It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

michaelleung: Here is the ugliest desktop on Earth... my laptop.

>>XP
>>9000 background applications
>>Clusterfuck of shortcuts
I'd say you need to format and start with a fresh Windows 7 install.
michaelleung: Here is the ugliest desktop on Earth... my laptop.
Urb4nZ0mb13: >>XP
>>9000 background applications
>>Clusterfuck of shortcuts
I'd say you need to format and start with a fresh Windows 7 install.

What's wrong with XP?
Anyway, I'm one of those perfectionists who attempts to try not to use the Start Menu that much. I ordered my icons like that, and I freak out when people rearrange them (I've got some mild case of OCPD). And for some reason, I like a small desktop space overrun by icons. But that's just me.
My current
@michaelleung:
I can't use the desktop for icons. I do sometimes for work, but once I'm finished with it, I'll remove them, so I pretty much ONLY use the start menu.
Post edited February 13, 2009 by sheepdragon
most of the time my desktop only has 10 icons on it but i've gotten a bit messy of late.
This is a former desktop of mine, it was a good pic but a bit too easy to lose stuff on
Attachments:
lukaszthegreat: Nel
Ulquiorra.
Urb4nZ0mb13: Do want.

here you go
http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1234515800940tv9.jpg
and my current wall. i am so bant.
Attachments:
I was about to make a remark about you having a very clean desktop but then I looked at the picture again...
lukaszthegreat: here you go

I have this urge to shoot you, yet I am inclined to uh, look at the picture again. And again. And again...
lukaszthegreat: here you go

And Neliel?...
Awesome desktop btw.
I'm afraid my desktop doesn't look nearly as spectacular than most of those posted here, but it works:
link
Post edited February 13, 2009 by hansschmucker
hansschmucker: I'm afraid my desktop doesn't look nearly as spectacular than most of those posted here, but it works:
link

What's the mod you've got for your taskbar?
hansschmucker: I'm afraid my desktop doesn't look nearly as spectacular than most of those posted here, but it works:
link
Nafe: What's the mod you've got for your taskbar?

None, that's the standard Win7 layout, only moved to the left. I use RocketDock on the left for my XP setup, so it just felt natural that way.
Ahhh, I've not even looked at Win 7 so I assumed it was vista modded. Although I guess perhaps one could argue that's exactly what Win 7 is :).
Nafe: Ahhh, I've not even looked at Win 7 so I assumed it was vista modded. Although I guess perhaps one could argue that's exactly what Win 7 is :).

And one would be absolutely right. As owner of two Vista licenses that are basically unusable, I'm still not sure what I'll do when it comes out.
My desk.
Attachments:
desk0003.jpg (147 Kb)
With Stardock's amazing Fences program
Attachments:
vagdesk3.jpg (343 Kb)