It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Konrad
Nephilim88: I know this is most certainly a stupid and useless question, buuuut... I was just thinking: will we get the famous 16 DLCs with this digital pre-order?
RudyLis: CDPR promised we all get them, at regular intervals after game's release.
Cool... thanks :) I don't quite like the "regular intervals" thing (I want everything nooooooooooow!!! XD) but I can wait :)
However, is it true that pre-loading via Galaxy gets more bonus material? I read so somewhere on the GOG website, but I may have been dreaming...
Nephilim88: Cool... thanks :) I don't quite like the "regular intervals" thing (I want everything nooooooooooow!!! XD) but I can wait :)
However, is it true that pre-loading via Galaxy gets more bonus material? I read so somewhere on the GOG website, but I may have been dreaming...
To be honest, I don't remember exactly, either two DLCs per week, or one DLC per two weeks. All for free for owners. Those two big ones (i.e. not horse armour), only for money.
As for pre-loading, I don't really a see a difference. But I don't have Galaxy at hand, though.
Has there been any replies from the devs regarding all the downgrade talk that's been going around? Wouldn't mind preordering but the last few years have made me very untrusting.
ashaira: Has there been any replies from the devs regarding all the downgrade talk that's been going around? Wouldn't mind preordering but the last few years have made me very untrusting.
There were many fake/real devs' answers.
To sum up, most of them say it's basically console port and that consoles were much weaker than devs expected so that's why it was downgraded from 2013 to 2015 version. (Basically it was easier for them to write code for consoles then port it to PC than to write new code for PC)
If that to be true, then they have chosen console players (for whom CD projekt mean nothing) over their real fans and followers (PC crowd).
Post edited May 15, 2015 by IDeivis
Just some random thoughts, not in response to anyone or anything here in the thread specifically but rather to a general theme I've seen here and there online over the last week concerning the game...

When I look at the games out there currently I have a baseline of what "current" is. Let's call that "10000". When I look at The Witcher 3 videos and images made over the last few years I think "holy fuck" whether it is a video/image from 2 years ago or 10 minutes ago. In my mind I see "20000". People are posting comparisons and complaining about changes in the game that might effectively turn the "20000" into say... "19500" or maybe "19000". Everything else out there at best is "12000" to "15000". Yes, I am absolutely totally pulling numbers out of my ass essentially for arbitrary comparative purposes. :) It just makes little sense to me to be in a world of 10000-15000's and anticipating 20000 but end up with 19500 and be angry to the point of wanting to stab someone in the neck with the eraser end of a pencil with the eraser removed like some people seem to be getting all raged up about.

Maybe I'm completely blind and totally missing what other people are seeing as a big problem, but this game looks absolutely mind boggling even if they took the current gold master and removed all kinds of stuff from it and dumbed it down a tonne. I read some rumours of actual content changes to the game that were allegedly coming from one of the developers (yet unsubstantiated officially) and while a few of the things sounded like cool eye candy they were extremely minor on the grand scheme of this mind bogglingly beautiful game to my mind and eyes.

So some people can choose to rage-boycott CDPR and their game if they wish to do so as it's a free world and there's no one right viewpoint I suppose, but I just finished joy-buying-the-fuck out of the game early this morning with a huge shit eating grin on my face and I have a massive woody even though my GPU will melt likely to even slideshow this puppy. Zero disappointment here. ;oP
Post edited May 15, 2015 by skeletonbow
It seems the game is regional priced once again. Is it planned to keep changing?
MIK0: It seems the game is regional priced once again. Is it planned to keep changing?
I apologize for writing the following in italian, but it's coming right out of my heart. I bought it 3-4 days ago and I didn't get any store credit :/

Ma andate a cagare, che cazzo... -_-
MIK0: It seems the game is regional priced once again. Is it planned to keep changing?
Nephilim88: I apologize for writing the following in italian, but it's coming right out of my heart. I bought it 3-4 days ago and I didn't get any store credit :/

Ma andate a cagare, che cazzo... -_-
It's true, but actually the price is a little higher now so it is better you bought it days ago.

Non ci hai perso, ma è comunque un bel fidarsi con tutti questi cambiamenti.
Hi again guys. So I need help with installing now. So I downloaded the game for gog website cuz galaxy dont work so now I need to install it. But it says I dont have all necessarily parts. Well I have downloaded everything and I try to install. Then I need to found install page 1 for it. I choose it and it says " Installation cannot be proceed without the required fie
Do you want to cancel ?" So what I need to do
The game was also regionally-priced before and the € price remained the same; €43.79 if you have the loyalty discount. The existence of FPP is only for regionally-priced games that are more expensive than the US price. Since the equivalent price for Witcher 3 was $46.39 before (less than the equivalent $48 American price), you din't get store credit back. Now that the currency has updated and the equivalent American price is $48.69, you do get back $0.7 in store credit. In conclusion, the price will remain the same (€43.79, at least until release), but what will keep changing thanks to the fluctuating currency exchange rate, is the amount of store credit you'll be getting back.
Ehi guys, i've downloaded the game and, during installation, an error message appears... (hope you can see it, i attached the screen image)

Apparently it's caused by some sort of "error" in the third part, but i downloaded it two times already, and nothing changes....
Attachments:
cattura.png (258 Kb)
arnansilaf: Ehi guys, i've downloaded the game and, during installation, an error message appears... (hope you can see it, i attached the screen image)

Apparently it's caused by some sort of "error" in the third part, but i downloaded it two times already, and nothing changes....
Hi, game not full. Update will be 19 may. Just wait =)
GOG.com: Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You're not letting anyone "be the first to play" except console gamers. I'm finding Witcher 3 everywhere for consoles now, street date has been broken, spoilers are being sent out in droves and all you at CDPR do is ignore it. Why not let PC gamers play it? Have you guys totally lost your way? Look what happened when Shadow of Mordor broke street date, WB decided to release it early because the fans didn't want to be spoiled. Now trolls are popping up everywhere spoiling the game, streaming it and making lets plays. Balls in your court, or have you completely forgotten what CDPR stands for?
Grargar: The game was also regionally-priced before and the € price remained the same; €43.79 if you have the loyalty discount. The existence of FPP is only for regionally-priced games that are more expensive than the US price. Since the equivalent price for Witcher 3 was $46.39 before (less than the equivalent $48 American price), you din't get store credit back. Now that the currency has updated and the equivalent American price is $48.69, you do get back $0.7 in store credit. In conclusion, the price will remain the same (€43.79, at least until release), but what will keep changing thanks to the fluctuating currency exchange rate, is the amount of store credit you'll be getting back.
You may be right. What mislead me was the fact that the expansion has never ceased to show the fair price package because apparently is proportionally more expensive in europe that the game.
MIK0: You may be right. What mislead me was the fact that the expansion has never ceased to show the fair price package because apparently is proportionally more expensive in europe that the game.
No, both are priced the same. That is, Witcher 3 costs €60 (instead of $60), while the expansion pass costs €25 (instead of $25). What happened, you might ask, and Witcher 3 lost its FPP, but the expansion pass didn't? That's simple. For reasons I'm not sure why, Europeans who are paying the €60 price are getting a higher discount than others. While the base preorder discount for everyone else is 10% (+10% loyalty discount), the Europeans are instead getting a 17% base discount (+10% loyalty discount). Thus, the European price fell below the American price and as a result, the FPP was removed. Now that the € has gotten stronger, though, the FPP is back.
Post edited May 17, 2015 by Grargar