It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: ELEX II
Genre: Open-world action RPG
Planned release date: 1st March 2022
Discount: 10 % off until 1st March 1 2022, 6 PM UTC.
low rated
ThomNG: we are trying our best - especially on new products - to be and stay up to date. GOG also sometimes is asking for missing patches/updates which we then try to include (or in case it was ie a Steam only update for some Steam related stuff, we will let them know etc.).
How come you never do anything to add missing Achievements to your many games on GOG which have Achievements on Steam, but not on GOG? And that includes Elex 1.

THQ Nordic giving GOG feature parity for all their games sold on GOG is at least equally as important as update parity and DLC parity.

But yet, your company is falling way short of actually giving your GOG customers feature parity on all of your games.

Please fix that problem, by commissioning some devs to add Achievements to all of your older games which have them on Steam but not on GOG.
Post edited January 11, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
DD & Ji Ji: Off topic : Are all THQ Nordic games have the latest updates , patches , DLCs on Gog ?
ThomNG: If I could guess, I would say No. That is very unlikely as it has been a long history with the huge amount of products, we appreciate to have live here on GOG. Some titles were taken over from other publishers, some versions or languages were not available back in the days as DRM free versions or for legal reasons etc but we decided to bring at least one version live etc. or it was simply how versions were created back in the days and any tech reasons or GOG limitations we had years ago etc. However we are trying our best - especially on new products - to be and stay up to date. GOG also sometimes is asking for missing patches/updates which we then try to include (or in case it was ie a Steam only update for some Steam related stuff, we will let them know etc.). It is definitely a living process however we cannot guarantee that ie there is always Steam parity on all of our games due to the reasons mentioned above. On the other hand, we also have titles live here on GOG which you cannot find anywhere else (just thinking about The Nations and Alien Nations or Pax Imperia) which simply shows how genious the GOG tech team was back in the days to create versions which are working for GOG releases while it was not possible to integrate them into Steamworks etc. :D
Hi Thom,

Could you please look into the Mac/Linux versions of Desperados 3? The last update on Steam was back in December 2020, a full year has passed since then and there doesn't seem to be anymore updates coming out. I think releasing these versions in a now-complete state wouldn't be that much of a hassle.

Thanks

Apologies for going a bit off-topic (I can't send you private messages about this stuff).
Post edited January 11, 2022 by Ganni1987
I loved Elex. I don't care who knows! Looking forward to Elex2.

If I had one recommendation - Try and keep GOG as up to date on patches as possible. If not possible then at least communicate it. Radio silence from developers on some platforms leave a bad taste.
GOG.com: T̶i̶t̶l̶e̶:̶ ELEX II
G̶e̶n̶r̶e̶:̶ Open-world action RPG
Planned release ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶: 1s̶t̶ Marc̶h̶ 2̶0̶22
D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶:̶ 10 % off until 1s̶t̶ Marc̶h̶ 1̶ ̶2̶0̶22, 6 PM UTC
Too long. Please see above how to shorten. Bonus points for removing the newsletter nag.
Post edited January 12, 2022 by mrkgnao
I'm excited for ELEX II. I haven't completed the first one yet but i'm blown away by all of the things you can do in game. I hope this gets even better in the sequel. I wish though they would show us more gameplay of ELEX II before release.
low rated
GOG.com: T̶i̶t̶l̶e̶:̶ ELEX II
G̶e̶n̶r̶e̶:̶ Open-world action RPG
Planned release ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶: 1s̶t̶ Marc̶h̶ 2̶0̶22
D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶:̶ 10 % off until 1s̶t̶ Marc̶h̶ 1̶ ̶2̶0̶22, 6 PM UTC
mrkgnao: Too long. Please see above how to shorten. Bonus points for removing the newsletter nag.
That is exactly the twitter version :P

The Marketing/PR wizards have been long debating further innovative ideas, like:
-Moving the whole site from Color to B&W
-Replace Pictures & Videos with something totally new called ASCII Art
-Use only 1 text font

Something entirely new that nobody has seen before in the whole Computing age history...

