It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Konrad
blade89: I have a question about the soundtrack. I simply don't have it on my shelf, I only have some exclusive tracks, I could use some help, please. Congrats to CDP for the 92 metascore, Thanks for the great game.
The soundtracks are still called "exclusive" . If the files are +200MB , then you got the full soundtrack available.
Personlly I checked only the ones that I have listened to already. The rest will wait for the release. Those I heard before would be

* Ladies of the woods
* The trail
* Sword of destiny ( from the trailer probably got another name here )
* The fields of ard skellig
* Hunt or be hunted
* Geralt of Rivia

EstebanCuza: Guys can i play it after it download??????????
Im downloading it now so i dont think i can play it until may 19, so i just want to kno if i can play it now after it download
[i][/i]
Sorry to disappoint you, but no
Post edited May 12, 2015 by lotrotk
Is the game only in English ? Do you think there will be translation in other languages with GOG plateform ?
EstebanCuza: Guys can i play it after it download??????????
Im downloading it now so i dont think i can play it until may 19, so i just want to kno if i can play it now after it download
[i][/i]
i don't think so. It's just a previous download. The game will be not available until 19th may. I'm restless too but just a couple of days and we ll finally play !
Post edited May 12, 2015 by greggouz
greggouz: Is the game only in English ? Do you think there will be translation in other languages with GOG plateform ?
From Steam page for The Witcher 3: check the image below
Attachments:
Post edited May 12, 2015 by lotrotk
greggouz: Is the game only in English ? Do you think there will be translation in other languages with GOG plateform ?
lotrotk: From Steam page for The Witcher: check the image below
of course with Steam the game are localized. My question is about GOG plateform. Because under the download button of the game, it's write "English" and not "multilanguage" or somethink close. So i'm not sure about the localization with GOG plateform. If anyone of you have an idea ...

In any case, thank you for your answer.
Color me impressed GOG. Great timing and great performance. Thanks a lot :). I got my copy free with my card but I'll be getting the season pass from your store.
Switched to the Downloader and I'm now downloading at around 1.5 MB/s. Hope they fix this in Galaxy.
Hello, I just tried to preload Witcher 3. But when i try it says "Getting file list" for a while, and then it says "Server error" and stops downloading. It would be a great help if anyone could help me with this
greggouz: of course with Steam the game are localized. My question is about GOG plateform. Because under the download button of the game, it's write "English" and not "multilanguage" or somethink close. So i'm not sure about the localization with GOG plateform. If anyone of you have an idea ...

It should be multilingual here too. From the game's page:

Audio and text: Deutsch, English, français, 日本語, polski, Português do Brasil, русский. Text only: العربية, 中文, český, español, Español (AL), magyar, italiano, 한국어
Could you post some: Witcher 3 preload in Galaxy guide for dummies? Because I am downloading 24gb for the third time and don´t even know why. I downloaded it for the first time and it started downloaded another 24GBish stuff. Now it finished and I had some installer thing in galaxy so i clicked on it and now I am downloading it again.... Could you post some step by step guide with pictures? Cause I am obviously an idiot.

EDIT: OK, now I got it... i was in extras and downloaded another installation folder.
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Librik
greggouz: of course with Steam the game are localized. My question is about GOG plateform. Because under the download button of the game, it's write "English" and not "multilanguage" or somethink close. So i'm not sure about the localization with GOG plateform. If anyone of you have an idea ...

Grargar: It should be multilingual here too. From the game's page:

Audio and text: Deutsch, English, français, 日本語, polski, Português do Brasil, русский. Text only: العربية, 中文, český, español, Español (AL), magyar, italiano, 한국어
thank you for your answer. i m relieved. have a good night and enjoy the game.
jao2828: Is it me, or is GOG intentionally complicating the online library to try and force people into using galaxy?

Excited about The Witcher 3 :D
Not excited about the new library changes.
I'm not sure how anyone could draw that conclusion considering the fact that the website library view and the Galaxy library view are now 100% identical. One could equally say that they are trying to force people to not use Galaxy for the same reason.

