It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New desktop. Decided to give windows gadgets another chance. Wallpaper is from a KDE distribution, I think.
Icons are not hidden, I just keep my desktop clean, use it only for temporary stuff. I run most programs/games with the run command (included a folder full of shortcuts in PATH). I missed dmenu so much when I migrated back to windows. This is a suitable replacement (together with the awesome windows7 taskbar pinning/shortcuts).
Attachments:
desktop.jpg (129 Kb)
My new desktop after recently upgrading to Windows 7 and a new hard drive. Still got a ton of games left to install, it all looks so bare compared to the clutter of about 40+ icons i previously had
Attachments:
desktop.gif (183 Kb)
Heres my very cluttered desktop.
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (490 Kb)
Not really much on my desktop as I find the search function in the start menu to work great.
I honestly rarely see my desktop (mostly only when I turn on or off my PC), the rest of the time there's at least an app maximized.
Attachments:
desktop.jpg (383 Kb)
AndrewC: Not really much on my desktop as I find the search function in the start menu to work great.
I honestly rarely see my desktop (mostly only when I turn on or off my PC), the rest of the time there's at least an app maximized.

:@ :angry: :@:@ :more angry: :@:@:@
Yea, yea... I see what you did there.
(SC2 icon :p)
/joke
By the way, how did you got SC working on Windows 7?
Anyway, here is mine. I like my desktop nice and clean. Have most of my games in the Games Explorer / Steam / Impulse, and my programs in the start menu.
Attachments:
desktop.jpg (156 Kb)
Post edited March 16, 2010 by KavazovAngel
: Image from the [url=http://mystmovie.com/2009/12/25/a-holiday-cookie/]Myst: The Book of Ti’ana movie project.
: Cropped and resized version of [url=http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1249234]this stock image.
Attachments:
Post edited March 16, 2010 by Miaghstir
KavazovAngel: By the way, how did you got SC working on Windows 7?

It just works; I have the glitchy graphics in the menus but in-game everything is great.
I also use Resolution Expander to game at my native resolution (wide-screen) when playing single-player or LAN (you can get banned on Battle.net if you're caught using it).
Current WindowBlinds theme:
Cinnabar by essorant
Current IconPackager theme:
Delta by J. Aroche
My heavily modded desktop with Rainmeter, Samurize (built-in Pandora radio), Rocketdock, and a custom theme to Vista.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1603/current.png (1680X1050 warning)
(My memory is high because TF2 is running in the background.)
Samurize
Rainmeter
Rocketdock
Theme
My Wallpaper that I made myself with Paint.net
The whole project took me about 6 hours.
Post edited March 16, 2010 by Arkenbon
KavazovAngel: By the way, how did you got SC working on Windows 7?

Whenever i try to install SC task manager freezes and it takes about 10 minutes for it to start installing. Than once its finished and i go to play the game it says i dont have the disc inserted.
Can we move on from the Windows 95 crap, people?
melchiz: Can we move on from the Windows 95 crap, people?

I didn't really see any Windows 95/98, mostly Windows 2000 to 7
Arkenbon: I didn't really see any Windows 95/98, mostly Windows 2000 to 7

I was referring to the Windows Classic theme so many people are using.
Arkenbon: I didn't really see any Windows 95/98, mostly Windows 2000 to 7
melchiz: I was referring to the Windows Classic theme so many people are using.

I think they just like the old school theme. (Not so hard to believe here at GOG :) )
This might be considered blasphemy, but I don't have a PC anymore, I sold to purchase this.
I'll replace in after me and the wifey get jobs again, but going to go with a desktop replacement laptop, tired of dicking around with home built rigs.
Attachments:
ohdears.jpg (196 Kb)