Oh, and the Purple Dot(TM), signature of the house, remains. Of course!
DD & Ji Ji: Off topic : Are all THQ Nordic games have the latest updates , patches , DLCs on Gog ?
ThomNG: If I could guess, I would say No. That is very unlikely as it has been a long history with the huge amount of products, we appreciate to have live here on GOG. Some titles were taken over from other publishers, some versions or languages were not available back in the days as DRM free versions or for legal reasons etc but we decided to bring at least one version live etc. or it was simply how versions were created back in the days and any tech reasons or GOG limitations we had years ago etc. However we are trying our best - especially on new products - to be and stay up to date. GOG also sometimes is asking for missing patches/updates which we then try to include (or in case it was ie a Steam only update for some Steam related stuff, we will let them know etc.). It is definitely a living process however we cannot guarantee that ie there is always Steam parity on all of our games due to the reasons mentioned above. On the other hand, we also have titles live here on GOG which you cannot find anywhere else (just thinking about The Nations and Alien Nations or Pax Imperia) which simply shows how genious the GOG tech team was back in the days to create versions which are working for GOG releases while it was not possible to integrate them into Steamworks etc. :D
Thanks for finally commenting on this, I appreciate it.
I hope at least some of those patches/missing languages for older titles would make its way here.
Orkhepaj: i have to play the first first :P
It's worth checking out - I really enjoyed it.

It's like bringing Gothic 2 into the "modern" gaming era, but keeping what made Gothic interesting intact and wrapping it in a neat Sci-Fi setting. In a world that almost feels like it was designed by Obsidian (little more open, but with nearly the same amount of character).

If you do jump into it (and I would if you like this style of game!) - remember this - you SUCK at first and combat is to be AVOIDED! You'll notice right off that bat that you get a ton of EXP for quests, hardly anything for kills - learn from this!

You're not going to level through the early game in combat! You do it solving quests!

Anyway - thanks for another one Thom! Looking forward to it (damn can you free fly with the jetpack this go around???).

PS - I LOVED the hugely meaningful and difficult gear upgrades in the first game - hope this continues to be the case!
Forum renamed Elex series I guess, because link to forum on first game isn't working.
low rated
:"Has to" find his own son, Dex?

I know it is a roleplaying game but I don't like having to play as a parent character. Is there at least an option to go a different route, like ignore the main quest?
Bit concerned about the price tbh. Its on higher end for a AAA game over here....in fact might be more than Witcher 3 at launch?
Appreciate the response. Still, some of these issues (valid at that point, 2 months ago) don't seem to fall under what you're saying, those missing patches aren't from way back. And it'd seem... counterintuitive (not impossible, and there are cases, but there it's a matter of different publisher) for Linux versions to be unavailable because of the DRM-free aspect.

And using this "template" even for a pretty major release announcement is... poor form to say the least (not that it doesn't reflect badly on all). Didn't GOG use to present one of its advantages to publishers and developers as offering each game its moment to shine upon release, with tailored announcements? Or I guess this is another dropped value/promise, this time at the expense of business partners more than that of users? Next step after moving news at the bottom and having them scroll off within days, or even one day in case of a large number of releases, and maybe before eliminating individual announcements altogether and just letting people see what's new by sorting the catalog by date added?
rjbuffchix: I know it is a roleplaying game but I don't like having to play as a parent character.
Yeah, that'd be a major issue for me too. That part of the first Witcher was infuriating enough. Or for example chose to do without the bonuses available just to not have kids in King's Bounty: The Legend, even if they'd basically just be... enhancement gems for the "item" that's your wife in that game.
Ah well...
Post edited January 12, 2022 by Cavalary
so just to be clear, this new game will not run under Windows 11 or you made a mistake in the printed requirments?

as this is Gog [phone it in effort] I assume the 2nd one is true
Niggles: Bit concerned about the price tbh. Its on higher end for a AAA game over here....in fact might be more than Witcher 3 at launch?
Only a bit concerned? That is some markup....

Exchange rates:
US$1 = A$1.39 - Reserve Bank of Australia
US$1 = A$1.43 - GOG exchange (est. from Local Price Update thread)
US$1 = A$1.99 - for this game

I enjoyed the first but a 30% discount means I'll be paying the equivalent of full US price - not sure I enjoyed it that much.
Niggles: Bit concerned about the price tbh. Its on higher end for a AAA game over here....in fact might be more than Witcher 3 at launch?
SilentWorker: Only a bit concerned? That is some markup....

Exchange rates:
US$1 = A$1.39 - Reserve Bank of Australia
US$1 = A$1.43 - GOG exchange (est. from Local Price Update thread)
US$1 = A$1.99 - for this game

I enjoyed the first but a 30% discount means I'll be paying the equivalent of full US price - not sure I enjoyed it that much.
Video game publishers seem to think everyone in Australia has a yacht and lives in a 10 bedroom mansion or something