It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Konrad
I decided to start downloading the game now, and it is painfully.......s...................l..........................o......................................w. 24 hours later, or whenever it finishes downloading, I should have most of the game. Then on the 19th, I will have to download.....? Will the specific file be listed in the library? Will it have a specific line so I know just to download that one? And does anyone know how large the file will be?
GOG.com: Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
OMG! Release this Kraken already!!!
I bought this a day or so ago and pre-downloaded it like greased lightning at my maximum Internet speed through Galaxy, thanks GOG!
So, please tell me: why the hell are console gamers able to play the game now while the others have to waite till tuesday?
Ninjin: So, please tell me: why the hell are console gamers able to play the game now while the others have to waite till tuesday?
I haven't seen any news articles indicating that CDPR released the game for consoles on an earlier date than PC, perhaps I missed a news story or something. Got a URL?
MIK0: You may be right. What mislead me was the fact that the expansion has never ceased to show the fair price package because apparently is proportionally more expensive in europe that the game.
Grargar: No, both are priced the same. That is, Witcher 3 costs €60 (instead of $60), while the expansion pass costs €25 (instead of $25). What happened, you might ask, and Witcher 3 lost its FPP, but the expansion pass didn't? That's simple. For reasons I'm not sure why, Europeans who are paying the €60 price are getting a higher discount than others. While the base preorder discount for everyone else is 10% (+10% loyalty discount), the Europeans are instead getting a 17% base discount (+10% loyalty discount). Thus, the European price fell below the American price and as a result, the FPP was removed. Now that the € has gotten stronger, though, the FPP is back.
Thank you for the explanation, that make sense. So european discount is the reason why expansion gets an higher FPP even now regardless the original price. That's another reason to be against regional pricing, it become really hard to be sure how much you are paying and know when something is wrong.
---delete/ignore this entry---
Post edited May 17, 2015 by Undead2211
Ninjin: So, please tell me: why the hell are console gamers able to play the game now while the others have to waite till tuesday?
Oh shush, keep it down now voices carry.

I downloaded all the game files, but when you try and play the game, it tells you that you have to wait for launch. That's fine by me, they want everyone to get it on the release date.

According to an answer I got in the forums, PC users who "pre-downloaded" all the files will need one more download on the day of release to unlock the game. I'm OK with that. I don't want to have to wait another 8 hours to download all the content, when console game players will have it all on one DVD.

I've attached the screen PC gamer's get to see. :)
Attachments:
skeletonbow: I haven't seen any news articles indicating that CDPR released the game for consoles on an earlier date than PC, perhaps I missed a news story or something. Got a URL?
It's because some retailers for the console versions didn't bother with keeping their stock locked up, until the official release day.

If you want to complain - complain to those retailers.

If those would've kept their agreements with CDPR / Namco Bandai / Warner Bros., no one would play the game earlier.

Edit: Here's a link http://gamerant.com/witcher-3-twitch-block/
Post edited May 17, 2015 by BreOl72
JDelekto: Oh shush, keep it down now voices carry.

I downloaded all the game files, but when you try and play the game, it tells you that you have to wait for launch. That's fine by me, they want everyone to get it on the release date.

According to an answer I got in the forums, PC users who "pre-downloaded" all the files will need one more download on the day of release to unlock the game. I'm OK with that. I don't want to have to wait another 8 hours to download all the content, when console game players will have it all on one DVD.

I've attached the screen PC gamer's get to see. :)
Yep, the game's .exe file is not present intentionally because it isn't released yet of course. ;oP It's replaced temporarily with that stub you mention. We wont know until release day what other files besides the main executable will be provided but there could be additional files also. There are also multi-gigabyte language packs available to non-English folks if they need them IIRC, and I think the big mega map too and the 200 page artwork book.

