It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is why I refuse to do blind buys anymore; when I was a kid, I loved CCGs/TCGs; you know, things like Magic, Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh! where you buy a pack of cards and hope to get something good? Once I started buying games myself, I realized just how much of a ripoff they are.

And it's why I refuse to buy even one Pinata.
They suck? I would have thought they break.
I don't mind the idea of Pinata's, I just hate the list of games being reported as won. I bought 3 and luckily got 3 games I don't own on another platform.

Sadly though, looking at the reported list, the games being offered are terrible. This is gog. Where are all the really good Good Old Games at in the Pinata's? Instead it is full of games you could of gotten in humble bundles, indiegala, or one of the other numerous indie websites for way cheaper than the price of a pinata.

Gog is quickly becoming just another game distribution channel. It used to offer old games, updated to work on new systems, as an exclusive. Now they focus on terrible indie games, and most of the older games are now being offered on other platforms like steam as well.
Retsopmi: I don't mind the idea of Pinata's, I just hate the list of games being reported as won. I bought 3 and luckily got 3 games I don't own on another platform.

Sadly though, looking at the reported list, the games being offered are terrible. This is gog. Where are all the really good Good Old Games at in the Pinata's? Instead it is full of games you could of gotten in humble bundles, indiegala, or one of the other numerous indie websites for way cheaper than the price of a pinata.

Gog is quickly becoming just another game distribution channel. It used to offer old games, updated to work on new systems, as an exclusive. Now they focus on terrible indie games, and most of the older games are now being offered on other platforms like steam as well.
1. It's the Indie Pinata sale. Indie games are kind of the point of this one.

2. Have you been absent the past few weeks? More old Ubisoft games have been showing up, and recently GOG was finally able to get a bunch of SSI games with more to come, which they now seem to be the publishers of and are GOG exclusive. Bethesda also joined recently, bringing the return of the classic Fallout games along with other classic games, including digital premiers for TES Redguard and Battlespire, neither of which are on Steam at the time of writing. People who want old games from GOG should be more than content right now, I would say.
mrkgnao: But then how would they get rid of all the Machinariums, Alcatrazes and Guacamelees that are on practically nobody's wishlists and are positively clogging their warehouse?
IronArcturus: Everything must go!
Nope, only insomnia sales attain the everything must go status.
IronArcturus: Everything must go!
Gnostic: Nope, only insomnia sales attain the everything must go status.
Ugh, I would always miss the best deals when that would show up on GOG! How about no more "randomness" and no more you-have-less-than-a-minute-to-decide deals! What happened to that one promo where it listed like 20 games and it would tell you when new promos would show up? :P
Gnostic: Nope, only insomnia sales attain the everything must go status.
IronArcturus: Ugh, I would always miss the best deals when that would show up on GOG! How about no more "randomness" and no more you-have-less-than-a-minute-to-decide deals! What happened to that one promo where it listed like 20 games and it would tell you when new promos would show up? :P
Are you speaking about this pyramid (I hope that I remember the name right) promo?
IronArcturus: Ugh, I would always miss the best deals when that would show up on GOG! How about no more "randomness" and no more you-have-less-than-a-minute-to-decide deals! What happened to that one promo where it listed like 20 games and it would tell you when new promos would show up? :P
Maxvorstadt: Are you speaking about this pyramid (I hope that I remember the name right) promo?
I'm not sure what it was called. But it was really nice to see all the games at once. Plus, it would count down the hours when new promos would show up. Now that was the kind of promo GOG needs to bring back!
Post edited September 14, 2015 by IronArcturus
Maxvorstadt: Are you speaking about this pyramid (I hope that I remember the name right) promo?
IronArcturus: I'm not sure what it was called. But it was really nice to see all the games at once. Plus, it would count down the hours when new promos would show up. Now that was the kind of promo GOG needs to bring back!
Are you guys talking about the bundle tower, I think it was called? I think that's the only sale gimmick I've seen on GOG that I've actually liked.
IronArcturus: I'm not sure what it was called. But it was really nice to see all the games at once. Plus, it would count down the hours when new promos would show up. Now that was the kind of promo GOG needs to bring back!
Marioface5: Are you guys talking about the bundle tower, I think it was called? I think that's the only sale gimmick I've seen on GOG that I've actually liked.
"Bundle Tower." That might be it. Is there a list of all the past GOG promos to find out?
Marioface5:
I thought we are having that now?
copied directly from the gog announcement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Promo and Piñata include a completely separate batch of games, so there's plenty of variety and surprises - we'll also rotate the Promo and Piñata lineup after three days, just so that things don't get too stale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People concentrate on the Pinatas and ignore the Promo rotation?
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Gnostic
I always fall in these things, I love surprises, but the outcome is always like this:

1) I get excited for the promo, is a surprise and I love so many games
2) I check the list of the available games in the forum
3) I realize I like many of the games available
4) I realize WHICH are the games I DO NOT WANT, usually the less number of them (in this case, I promise, it was Volkarr the Viking and the Last Federation)
5) I process to get one Piñata, I get Last Federation. https://youtu.be/7AXB8nGq5jc?t=38
6) I think if I buy a new one, my chances to get Volkarr will be small.
7) I process to get a second Piñata, Volkarr https://youtu.be/XjwO9InuFJk?t=48
8) It happened exactly the same thing in the last "random" promo.
9) I promise myself to not buy any other game in this way.
10) GOTO 1
Post edited September 14, 2015 by YaTEdiGo
I hadn't noticed the rotation. It's been a lackluster sale for me, haven't bought anything and I probably won't. I guess the reality is what I don't already own I'm just not that interested in buying, even at discounted prices. Not touching the blind bags, I've always disliked GOG's gimmicky sales, but they keep doing them so people must like them. Put Republique on sale for $3 and I'll buy it, but I refuse to buy blind a bunch of games I have no interest in playing.
Don't think I like Pinatas......
mrkgnao: Not exactly. Suppose you do want to have them all, but you also happen to already own all except one, let's say Republique, then it's a huge gamble, because your chance of actually getting that game rather than one you already own is in the range of 2% or less.
I explicitly said "if you want all the games inside" it is no gamble.