It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StarCrawlers Chimera is a first-person, turn-based, cyberpunk RPG – and it’s now out of early access on GOG!

Customize your character skills and dive into the Chimera complex to find the elusive Dr. Cerberus. Are you a stealthy cyberninja? A crazed pyromaniac soldier? Mind-bending void psyker? Or a bit of all of them?

Now on GOG, in its full glory!
GOG.com: ... and dive into the Chimera complex to find the elusive Dr.C ...
Or dive not, for doing the forum is not that complex...

So it's basically a one-man army of infiltrators against a swarm of enemies, TBS-like. Would otherwise take a party of 4 (or six) in the old days (I appreciate the group effort)?
Bought.
I liked the first game even though I didn't spend a lot of time into. Highly considering this one, especially with a modest price.
Good to see a lot of these games crossing the EA finish line.
Post edited May 14, 2024 by allope
Ganni1987: I liked the first game even though I didn't spend a lot of time into. Highly considering this one, especially with a modest price.
I got almost to the very end in the first one, but for some reason my team that made it through the entire game suddenly could barely make it through any fight in what was, I think, the penultimate mission. I don't know if I screwed up leveling up, or just wasn't clever enough for the tough fights or what...

Anyway, I'd still probably consider buying a proper sequel, but a roguelike spin-off? Thanks, but no thanks.
Roguelike? Permadeath? Nah, ain't gonna buy that!
Maxvorstadt: Roguelike? Permadeath? Nah, ain't gonna buy that!
Permadeath is optional. And you can choose from various difficulty modes.
Maxvorstadt: Roguelike? Permadeath? Nah, ain't gonna buy that!
PaterAlf: Permadeath is optional. And you can choose from various difficulty modes.
Hm, that sounds better. GOG should explain that better.
The page says turn based RTS but the pictures look like standard FPS, so does this play like VATS in Fallout or what?
W1ldc44t: The page says turn based RTS but the pictures look like standard FPS, so does this play like VATS in Fallout or what?
While the game was in developement I saw someone streaming it on Twitch, and it looked really like a FPS. There was no change to a battle screen like in the first game. Instead the battles took place in the normal game world, and there were no turns at all.
W1ldc44t: The page says turn based RTS but the pictures look like standard FPS, so does this play like VATS in Fallout or what?
Maxvorstadt: While the game was in developement I saw someone streaming it on Twitch, and it looked really like a FPS. There was no change to a battle screen like in the first game. Instead the battles took place in the normal game world, and there were no turns at all.
Weird. A demo might be nice in cases like this.