It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare to set off on a journey through the wildlands of Russia in a new stand-alone expansion to the cult FPS series.
Genre: Action and adventure
Discount: 10% off until the game's premiere on 25th January 2022
Where are the older titles from the series? Part 2? Part 3? HD Remasters from Parts 1?

No buy, before those are released here CroTeam. Just as with Part 4 before. Sorry.
Would be nice to see Croteam release the earlier Serious Sam games here for completeness sake.
GOG.com: Prepare to set off on a journey through the wildlands of Russia in a new stand-alone expansion to the cult FPS series.
Genre: Action and adventure
Discount: 10% off until the game's premiere on 25th January 2022
I'd like to be able to purchase Serious Sam 2 and 3 here. (granted I'd only get them on sale)
Well THIS was an unexpected but very pleasant surprise!

Technical issues aside, SS4 had the best weapon and enemy balance of the series. Total CPU hog, though.

Hopefully this version will be a little more stable. Maybe a patch for the base game too?
A stand-alone expansion? Very nice.
The part in Russia indeed felt very short. Hopefully, this will be as good as Jewel of the Nile was for Serious Sam 3 (which I still hope eventually shows up here).

Wasn't expecting 5 levels, which is a very nice surprise.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by idbeholdME
low rated
MischiefMaker: Well THIS was an unexpected but very pleasant surprise!
why? since ss4 was on gog at release, and you know that, the real surprise would be if now this ep would not be released here too. (your comment would make more actual sense if ss4 did not release on gog)

same as, i assume, as another "same" example, the new squarepants bob will be releases here too. if it doesn't release on gog, then, to me, that will be the "unpleasant" surprise. i assume based because thq seems good about gog releases (bless them, for now?) the new one will be here day one or pre order even.

store .steampowered .com/app/1282150/SpongeBob_SquarePants_The_Cosmic_Shake/

as for 10% off, that's fine, however steam also has a pack bundle discount bringing the game to $15 (instead of $18) if you also have serious sam 4. so a little peeved the same doesn't also apply here on gog, for i have ss4 (deluxe to boot).

store .steampowered .com/bundle/24406/Serious_Savings/

whilst that extra $3 means squat to me, i will (for now) not grab this pack, out of anger. the steam pack discount doesn't also require any of the other games that are not here on gog, so gog (croteam!!!) could/should also have the same pack discount too. you know, loyalty discount. business is business.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by GOGer
A pleasant surprise because I didn't know an expansion was coming out.

I thought SS4 was abandoned in favor of Talos 2.

edit: but yes, a discount for ss4 owners on GOG would be nice, yes.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by MischiefMaker
I didn´t know that this expansion existed. Insta-wishlisted!
Was an instant purchase here. Perfect timing on my end! :D
This looks great! Can we get Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 3 too? Please? Pretty pretty please?
InSaintMonoxide: This looks great! Can we get Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 3 too? Please? Pretty pretty please?
Isnt Serious sam 2 already here?
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
https://www.gog.com/game/serious_sam_the_second_encounter

Or perhaps im getting confused by names of the titles?
InSaintMonoxide: This looks great! Can we get Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 3 too? Please? Pretty pretty please?
Lodium: Isnt Serious sam 2 already here?
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
https://www.gog.com/game/serious_sam_the_second_encounter

Or perhaps im getting confused by names of the titles?
Haha, that's a very common misconception. Serious Sam 2 is a different game from 2005. :)

Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter together are Serious Sam 1.
A prime example of what would have been an immediate buy for me. Unfortunately years on, not even so much as acknowledgement of any issues has forced me to not buy. SS$ was one example where offline installers do not have all the patches, and the compressed archive is huge and unoptimsed:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/provide_a_full_and_complete_changelogged_download_system

Unfortunately the only "progress" on the site now seems to remove things, support, product descriptions at launch etc.
Also, gonna make use of this thread to remind Croteam, the GOG version of SS4 still does not allow playing with mods (missing the unrestricted.exe) and seasonal events. At least allowing mods would be nice. The game allows the use of mods just by dropping the files in the appropriate place in the install folder. The mod files could then just be shared on any open mod website (like modDB or Nexus) and used without problems in the GOG version too. No need to brick mod support behind Steam only.

Can we please get it added? Details in this thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/257420/discussions/0/3165442751833267189/