It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Konrad
I bought THE WITCHER 1 & 2 online from STEAM. I want to buy THE WITCHER 3 online from GOG. How do I get the discount for owning W ! & 2 when I buy THE WITCHER 3 from GOG ?
Shadanwolf: I bought THE WITCHER 1 & 2 online from STEAM. I want to buy THE WITCHER 3 online from GOG. How do I get the discount for owning W ! & 2 when I buy THE WITCHER 3 from GOG ?
Well, I know you can redeem a free backup copy of those games in GOG through here:

https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Try that and see if the discount applies.

EDIT: It should work. This is from GOG's own description for TW3:

"We want to thank our loyal Witcher fans by applying, on top of the initial discount, an additional 5% discount per game from The Witcher series owned on GOG.com. If you own a retail copy of a Witcher game, that came with a special code for GOG.com backup copy, make sure to redeem it prior to pre-ordering The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to receive the loyality discount!"
Post edited May 13, 2015 by OdanUrr
Unlike most people, the standalone downloader stopped working for me months ago, even after reinstall. Must be something changed with my system. The Galaxy downloader has worked fine. W3 installed at full speed, + 2 extras. I am looking forward to the optional features being activated. I hope they announce the exact start time at least the day before.
GOG.com: Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien.
Guys wth? the download goes from 0 to 0.01 mb/s! but its mostly 0!!...8 hours to download 1.9 gigas when normally are 25 gigas in that time on Steam or Origins??? 1.9 gigas in the whole day!!!

And this is the second time I start the preload in 3 days since the first time I turn of the computer and when I restarted it, it was screwed.

I got the collectors edition preordered at Wallmart but I got this cause I want to play the game from minute 1; and I got it at gog.com cause I want you to get all the money but seriously guys, work on this servers "way too slow" BS please!

Best Regards!
Post edited May 13, 2015 by bigbadmclovin
Not related to the Witcher 3 in particular but I wished that GoG wouldn't cap the download speed at 25Mo/s. Fiberlink connections are spreading but everyone needs to get involved.

That could be something where GoG could get ahead from Steam.

Lemme download my games at 60Mo/s like my connection can handle.
ikoyy: Not related to the Witcher 3 in particular but I wished that GoG wouldn't cap the download speed at 25Mo/s. Fiberlink connections are spreading but everyone needs to get involved.

They pay for bandwidth. Do you want the next set of games to be $7 more expensive do you can download it a little quicker? also, what is Mo/s? I'm familiar with Mb/s and MB/s, but not Mo/s.
ikoyy: Not related to the Witcher 3 in particular but I wished that GoG wouldn't cap the download speed at 25Mo/s. Fiberlink connections are spreading but everyone needs to get involved.

paladin181: They pay for bandwidth. Do you want the next set of games to be $7 more expensive do you can download it a little quicker? also, what is Mo/s? I'm familiar with Mb/s and MB/s, but not Mo/s.
Bandwith is the backbone of a game downloading platform. Not something I'd cut my expenses on. It's just a matter of providing the very best experience to the user.

And yeah sorry about the Mo thing, it's the french terminology for bandwith. 1Mo = 1MB = 8Mb
I don't know why GOG didn't use 7zip to compress the files for download?
Just for giggles I tried setting my internal clock to the 20th of this month but didn't work :P

Anyone know how big the release day patch will be ? I'm guessing we'll have to download an updated .exe to unlock the game ?
bigbadmclovin: <snip>
Jow21: <snip>
THeRipperHD: <snip>
YrdenNerf: <snip>
Please see my previous post, might help with your speed issues.
Downloading at 0.1 mb/ps... God damn it
I'm so sad... It took the whole night for me to download the Withcher 3's 26 GB of pre-load via Galaxy (with speed going from 0.7 to 1 MB/s, the normal download speed in Italy...), now I have an icon on my desktop and I can't play it ç_ç
May 19th seems so far away...
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Nephilim88
I did say a few times over the last few months, that GOG should have it's own torrent tracker.

But GOG knows best.

it's a learning curve for the GOG galaxy, maybe they should implement P2P into it., the website is overloaded sometimes, maybe due to nuke attacks, who knows, keep things separate.The website on one server, the downloads on a seedbox [torrent tracker]

just my tuppence.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Cavenagh
So where is that 50GB game we where promised? :P Or the patch will be another 25GB?
blotunga: So where is that 50GB game we where promised? :P Or the patch will be another 25GB?
50GB? As far as I know, the full game size will be 35GB... it's also stated in the requirements on the game's store page...