It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now you’ll be able to see far ahead and feel more secure even on the hostile planet. A new update for No Man’s Sky brings powerful Exo Mech machines to your disposal. The release of this update gives us the opportunity to add a 50% discount on the No Man’s Sky base game lasting until 13th April, 1 PM UTC.
takezodunmer2005: Whoops I should have been much clearer, while you can stabilize the environs-degradation meter, you cannot refill the meter like as with a cave; or pre-beyond synthesis? I can't remember which... anyways if you build a shelter/bore into a mountain, you cannot regenerate your environment degradation meter anymore!
Ah, this makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I got NMS at the end of January, so I don't remember pre-synthesis, and was little afraid that something slipped by me in some of the recent updates. I find current system good enough compromise - usually I only need few seconds breathing space to refill my lifesupport meters from resources, or wait until a storm is over. But every nerf hurts if you are used to having it easy(ier), I'd probably complain too in your place. At least a bit.
Very nice! I've played NMS off and on for the past year and a half or so and it's really grown into something great. There's not much that's more relaxing than exploring a virtually limitless game world and this mech idea is great.
takezodunmer2005: Whoops I should have been much clearer, while you can stabilize the environs-degradation meter, you cannot refill the meter like as with a cave; or pre-beyond synthesis? I can't remember which... anyways if you build a shelter/bore into a mountain, you cannot regenerate your environment degradation meter anymore!
huan: Ah, this makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I got NMS at the end of January, so I don't remember pre-synthesis, and was little afraid that something slipped by me in some of the recent updates. I find current system good enough compromise - usually I only need few seconds breathing space to refill my lifesupport meters from resources, or wait until a storm is over. But every nerf hurts if you are used to having it easy(ier), I'd probably complain too in your place. At least a bit.
Yeah the nerfs are irritating, but not game breaking as I'm still enjoying the game (Got it via Atlus) and am so incredibly impressed by their dedication, that the nerfs will not break the game for me.

On another note; anyone else having severe mouse issues with mods enabled? I verified/repaired my game and all worked fine until I re-enabled mods again!
takezodunmer2005: On another note; anyone else having severe mouse issues with mods enabled? I verified/repaired my game and all worked fine until I re-enabled mods again!
There are currently a lot of complaints on steam forums regarding weird mouse behaviour after an update.
To name a few (those are just random examples):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567725536/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567575154/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567241839/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2149848024141025048/
If you have ANY weird mouse behaviour it is recommended to alt tab out and then alt tab back to the game thou it doesn't work for a lot of people.

There allegedly is a fix in one of beta branches ON STEAM:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2149848024140952886/
But this is not available for gog as far as I can tell unless I'm wrong.

Also regarding mods, perhaps they are outdated in a way that makes them still relate to some pre update game code thus screwing things up. This is actually very likely if the update basically just came out.
takezodunmer2005: On another note; anyone else having severe mouse issues with mods enabled? I verified/repaired my game and all worked fine until I re-enabled mods again!
B1tF1ghter: There are currently a lot of complaints on steam forums regarding weird mouse behaviour after an update.
To name a few (those are just random examples):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567725536/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567575154/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2270319347567241839/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2149848024141025048/
If you have ANY weird mouse behaviour it is recommended to alt tab out and then alt tab back to the game thou it doesn't work for a lot of people.

There allegedly is a fix in one of beta branches ON STEAM:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2149848024140952886/
But this is not available for gog as far as I can tell unless I'm wrong.

Also regarding mods, perhaps they are outdated in a way that makes them still relate to some pre update game code thus screwing things up. This is actually very likely if the update basically just came out.
Yeah, I rolled back the mech patch and am now in the process of reinstalling the update, let's hope that fixes it as I did get it to work before with the repair option, either way I only had a sky and anti magnetic ladder mod installed, of which I could live without until there's an update to fix the mouse issue!

BTW, The alt-tab doesn't work for me as it crashes the game, even with the mod folder/mod disabled txt file intact.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like my game is 100% unplayable until they come up with a quick fix...
EDIT2 Someone suggested playing it in border-less and it WORKS!
Post edited April 08, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
The amount of bugs in NMS is always staggering. I avoid major updates like these until at least three patches have come out. Can't remember how many times they broke the ability to earn glyphs from traveller graves, the quality control seems abysmal.

That said, this update looks decent but the major problems with NMS are the horrible main story and the lack of incentive to explore, everything is the same everywhere. The major promise of NMS, exploration, is still unfulfilled.
pbaggers: I'm impressed at how they turned this game around over the years. Maybe now I should finally buy it.
With so many updates and free additional content, this game definitely deserves to be bought IMHO. And heck the updates and extra content seem to come fine to the GOG version too, no hiccups like with many other games.

It just pains me that the first few user reviews you see on the GOG game page are from 2016, complaining about the early version of the game. Too bad. It appears this game has really come a long way since then.
pbaggers: I'm impressed at how they turned this game around over the years. Maybe now I should finally buy it.
timppu: With so many updates and free additional content, this game definitely deserves to be bought IMHO. And heck the updates and extra content seem to come fine to the GOG version too, no hiccups like with many other games.

