It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lukaszthegreat: oh my. you had to spend a lot money on those movies. :)
my desktop and my desktop showing what games i have installed on my computer.
oh. I guess NSFW
Paul_cz: Oh you bet. Subscriptions to rapidshare and netload are not free you know : ).But all my 117 installed games are bought, most of them from retail, around 30 from gog and 15 from Steam.

Mmm..I'd actually buy movies if they were available via digital download. It makes perfect sense for the medium. Silly people.
Mine's nothing special...
Attachments:
desktop.jpg (441 Kb)
chautemoc: Mmm..I'd actually buy movies if they were available via digital download. It makes perfect sense for the medium. Silly people.

You know, I would buy them too, if they were available in HD without DRM and via subsciption based model with unlimited download speeds (kind of like I have it now with rs and netload).But as it is, movie companies can kiss my ass and be happy that I go to cinema once every two months.
Did a full reinstall of my laptop, here's some of the games I've got on it now (including Steam games) and my surprisingly bare (non NSFW, unlike some of your pervs) desktop.
Attachments:
somegames.jpg (106 Kb)
chautemoc: Mmm..I'd actually buy movies if they were available via digital download. It makes perfect sense for the medium. Silly people.
Paul_cz: You know, I would buy them too, if they were available in HD without DRM and via subsciption based model with unlimited download speeds (kind of like I have it now with rs and netload).But as it is, movie companies can kiss my ass and be happy that I go to cinema once every two months.

High five. :)
Paul_cz: You know, I would buy them too, if they were available in HD without DRM and via subsciption based model with unlimited download speeds (kind of like I have it now with rs and netload).But as it is, movie companies can kiss my ass and be happy that I go to cinema once every two months.

I don't understand how you buy all the games at the store, but you justify to yourself downloading movies. Why don't you download the games too? What is the difference between the two, other than movies cost more to make and distribute.
honorbuddy: I don't understand how you buy all the games at the store, but you justify to yourself downloading movies. Why don't you download the games too? What is the difference between the two, other than movies cost more to make and distribute.

I do not justify it.I know it is "wrong". I just do not care. I buy games because that is my favourite medium, and I love PC games and want them to thrive.I support movie industry by going to cinema.If movie companies want even more money from me, they will offer a service that will compete with rs and other filesharing sites.
honorbuddy: I don't understand how you buy all the games at the store, but you justify to yourself downloading movies. Why don't you download the games too? What is the difference between the two, other than movies cost more to make and distribute.

Because you have to buy games so you can play the multiplayer!
Paul_cz: If movie companies want even more money from me, they will offer a service that will compete with rs and other filesharing sites.
There are such services out there.
A lot of them are even advertised by ISPs themselves and/or are a part of their service package.
Post edited May 03, 2009 by Almak
Almak: There are such services out there.
A lot of them are even advertised by ISPs themselves and/or are a part of their service package.

Uuu, gimme links!
Paul_cz: If movie companies want even more money from me, they will offer a service that will compete with rs and other filesharing sites.

Cool. Any examples? Because I sure as hell haven't seen any of those ads : ).But I bet that even if they have such a service, it will:
1)be filled with DRM
2)be of not as good quality
3)will not be as convenient
4)will not be available in Czech Republic anyway.
But if I am wrong and there is legal subscription based movie downloading service with HD movies operating in Czech republic, I will subscribe tomorrow : ).
Paul_cz: Cool. Any examples? Because I sure as hell haven't seen any of those ads : ).But I bet that even if they have such a service, it will:
1)be filled with DRM
2)be of not as good quality
3)will not be as convenient
4)will not be available in Czech Republic anyway.
But if I am wrong and there is legal subscription based movie downloading service with HD movies operating in Czech republic, I will subscribe tomorrow : ).
I don't think I can be of much help here unfortunately, or at least as far as Czech Republic goes. They are rarely advertised and in some cases you have to look through the ISPs site to really find them but they are out there. As far as DRM, in most cases (do note that I say in most, not all) they do not give you an option to download but rather through an account based service rent the movies for periods of time. They are (or at least the ones I have seen thus far here locally in Sweden) most definitely HD though.
I'm not judging you for your choices though as I firmly believe that its an individual choice of how one interacts with services and which ones a person chooses to use and vice versa I just wanted to say that based on my personal experiences those services your looking for are out there albeit not as easy to find as they should be though. :/
Post edited May 03, 2009 by Almak
Well, my ISP does not offer any service like that and I doubt any other here in CZ does.Which is a shame, since I have 15mbits without any bandwith cap and would definitely use it for that.Now I gotta use other means, like rapidshare and netload.Because I just do not have enough money to buy movies in HD that I want to watch - not if I want to buy all my games as well.For example The Dark Knight on Bluray costs here (after discount) 720Kč, which is 36 dollars - that is almost twice as much than a game that I usually buy. And this is for two hours of entertainment.Not to mention that it is basically 1/24 of my monthly salary.
One more thing - downloading movies and music (not software) is legal in CZ, if you are not uploading it yourself and if it is for personal noncommerial use.And the morals of it really do not bother me, for the reasons I already wrote.
Post edited May 03, 2009 by Paul_cz
Yep, as Paul said. Not to mention some movies are pretty hard to get and even thou I am buing movies from cheap books (aaaah, a movie for 50Kč? Yaay!), I just... Won't pay 30$ shipping from a sites like amazon for an old movie. Not a chance.
Paul_cz: Well, my ISP does not offer any service like that and I doubt any other here in CZ does.Which is a shame, since I have 15mbits without any bandwith cap and would definitely use it for that.Now I gotta use other means, like rapidshare and netload.Because I just do not have enough money to buy movies in HD that I want to watch - not if I want to buy all my games as well.For example The Dark Knight on Bluray costs here (after discount) 720Kč, which is 36 dollars - that is almost twice as much than a game that I usually buy. And this is for two hours of entertainment.Not to mention that it is basically 1/24 of my monthly salary.
One more thing - downloading movies and music (not software) is legal in CZ, if you are not uploading it yourself and if it is for personal noncommerial use.And the morals of it really do not bother me, for the reasons I already wrote.
Jesus, well that sucks. I just checked a local online shop I frequent and they have Dark Knight (DVD) on sale for 79SEK, which is about 9,80 USD (BluRay iss about 20USD). :/
I see where youre coming from. I'm just surprised that local ISPs havent caught up on the trend. Nice net speed though. :)
Your probably one of the few people whose going to be able to actually use onLive if they get around releasing it. Haha, sorry offtopic comment.