Seriously, the platform as a whole evolves and will continue to evolve over time and there will ALWAYS be people who like some of the changes and some people who don't like the changes because that's the very nature of both people and the nature of change. The fact that Galaxy exists now just gives people that don't like a particular change or who are completely averse to change at all something to randomly fire off blame at shot from the hip.

The changes aren't even complete yet. If one pushes aside personal bias and looks at what GOG is trying to do it is hard not to see their efforts as anything but good for everyone - themselves, their customers, the publishers/developers. They aren't going to get every single thing 100% rock solid, and every change isn't going to be the best possible decision because they're human like any of us and can make the odd bad judgment from time to time too. At least they try to give us something great and pour their heart and soul into it and they do listen to people's feedback good and bad and adjust things based on our feedback over time.

Looking at the actual changes they have made, it is clear that they read the forums and are listening to suggestions that the community has made as a lot of the changes are things that were very highly requested and it is great to see them implement so many of our suggestions. That doesn't mean every single thing they ever do will be something we have all personally requested alone or en-masse or that they'll get everything right 100% of the time - does any human being or group of people? If they bungle something badly or remove a feature that is very very highly desired or similar and enough people let them know about it (hopefully in a polite and civil manner), then there is *fantastic* chance that they will reconsider their decisions and potentially change their minds about their decisions too. I can think of numerous occasions in the past where they made a decision about something and ended up changing their minds afterword based on community feedback (good and/or bad), so they're as likely to do that now as they have in the past.

If anyone finds that a feature is missing or has been removed that they prefer to have, the civil thing to do is to request it in a polite manner in the official wishlist and let others know it is there so they can provide their feedback as well - then be patient and wait. If something is highly anticipated/desired, viable and reasonable for them to do they have a past history of taking things into consideration or reconsideration. There is no guarantee of course that they will do every single thing that every person or group of people request or demand 100% of the time, but they do listen to customer feedback all the time and it does enter into their decision making process for future changes.

Overall the feature changes to the library as a whole are a good step in the right direction and provide features that we never had before and which were very highly recommended. Those features are new and could be improved even more in the future and probably will. At the same time some of the changes are less than optimal too, such as the current linear pagination controls, lack of multiple view detail options, the removal of manual sorting, but this is still very much in a state of developmental flux right now and subject to further changes and improvements over time both on their own and based on our feedback.

Seriously folks, I'm not 100% in love with every change GOG.com has made lately either, but give them some credit for the good things that they have done and the benefit of doubt that they are at least trying to make our experiences here better even if there are some mistakes made along the way, and bumps in the road.

I never used the manual sort before so I don't personally miss it, but I know many people did use it and it was a core feature for them that they're very disappointed to lose. I too think that was an overall bad decision to remove but not at the "burn the witch, boycott the company" level of overreaction I've seen some people have in the forums. My gut instinct tells me that GOG may revisit this idea based on the volume of feedback and at some point in time may reintroduce a manual sorting feature due to demand being high, but it's hard to tell for certain and they've got a lot on their plate right now developmentally so I can see it not being their current most important priority either.

Sometimes it seems like people can be incredibly unforgiving to GOG over the smallest of things.
Ive hard that CDPR are so happy beacuse it got 1 million preorders and it got like 10 and 9 in scores so they will release it 2-3 days earlier than 19th. Its what ive heard

Lets just hope
meltic: Ive hard that CDPR are so happy beacuse it got 1 million preorders and it got like 10 and 9 in scores so they will release it 2-3 days earlier than 19th. Its what ive heard

Lets just hope
Do not toy with my feelings!
I think GoG Galaxy (tm) shows wrong download speed ? it keeps showing me figures like 0.3-0.4 ... even 0.0 MB/s, even though my comodo shows 1MB/s
Hearing great things about the game, can't wait!