It just pains me that the first few user reviews you see on the GOG game page are from 2016, complaining about the early version of the game. Too bad. It appears this game has really come a long way since then.
Precisely, these guys deserve a second change - they earned it long time ago, and I am saying that as somebody who was deeply disappointed by the release and everything that pertained with it.

The amount of content they added since the release is staggering and every single one of them was for free.

I also think newer reviews should have more visibility in case of this game + rating should be higher by now.
Dev Team if you read this post - I want to say - Do more optimization for No Mans Sky. My PC isn't The Best (FX 8350 + 16 Gb DDR3 1866 + GTX 960 4 Gb + SSD), but even with such configuration I can't play game on Medium settings!!! That's serious problem, because I understand that not all gamers have 2000$ PCs! I bought No Mans Sky about 3 months ago, but because of lack of FPS and gameplay issues I refunded game (it's a pity)...
There was a 14 MB bugfix.
LifeLover: Dev Team if you read this post - I want to say - Do more optimization for No Mans Sky. My PC isn't The Best (FX 8350 + 16 Gb DDR3 1866 + GTX 960 4 Gb + SSD), but even with such configuration I can't play game on Medium settings!!! That's serious problem, because I understand that not all gamers have 2000$ PCs! I bought No Mans Sky about 3 months ago, but because of lack of FPS and gameplay issues I refunded game (it's a pity)...
Hi,

No one lives forever indeed.

I have quite an old PC, compared to yours, and the game runs fine on high settings. Always has since release of the game to this day.

Maybe you need to update your drivers, maybe something else, but I think the problem is on your end friend.
Post edited April 08, 2020 by falloutttt
LifeLover: Dev Team if you read this post - I want to say - Do more optimization for No Mans Sky. My PC isn't The Best (FX 8350 + 16 Gb DDR3 1866 + GTX 960 4 Gb + SSD), but even with such configuration I can't play game on Medium settings!!! That's serious problem, because I understand that not all gamers have 2000$ PCs! I bought No Mans Sky about 3 months ago, but because of lack of FPS and gameplay issues I refunded game (it's a pity)...
That's quite a nice pc you got there ;) What's the clock speed of the cpu? Do you run it with stock wraith (in case you had that stock) cooler? It is actually quite great cpu and generally probably the best pre Ryzen cpu for gaming from AMD right now... It's definitely still a viable cpu for gaming so I'm kinda curious what might have caused this to not perform well because with your config this game SHOULD work just fine. Perhaps it was gpu (while not crap one you have, nvidia still has not so good performance on vulkan). And yes, nvidia drivers are a pain so perhaps that added to the problem.
It's a shame you refunded the game because if you would wait long enough perhaps people on forums could help you fix the cause :/ Nontheless it's your call so I'm not gonna judge.

falloutttt: I have quite an old PC, compared to yours, and the game runs fine on high settings. Always has since release of the game to this day.
What's your pc? I'm kinda curious :P So if I may ask then go ahead and post your spec :P
B1tF1ghter: That's quite a nice pc you got there ;) What's the clock speed of the cpu? Do you run it with stock wraith (in case you had that stock) cooler? It is actually quite great cpu and generally probably the best pre Ryzen cpu for gaming from AMD right now... It's definitely still a viable cpu for gaming so I'm kinda curious what might have caused this to not perform well because with your config this game SHOULD work just fine. Perhaps it was gpu (while not crap one you have, nvidia still has not so good performance on vulkan). And yes, nvidia drivers are a pain so perhaps that added to the problem.
It's a shame you refunded the game because if you would wait long enough perhaps people on forums could help you fix the cause :/ Nontheless it's your call so I'm not gonna judge.

falloutttt: I have quite an old PC, compared to yours, and the game runs fine on high settings. Always has since release of the game to this day.
B1tF1ghter: What's your pc? I'm kinda curious :P So if I may ask then go ahead and post your spec :P
Sure, here:

i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
8.00GB of RAM. :(
64-bit
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
falloutttt: Sure, here:

i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
64-bit
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
I hate intel and nvidia (for legitimate reasons and not "just because I can") and I avoid them but it is your choice so I'm not gonna judge ;)
I take it you use Windows? Which one? :P (my question is related to those 8 gigs of yours as various Windows versions were hungry in a different ways)

Yeah 8 gigs of ram is already not so much.
But I have bigger problem in that regard :P
I have 16 while I am about to do things that will use all of it and then some :P

