It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s not exactly a model of convenience, though still a cut above the limited sales which require GoGers to stay on the site every minute for the best deals. A kooky promotion every now and then isn’t that bothersome when normal sales are plentiful.
Marioface5:
Gnostic: I thought we are having that now?
copied directly from the gog announcement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Promo and Piñata include a completely separate batch of games, so there's plenty of variety and surprises - we'll also rotate the Promo and Piñata lineup after three days, just so that things don't get too stale.

People concentrate on the Pinatas and ignore the Promo rotation?
Well I can't help but notice that the prices of this current deal are much higher than the Bundle Tower deal. I still think GOG could do better.
Gnostic: I thought we are having that now?
copied directly from the gog announcement.

The Promo and Piñata include a completely separate batch of games, so there's plenty of variety and surprises - we'll also rotate the Promo and Piñata lineup after three days, just so that things don't get too stale.

People concentrate on the Pinatas and ignore the Promo rotation?
IronArcturus: Well I can't help but notice that the prices of this current deal are much higher than the Bundle Tower deal. I still think GOG could do better.
I have to say, this time around the Humble Store really blew GOG out of the water. More discounts, and the "build a bundle" things made for some even better deals. Now that's a gimmick I can get behind.
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Breja
Breja: I have to say, this time around the Humble Store really blew GOG out of the water. Way better prices, and the "build a bundle" things made for some even better deals. Now that's a gimmick I can get behind.
I think its unfair to compare this promo with Humble's because they have their Summer Sale at the end of the season instead of earlier like GOG. So a fair comparison actually would be GOG's Summer Sale vs. Humblebundle's current sale.

Build a bundle though is definitely great for customers and GOG should take a cue from Humble for their next big promo sale.
IronArcturus: Well I can't help but notice that the prices of this current deal are much higher than the Bundle Tower deal. I still think GOG could do better.
Breja: I have to say, this time around the Humble Store really blew GOG out of the water. More discounts, and the "build a bundle" things made for some even better deals. Now that's a gimmick I can get behind.
I miss the times when Humble was purely DRM-free. Now it's just another Steam store. GOG is our last DRM-free hope, but they've really dropped the ball with this current promo.
Breja: I have to say, this time around the Humble Store really blew GOG out of the water. Way better prices, and the "build a bundle" things made for some even better deals. Now that's a gimmick I can get behind.
stg83: I think its unfair to compare this promo with Humble's because they have their Summer Sale at the end of the season instead of earlier like GOG. So a fair comparison actually would be GOG's Summer Sale vs. Humblebundle's current sale.
Maybe so (and the Summer Sale here was great), but it's hard not to compare sales as they coincide, as that's the choice of which one to spend money on we have to make. And this time Humble won- for a price that would get me maybe two games from my wishlist on GOG I build two whole bundles of them on Humble.
IronArcturus: I miss the times when Humble was purely DRM-free. Now it's just another Steam store. GOG is our last DRM-free hope, but they've really dropped the ball with this current promo.
I would not say they are just another Steam store, there's plenty of DRM-free games there too. They are not DRM-Free only, but I don't think they ever promised to be, so I don't hold it against them as much. I still prefer to buy on GOG, to support DRM-free only store, but this time around the deals on Humble were just too good to ignore.
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Breja
Breja: Maybe so (and the Summer Sale here was great), but it's hard not to compare sales as they coincide, as that's the choice of which one to spend money on we have to make. And this time Humble won- for a price that would get me maybe two games from my wishlist on GOG I build two whole bundles of them on Humble.
Indeed, from the customer's perspective in terms of where to spend their money, Humble definitely won hands down because of enticing publisher bundles like Daedalic and Devolver to name a couple.
Maxvorstadt: The only question is, where is Mista Dabolina?
In Chalmun's Cantina (downing juri juice with Kabe and Labria).
deleted
Sure do.
My personal dislike for this sale is that it's supposed to give you games that you don't own, but GOG provides no way for you to let it know which games you own elsewhere, and so this second round has been four games I don't own at all, seven games I own but not through GOG, and all of which I haven't been willing to purchase at their previous sale prices. My expected price for even just a game I don't already own, then, is over $5, for games that have nearly all been on sale at some point for $5 or less.

The first round went pretty much the same way (apparently with some of the games I actually didn't own even selling out by the time I got to them), and I can't help but expect the next to do so as well.

As long as GOG is unwilling to let us register ownership for games owned outside of GOG, and as long a they have a policy of not letting us know that they will eventually sell games that they don't sell at launch (leading us to buy those games elsewhere), then this type of sale will never be a good idea to participate in, I think.
willietrom: My personal dislike for this sale is that it's supposed to give you games that you don't own, but GOG provides no way for you to let it know which games you own elsewhere, and so this second round has been four games I don't own at all, seven games I own but not through GOG, and all of which I haven't been willing to purchase at their previous sale prices. My expected price for even just a game I don't already own, then, is over $5, for games that have nearly all been on sale at some point for $5 or less.

The first round went pretty much the same way (apparently with some of the games I actually didn't own even selling out by the time I got to them), and I can't help but expect the next to do so as well.

As long as GOG is unwilling to let us register ownership for games owned outside of GOG, and as long a they have a policy of not letting us know that they will eventually sell games that they don't sell at launch (leading us to buy those games elsewhere), then this type of sale will never be a good idea to participate in, I think.
So, in essence, you're blaming GOG for not being omniscient?

They don't necessarily know which games they'll be able to sell in the future, or which games you happen to have in your current possession.

If you actually know that GOG has no way of divining such information, then you only have yourself to blame if you enter what is, essentially, a "pot luck" sale.

And don't say that they should give you a way to register games owned from other places -- as yet, I haven't seen anyone do that, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame GOG.
Post edited September 15, 2015 by blakstar
blakstar: And don't say that they should give you a way to register games owned from other places -- as yet, I haven't seen anyone do that, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame GOG.
It's not about registering games bought elsewhere (as in getting a GOG copy too), only about marking the game as owned, for convenience and such situations as this pinatas. At least that's what I would like to see implemented, and what I think willietrom meant.
why is this such a debate? the pinata is sub-optimal.

really what clinches is not that I haven't heard from support but that I haven't received any emails with gift keys from pinatas I bought yet.
JDelekto: Interesting, they already said what price ranged game you may get in return, what you may value at $2.00 is probably not at the price the game is sold, but worth what you're willing to pay for it.
Games like Lumino City, Inquisitor and Torchlight have all been sold several times for much cheaper, if i'm not mistaken. Torchlight was even free.