It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Abe's Oddysee reconstructed.

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span>, a critically acclaimed restoration of Abe's Oddysee, is available for pre-order now on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, with a 10% pre-order discount!

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> earns the right to call itself a true remake. It's so much more than just a graphical upgrade, it's a modern retelling of the unforgettable experience that Abe's Oddysee was all these years ago. The unsettlingly beautiful visuals, the disturbingly odd universe, and the unforgivingly difficult gameplay were enough to leave a lasting impression on anyone who encountered Abe's Oddysee. Seventeen years later, <span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> retains the setting, the sounds, and the flavor; all brought up to modern platforming par, and beyond, with updated controls, refined mechanics and a reconstructed experience.

If you pre-order, you'll also receive two pieces of New 'n' Tasty DLC for free:
-Bonus level: Alf's Escape
-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> makes a tremendous impression, rose-tinted glasses not required. You can pre-order it now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
yyahoo: "-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe"

Scrub Abe?

Personally, I'll wait till they're done with whatever DLC they've got planned and buy a "gold" edition.
There is no more DLC planned.
yyahoo: "-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe"

Scrub Abe?

Personally, I'll wait till they're done with whatever DLC they've got planned and buy a "gold" edition.
OddworldAdmin: There is no more DLC planned.
Then what's the point of Day 1 DLC?

Good Lord I *hate* DLC... SMH
low rated
yyahoo: Then what's the point of Day 1 DLC?

and I'm sure it hates you...

Then don't buy it! :) We're offering it free pre-launch but as we've said - it's entirely optional.

That's why we made it optional, and made sure that those that didn't want to buy it didn't miss any of the core game.

It's going to be there post-launch for a small fee if you change your mind.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by OddworldAdmin

darthspudius: and I'm sure it hates you...
Why are you being such a jerk in this thread? Are you that big of an Abe fan?

OddworldAdmin: Then don't buy it! :) We're offering it free pre-launch but as we've said - it's entirely optional.

That's why we made it optional, and made sure that those that didn't want to buy it didn't miss any of the core game.

It's going to be there post-launch for a small fee if you change your mind.
It's the principle. I'll wait...

But thank you for coming onto the GOG boards to discuss the game.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by yyahoo
low rated
darthspudius: and I'm sure it hates you...
yyahoo: Why are you being such a jerk in this thread? Are you that big of an Abe fan?
I'm not a jerk, I am a massive dick head. No, I think the attitude some of you people are coming out is pathetic and incredibly uncalled for.
high rated
yyahoo: It's the principle. I'll wait...

But thank you for coming onto the GOG boards to discuss the game.
No worries, thanks for asking the questions! :)
exclusive preorder dlc again?
yyahoo: Why are you being such a jerk in this thread? Are you that big of an Abe fan?
darthspudius: I'm not a jerk, I am a massive dick head. No, I think the attitude some of you people are coming out is pathetic and incredibly uncalled for.
I'm not sure what kind of attitude you think I have. I do not like DLC, particularly Day 1 DLC. I expressed my opinion. I didn't call anyone names.

If I don't immediately buy a game, don't you think the devs would like to know why? If I were I dev, I sure would...
high rated
apehater: exclusive preorder dlc again?
Nope. The DLC will be available for all post-launch.

yyahoo: I'm not sure what kind of attitude you think I have. I do not like DLC, particularly Day 1 DLC. I expressed my opinion. I didn't call anyone names.

If I don't immediately buy a game, don't you think the devs would like to know why? If I were I dev, I sure would...
For what it's worth, it's only "day 1" because it's the same DLC that hit the PS4 last August. Rather than have it a month after launch like we did on PS4 (as it was still being developed) we're releasing it at launch.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by OddworldAdmin
darthspudius: I'm not a jerk, I am a massive dick head. No, I think the attitude some of you people are coming out is pathetic and incredibly uncalled for.
yyahoo: I'm not sure what kind of attitude you think I have. I do not like DLC, particularly Day 1 DLC. I expressed my opinion. I didn't call anyone names.

Far as I remember on console Alf's escape came out a good while after the game was released.
Do you want them to take months porting the dlc when it was already made?
OddworldAdmin: For what it's worth, it's only "day 1" because it's the same DLC that hit the PS4 last August. Rather than have it a month after launch like we did on PS4 (as it was still being developed) we're releasing it at launch.
I am curious. Why did you decide to do it as DLC and not just make it into the game from the beginning? Because of a higher base price then? Or because it was not finished when you released the game and could not push release to a later date?
Post edited February 18, 2015 by moonshineshadow
high rated
OddworldAdmin: For what it's worth, it's only "day 1" because it's the same DLC that hit the PS4 last August. Rather than have it a month after launch like we did on PS4 (as it was still being developed) we're releasing it at launch.
moonshineshadow: I am curious. Why did you decide to do it as DLC and not just make it into the game from the beginning? Because of a higher base price then? Or because it was not finished when you released the game and could not push release to a later date?
It literally wasn't finished when the game launched on PS4. And the PS4 date was locked solid.

That said, it was always our intention to release Alf's Escape separately. It really is a completely distinct chapter (that wasn't part of Abe's Oddysee either) that features entirely new gameplay puzzles and mechanics.

It's also super, super hard, and therefore absolutely not for everyone...

Really, we just wanted to try out some completely brand new Oddworld content (it's technically the first brand new level design - as Alf features all new levels) since Stranger's Wrath in 2005!
moonshineshadow: I am curious. Why did you decide to do it as DLC and not just make it into the game from the beginning? Because of a higher base price then? Or because it was not finished when you released the game and could not push release to a later date?
OddworldAdmin: It literally wasn't finished when the game launched on PS4. And the PS4 date was locked solid.

That said, it was always our intention to release Alf's Escape separately. It really is a completely distinct chapter (that wasn't part of Abe's Oddysee either) that features entirely new gameplay puzzles and mechanics.

It's also super, super hard, and therefore absolutely not for everyone...

Really, we just wanted to try out some completely brand new Oddworld content (it's technically the first brand new level design - as Alf features all new levels) since Stranger's Wrath in 2005!
Ah ok I can understand your views and reasons even if I still prefer games where everything is included in general. But what you are saying makes sense. Thanks for explaining your reasons :-)
The thing is that preorder discount and extra contents, while maybe available later, push the customers to buy without being properly informed hoping in a better deal. There's no way to buy informed and with a good deal because being informed take time and require the game to be available and reviewed.
In this case this is aggravated by the dishonest practice of regional pricing, so the customers that has to pay the unrequired additional fee because live in a different country may choose to give it in to the preorder to compensate for the damage he receive by the discriminatory service he is offered. It's a way to push an unliked decision to lessen another one.
While perfectly legal, that describe the provider of the service or the maker of the product as someone you should not fully trust.

That's why some people are concerned, an rightly so.