It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If a DRM-free option arrives (let's say both GOG and Obsidian's own version), even multiplayer, included with both Mac and Linux support and excluding any filler content of more quests, items, characters, plots what sort of features would you people be interested in?

I for one hopes that their reputation system is more dynamic than many have been before. While some RPGs increase their replayability because of different outcomes it doesn't really affect much on the current playthrough the way you play even though you have choices.
I just want a good game with a good story, like Planescape Torment. That's all.
Nirth: If a DRM-free option arrives (let's say both GOG and Obsidian's own version), even multiplayer, included with both Mac and Linux support and excluding any filler content of more quests, items, characters, plots what sort of features would you people be interested in?
Well, modding support first obviously. Second would be meaningfull and world affecting C&C (choises & consequences). No DLC crapware, only expansions would be third. Single player only, no money wasted on MP (and don't mention social anything). Oh and I hope it's dark fantasy, not rainbow colors and kittens.
Post edited September 19, 2012 by Petrell
sebarnolds: It seems to me that they didn't foresee that success at all and that they were not correctly prepared for this
Adzeth: Didn't they like... introduce a "give us 2 million for Linux support" stretch goal on day 2 or something? That doesn't sound like "oh my, I don't think we'll make a lot of money with this" kind of thing to do at all.
Well, sure, they had hopes to win the big prize and I think they expected to exceed their base goal but THAT quickly ? I don't think so. That's what I am saying, nothing more.

It seems to me their stretch goals are not clearly defined and well described. It doesn't sound very prepared to me.

We'll see with their later updates.
sebarnolds: It seems to me their stretch goals are not clearly defined and well described. It doesn't sound very prepared to me.
I've seen this reaction a lot but don't really understand it. Their goals are the same as any project really, more content. They present it in a very defined manner, which might be what confuses people, but it's the same as Shadowrun adding a new city or whatever.
sebarnolds: It seems to me their stretch goals are not clearly defined and well described. It doesn't sound very prepared to me.
StingingVelvet: I've seen this reaction a lot but don't really understand it. Their goals are the same as any project really, more content. They present it in a very defined manner, which might be what confuses people, but it's the same as Shadowrun adding a new city or whatever.
New player race, Class ? More story ? New faction ?

I'd say it is pretty vague as we don't know what / how much they originally planned. Unless I misunderstood something (note that I didn't read all the interviews they did).
Nirth: If a DRM-free option arrives (let's say both GOG and Obsidian's own version), even multiplayer, included with both Mac and Linux support and excluding any filler content of more quests, items, characters, plots what sort of features would you people be interested in?
Petrell: Well, modding support first obviously. Second would be meaningfull and world affecting C&C (choises & consequences). No DLC crapware, only expansions would be third. Single player only, no money wasted on MP (and don't mention social anything). Oh and I hope it's dark fantasy, not rainbow colors and kittens.
I assumed C&C but you're right, I totally forgot about modding. I also agree on dark fantasy, less epic/high and classic fantasy. Preferably a mix between dark and some bizarre fantasy. And yes, no social anything or DLC.
Nirth: I assumed C&C but you're right, I totally forgot about modding. I also agree on dark fantasy, less epic/high and classic fantasy. Preferably a mix between dark and some bizarre fantasy. And yes, no social anything or DLC.
I also would like the setting to be something other than medieval (why always Europe anyway? how about oriental, mid east or americas) setting in fantasy world. What about bronze age for a change or colonial era or renaisance? What about an alien world (no not scifi, world that looks alien to us with bizarre animals, plants and architechture) or another plane (ala planescape). Anything that takes it apart from standard cut'n'paste medieval fantasy.
GOG and Obsidian are professing their love on Twitter ...
SLP2000: GOG and Obsidian are professing their love on Twitter ...
Suspicious, isn't it?
Nergal01: Suspicious, isn't it?
Nah, I'm sure they announce their marriage, maybe even in the next update.

Too many people asking from GOG to ignore it. And TBH, it was amazing to read all the comments when Obsidian kickstarter started, and see how many people asked for GOG. I didn't see that with Double Fine or Wasteland 2 kickstarters,
https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/248441338691981313
Success!
Thank you. I just witnessed something very beautiful *weeps a bit*

;)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts

"In conjunction with GOG, we are going to offer a DRM free version of the game for our Kickstarter Backers."

Dingdingdingdingding.