rather quickly. That specificity in the creation process gets a bonus from me.

In order of preference, I would prefer the native tongue with subtitles, then the accent of the depicted people speaking in English, and last a translation and voiceover in the accent of the expected consumer (American English normally.)

But here's the kicker. Would I be more lenient regarding this criticism if the standard language of choice was my own personal accent, British English? ...Almost certainly yes. The incongruence would be less overt if this were the case. I can admit the slight hypocrisy in my stance. But in knowing my bias, I can consciously try to be more true to the principle.
SultanOfSuave: But here's the kicker. Would I be more lenient regarding this criticism if the standard language of choice was my own personal accent, British English? ...Almost certainly yes. The incongruence would be less overt if this were the case. I can admit the slight hypocrisy in my stance. But in knowing my bias, I can consciously try to be more true to the principle.
I wouldnt. English is a language of accents, so without at least (some) localised regional accuracy (hell, in this case I'd take "eastern european" over "north american" - fugg! - I'd take a south american accent over it!) immersion is totally lost.

But as a further point, if they are watering down the games setting / immersion like that, I dread to think what else has happened in development to get sales. :/
Scar Trailer

"A man who once survived the Emissions, turned the tides of the faction wars, and witnessed the rise of Clear Sky! Now, he stands nearly alone against the oppression of free Stalkers. Could there ever be a better guide to the Shining Side of the Zone, where eternal spring and a new home await us?
The chance to ignite the Spark is near."