It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Abe's Oddysee reconstructed.

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span>, a critically acclaimed restoration of Abe's Oddysee, is available for pre-order now on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, with a 10% pre-order discount!

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> earns the right to call itself a true remake. It's so much more than just a graphical upgrade, it's a modern retelling of the unforgettable experience that Abe's Oddysee was all these years ago. The unsettlingly beautiful visuals, the disturbingly odd universe, and the unforgivingly difficult gameplay were enough to leave a lasting impression on anyone who encountered Abe's Oddysee. Seventeen years later, <span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> retains the setting, the sounds, and the flavor; all brought up to modern platforming par, and beyond, with updated controls, refined mechanics and a reconstructed experience.

If you pre-order, you'll also receive two pieces of New 'n' Tasty DLC for free:
-Bonus level: Alf's Escape
-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> makes a tremendous impression, rose-tinted glasses not required. You can pre-order it now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Nice, but:
- thank God that the original was already here and that I bought it.
- DLCs... I miss finished games with few big expansions.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by phaolo
phaolo: Nice, but:
- thank God that the original was already here and that I bought it.
- sorry, I despise DLCs. I miss finished games with few big expansions : \
Did you read post about the DLC? :)

I personally don't mind DLC that much. It depends actually. If I buy a 60 euro game I want a finished game. No season passes or whatever. But in this case the DLC which was released later of course is already included.
If you're still on the fence if you should get this or not, here's a review from a series fan.
Experiment513: Did you read post about the DLC? :)
I personally don't mind DLC that much. It depends actually. If I buy a 60 euro game I want a finished game. No season passes or whatever. But in this case the DLC which was released later of course is already included.
Uh.. you ninja'd my edit.
Anyway no, I didn't see the post (where is it?).
If it's true.. fine lol :P

I agree that big expensive AAA games should really include all content.
DLCs should exist only for few declared lower versions at release and preferably for cosmetic\optional things.
No s**ty surprises!
Also.. in-game purchases come straight out the filthy mobile hell >:(
HypersomniacLive: Regionally priced and pre-order exclusive in-game content? Can't get much worse than this...
JudasIscariot: It's not pre-order exclusive, just free with the pre-order :)
Which... doesn't quite make it better in my eyes... :P
PaterAlf: Sorry, as long as it's regionally priced I'll rather replay the original game.
realkman666: Poor baby.
JudasIscariot: The extra level will be available for sale later :)
realkman666: Why is it not included in the game?
Preorder baiting.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Zoidberg
Once again GOG totally screws up how to present acceptable pre-order terms - lets break it down shall we:

GOG Offer

10% discount - pre order - new game only

>>>What it SHOULD have been<<< Offer

10% discount - pre order - new game only
20% - if you already own ONE of the existing Oddworld games on GOG
30% - if you already own BOTH of the existing Oddworld games on GOG

Alternative offer to the above

15% discount PLUS giving you 1, the other, or both of the oddworld games to keep for yourself or gift to a friend

Now I'm sorry, but not doing it properly just means it sits on my wishlist for a really long time (as they all do) and gathers dust until you quit overcharing and use the 50/66/75 rules of statement

Missed opportunity GOG...missed opportunity, thats all I'm saying
realkman666: Regional pricing is perfectly fair and honest,
*GIGA FACEPALM*
realkman666: Regional pricing is perfectly fair and honest,
Zoidberg: *GIGA FACEPALM*
I meant the idea, not the actual implementation, mister bisque.
opticq: I'm seeing a lot of misinformation here.

1. This is not Day 1 DLC, this DLC was made after the game was released for PS4 and is now coming to Steam and GOG because the game itself was not available for PC before
2. These DLCs are not exclusive to the pre-order period. You CAN buy them after the pre-order period

Please do some research before jumping to conclusions.
The fact the game was already available on ps4 for months doesn't get put into the equation: I do not friggin care about ps4.

What this does put into the light is that while they totally got their money worth for the ps4 version and its dlc, they still put the DLC as day 1 content for the PC version 6 months after.

WHile I applaude OddworldAdmin for being so transparent as to communicate here, I still cannot get behind such... "business practices" (however tonned down it is compared to other publishers). DLC management and regional pricing I do not consider fair in any way.

Thus I will totally pass this game up. Too bad the original I got in that bundle is totally unplayable for whatever reason. It'd been more preferable to make that one playable at first, OR only make the remake available. It totally discredit the IP in my humble opinion.
Zoidberg: *GIGA FACEPALM*
realkman666: I meant the idea, not the actual implementation, mister bisque.
I still don't agree. Well I agree on the shitty implementation part, but not on the idea either.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Zoidberg
realkman666: I meant the idea, not the actual implementation, mister bisque.
Zoidberg: I still don't agree. Well I agree on the shitty implementation part, but not on the idea either.
They either sell the game an amount people can afford or charge a week's salary and just hope people don't download it for free instead.
BreOl72: (snip)

See - no problem!
+1 for rationality.
I really want to try this out but the original will always have a special place in my heart.
I LOVE the original Oddworld PS1 games. Even gotten the art/concept books for them. Really hoped for a HD remake but we got a FULL remake instead. I hope that this game is successful but I really wish it compared well.

Just found a video that captures some of my feelings on this remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhDrngAQZ0

Edit: I don't mean to say this isn't a good game. It is was a blast to play it on PS4! But I routinely revisit the originals every year, so I guess my expectations are heavily skewed. I'm definitely going to buy this though. I suppose nothing is perfect.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Valoric
darthspudius: I gave it up for Abe's Exodus. Now THAT is how it should of been done! haha. I'd happily give up my woman if it didn't control right, bugger that!
I'm really curious about this because I don't remember Exoddus (you missed the pun in the original title!) having controls any different from Oddysee. The quicksave did make a big difference but I didn't notice anything about the controls when I replayed the two of them back to back a couple of years ago.
darthspudius: I gave it up for Abe's Exodus. Now THAT is how it should of been done! haha. I'd happily give up my woman if it didn't control right, bugger that!
SirPrimalform: I'm really curious about this because I don't remember Exoddus (you missed the pun in the original title!) having controls any different from Oddysee. The quicksave did make a big difference but I didn't notice anything about the controls when I replayed the two of them back to back a couple of years ago.
I feel Exodus plays a lot smoother. The extra voice options help a great deal. It just doesn't feel as clunky as the original game.