It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: Isn't that nearly the exact same level as yesterday? I fear they made the mistake of constructing their KS project w/o an incentive for most to pay attention the whole time (Bones is an example of one that did the opposite).
They already have nearly twice for what they asked and still more then three weeks of time. To me this looks like a thundering success. Especially as apart from the Obsidian label the rest of the game seems fairly generic and boring. But that made me pledge 100$, knowing that Obsidian will deliver, despite everything else.
SimonG: They already have nearly twice for what they asked and still more then three weeks of time. To me this looks like a thundering success. Especially as apart from the Obsidian label the rest of the game seems fairly generic and boring. But that made me pledge 100$, knowing that Obsidian will deliver, despite everything else.
Only $100? Cut back on the hookers and blow, bro.
lowyhong: Only $100? Cut back on the hookers and blow, bro.
$100 for Obsidian alone.

$ 0 For setting and everything else I heard so far. If that improves, my pledge improves.

Honestly, if I would read this Kickstarter and somebody would hide the developer, I would not pledge.
I would have been more thrilled though if they'd decided to make a VtM RPG instead. Anything from Obsidian's core team is great, but I'm so in love with the Masquerade setting, I would give anything for a real RPG based off its PnP rules.
lowyhong: Only $100? Cut back on the hookers and blow, bro.
SimonG: $100 for Obsidian alone.

$ 0 For setting and everything else I heard so far. If that improves, my pledge improves.
If the type of game you want is something like Alpha Protocol or Fallout: New Vegas, then you probably are better off not pledging at all.
lowyhong: I would have been more thrilled though if they'd decided to make a VtM RPG instead. Anything from Obsidian's core team is great, but I'm so in love with the Masquerade setting, I would give anything for a real RPG based off its PnP rules.
Actually, I would have rather had something different altogether. Like Alpha Protocol. Not only do I find the "high fantasy setting" the most boring of all fantasy settings and D&D the most boring of all "high fantasy" fantasies.

Also, I explicitly don't want PnP rules. PnP systems are design of Pen and Paper gaming sessions. I don't want that. I have a computer how can throw a billion dice in a second, why do I need a dumbed down system. Look at proper CRPGs like Fallout or Arcanum. Those where brilliantly designed because they where designed without the flaws of the PnP system.

(But I have to admit, the Masquerade setting was rather interesting. To bad it ended).
Well, if I were Obsidian, I would have waited a month and at least had a name for the game before launching the Kickstarter, preferably with some artwork, and a complete story concept and setting to pitch. It's going to succeed obviously, but I believe much more money if the presentation was less vague. I read on Chris Avellone's blog a while back that Josh Sawyer actually came up with the plot for Icewind Dale 2 in one weekend.

I just hope this was just a case of bad organization, and Obsidian aren't in the dumps financially, basically forced into this to prevent insolvency.

Sorry for the negativity, I just felt I needed to speak my mind, despite my support for this project.
Post edited September 23, 2012 by Crosmando
Crosmando: Well, if I were Obsidian, I would have waited a month and at least had a name for the game before launching the Kickstarter, preferably with some artwork, and a complete story concept and setting to pitch. It's going to succeed obviously, but I believe much more money if the presentation was less vague. I read on Chris Avellone's blog a while back that Chris Sawyer actually came up with the plot for Icewind Dale 2 in one weekend.

I just hope this was a case of bad organization, and Obsidian aren't in the dumps financially, basically forced into this to prevent insolvency.

Sorry for the negativity, I just felt I needed to speak my mind, despite my support for this project.
Is Chris Sawyer JE's brother or some sort of amazing fusion of Chris Avellone and JE Sawyer into the ultimate world-building mutant?
Crosmando: Well, if I were Obsidian, I would have waited a month and at least had a name for the game before launching the Kickstarter, preferably with some artwork, and a complete story concept and setting to pitch. It's going to succeed obviously, but I believe much more money if the presentation was less vague. I read on Chris Avellone's blog a while back that Chris Sawyer actually came up with the plot for Icewind Dale 2 in one weekend.

I just hope this was a case of bad organization, and Obsidian aren't in the dumps financially, basically forced into this to prevent insolvency.

Gazoinks: Is Chris Sawyer JE's brother or some sort of amazing fusion of Chris Avellone and JE Sawyer into the ultimate world-building mutant?
No no, just me being up too late I'm afraid :) I'll edit it now
Post edited September 23, 2012 by lowyhong
Gazoinks: Is Chris Sawyer JE's brother or some sort of amazing fusion of Chris Avellone and JE Sawyer into the ultimate world-building mutant?
Crosmando: No no, just me being up too late I'm afraid :) I'll edit it now
No mutant? ;_;
lowyhong: Too many Chris-es, Taylors and Sawyers...

(but Chris Sawyer does exist :P)
Why are there so many developers named Chris? Or, for that matter, Chris Taylor. x]
Post edited September 23, 2012 by Gazoinks
Gazoinks: Why are there so many developers named Chris? Or, for that matter, Chris Taylor. x]
How is it you guys always manage to ninja me before I "delete" my posts?!
Gazoinks: Why are there so many developers named Chris? Or, for that matter, Chris Taylor. x]
lowyhong: How is it you guys always manage to ninja me before I "delete" my posts?!
Training with Fruit Ninja?
lowyhong
[edit skill]
roll
[failure]
I didn't see that anyone had posted this, so forgive me if it has been already:

Interview with Feargus Urquhart.