Console gamers might get it all on one Bluray perhaps, but well... it's just the console version nothing special... unless one wants to play the game in 30FPS at what 640x480 with a draw distance of 10 feet in front of your face or whatever consoles are up to nowadays. :)

Your file attachment is not showing for some reason.
skeletonbow: I haven't seen any news articles indicating that CDPR released the game for consoles on an earlier date than PC, perhaps I missed a news story or something. Got a URL?
BreOl72: It's because some retailers for the console versions didn't bother with keeping their stock locked up, until the official release day.

If you want to complain - complain to those retailers.

If those would've kept their agreements with CDPR / Namco Bandai / Warner Bros., no one would play the game earlier.

Edit: Here's a link http://gamerant.com/witcher-3-twitch-block/
Ah, doesn't surprise me. Someone is always trying to jump the gun on things. I wouldn't really say that it is giving console gamers any real particular advantage though. I mean, I'm actually happy to hear that because I feel sad for them being limited to the inferior console version in low resolution and low framerate which they can never upgrade their hardware to something better for or modify the graphics settings to tweak performance. CDPR should have actively released the game a week earlier to console gamers to make them feel special so they can have something to be happy about and counteract some of their envy over us PC Master Race Gamers. ;)
Post edited May 17, 2015 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: Ah, doesn't surprise me. Someone is always trying to jump the gun on things. I wouldn't really say that it is giving console gamers any real particular advantage though. I mean, I'm actually happy to hear that because I feel sad for them being limited to the inferior console version in low resolution and low framerate which they can never upgrade their hardware to something better for or modify the graphics settings to tweak performance. CDPR should have actively released the game a week earlier to console gamers to make them feel special so they can have something to be happy about and counteract some of their envy over us PC Master Race Gamers. ;)
You're right, the PC version is going to be so much better than any 'console' version (at least from my observation of purchasing both PC and console games). If you have a good gaming 'rig', then you probably play games. :)

Oh, and the attachment that was missing, wow, that's weird. I can't get to it either. It was basically a screenshot of what a PC user sees when they install and try to launch The Witcher 3.

I like how CDPR is keeping a level playing field. They have my respect for that.
JDelekto: You're right, the PC version is going to be so much better than any 'console' version (at least from my observation of purchasing both PC and console games). If you have a good gaming 'rig', then you probably play games. :)

Oh, and the attachment that was missing, wow, that's weird. I can't get to it either. It was basically a screenshot of what a PC user sees when they install and try to launch The Witcher 3.

I like how CDPR is keeping a level playing field. They have my respect for that.
My PC rocks for the most part, exact recommended specs for TW3 *except* for my GPU which is slightly under the minimum specs. :) So I'll be hurting a bit, but if I lower the resolution down and all the graphics settings as need be it'll probably still look 10 times better than a console. :) Also I'd rather roll dog poop around on the floor with my nose as a controller than use a gamepad to play a game like this. Mouse and keyboard or bust. :)
JDelekto: You're right, the PC version is going to be so much better than any 'console' version (at least from my observation of purchasing both PC and console games). If you have a good gaming 'rig', then you probably play games. :)

skeletonbow: My PC rocks for the most part, exact recommended specs for TW3 *except* for my GPU which is slightly under the minimum specs. :) So I'll be hurting a bit, but if I lower the resolution down and all the graphics settings as need be it'll probably still look 10 times better than a console. :) Also I'd rather roll dog poop around on the floor with my nose as a controller than use a gamepad to play a game like this. Mouse and keyboard or bust. :)
I think my GPU is a bit under spec, so I'll have to be buying a new video card soon and I'm really keen on nVidia.

LMAO on the dog poop thing, no self-respecting gamer would ever use anything other than a keyboard. and mouse (well, I use a trackball, but same difference) ;)
It's so funny how they fucked up and people can already play the console version.

Well, not so funny for the PC gamers. I just hope the game is good enough, so people can forget some of the debacles (this and the "downgrade").
JDelekto: no self-respecting gamer would ever use anything other than a keyboard. and mouse (well, I use a trackball, but same difference) ;)
I don't think you know what a gamer is then, I used a gamepad to play The Witcher 2. It's much better on gamepad.
Also what's your excuse for emulated games? Or fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Stop being elitist.