My current system is:
AMD Ryzen 2700X at 3,7 Ghz (I have only 3 p-states enabled in efi, essentially it doesn't go lower than 2,2 Ghz) due to "not great" cooling (stock wraith cooler is GREAT but it is not perfect for the kind of temperature ranges I have in my room)
16 Gigs of ram (gskill, samsung e or d die, I don't know which one because typhoon burner is not clear on that) at 3000 Mhz (timings are ok but probably could be better) dual channel, single rank (I think? I would have to recheck to be sure)
RX 590 (8 gb, sapphire special edition, the blue one) no powertables tweaks, performance bios (it has dual bios)
disks:
500 GB Samsung Evo SATA ssd (2,5 form factor)
500 GB Crucial MX 500 SATA ssd (2,5 form factor)
2 TB Seagate Ironwolf (obviously bigger :P :P)
Asus bluray burner (I need it, don't remember which model at the moment)
Asrock X470 Taichi (not ultimate version, I had a choice and chose it like that for various reasons) with efi manually downgraded with afuefi to version 2
I disabled all RGB I could :D (cooler ring and gpu RGB would require dissasembly of both so I didn't do that)

32 gigs of SWAP (yes you read that right, and it DOES make sense in this deployment)

Fractal Design Meshify C blackout case (it is really small and it was a real pain to put some things into it) not the quitest but has pretty good airflow

Super Flower (not a plant name btw, it is a case of "lost in translation" - hint "flow") Leadex Gold II 750 W psu (one of THE best psu in term of ripple control, higher would generally be only ALL japaneese MADE and those cost a literal fortune and are very hard to get) - PSA for anybody coupling it with the above case - make yourself your life less painful and buy cable extensions as those cables are BARELY enough for this exact case (it was a HUGE pain to connect them and they are bent at barely safe angles)

And I am in the middle of deploying Arch Linux on it now :P (I ditched Windows entirely - I used it for most of my life, discovered tons of bugs that are STILL NOT PATCHES after years, I was supposed to switch to Arch Linux permanently but still keep Windows somewhere for "those few programs that refuse to work on wine right now" but then got sick of the MS bullshit*TM and just ditched it entirely).
My problem is that I intend (and HAVE TO really) run VMs on it and this amount of ram is not helping it (I am gonna really have to pull impossible tricks to make it fit).
I REALLY wish I would have no less than 32 gigs of ram in this and actually ECC (I kind of literally need it) but unfortunatelly I don't have money for this right now :/ (well if I could have whatever I want I would want something IBM Power or some other open source cpu design based hardware and I intend to go that way next time).
The case is air ducted btw (insulation tape on many places that are normally taking or exhaling air).

I know this setup is weird but I'm highly technical IT and had very specific needs (also when I was buying these Ryzen 3 wasn't particularly ready yet).

Sorry for this lenghty off topic post :P Please don't downvote me for it :P
falloutttt: Sure, here:

i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
64-bit
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
B1tF1ghter: I hate intel and nvidia (for legitimate reasons and not "just because I can") and I avoid them but it is your choice so I'm not gonna judge ;)
I take it you use Windows? Which one? :P (my question is related to those 8 gigs of yours as various Windows versions were hungry in a different ways)

Yeah 8 gigs of ram is already not so much.
But I have bigger problem in that regard :P
I have 16 while I am about to do things that will use all of it and then some :P

My current system is:
AMD Ryzen 2700X at 3,7 Ghz (I have only 3 p-states enabled in efi, essentially it doesn't go lower than 2,2 Ghz) due to "not great" cooling (stock wraith cooler is GREAT but it is not perfect for the kind of temperature ranges I have in my room)
16 Gigs of ram (gskill, samsung e or d die, I don't know which one because typhoon burner is not clear on that) at 3000 Mhz (timings are ok but probably could be better) dual channel, single rank (I think? I would have to recheck to be sure)
RX 590 (8 gb, sapphire special edition, the blue one) no powertables tweaks, performance bios (it has dual bios)
disks:
500 GB Samsung Evo SATA ssd (2,5 form factor)
500 GB Crucial MX 500 SATA ssd (2,5 form factor)
2 TB Seagate Ironwolf (obviously bigger :P :P)
Asus bluray burner (I need it, don't remember which model at the moment)
Asrock X470 Taichi (not ultimate version, I had a choice and chose it like that for various reasons) with efi manually downgraded with afuefi to version 2
I disabled all RGB I could :D (cooler ring and gpu RGB would require dissasembly of both so I didn't do that)

32 gigs of SWAP (yes you read that right, and it DOES make sense in this deployment)

Fractal Design Meshify C blackout case (it is really small and it was a real pain to put some things into it) not the quitest but has pretty good airflow

Super Flower (not a plant name btw, it is a case of "lost in translation" - hint "flow") Leadex Gold II 750 W psu (one of THE best psu in term of ripple control, higher would generally be only ALL japaneese MADE and those cost a literal fortune and are very hard to get) - PSA for anybody coupling it with the above case - make yourself your life less painful and buy cable extensions as those cables are BARELY enough for this exact case (it was a HUGE pain to connect them and they are bent at barely safe angles)

And I am in the middle of deploying Arch Linux on it now :P (I ditched Windows entirely - I used it for most of my life, discovered tons of bugs that are STILL NOT PATCHES after years, I was supposed to switch to Arch Linux permanently but still keep Windows somewhere for "those few programs that refuse to work on wine right now" but then got sick of the MS bullshit*TM and just ditched it entirely).
My problem is that I intend (and HAVE TO really) run VMs on it and this amount of ram is not helping it (I am gonna really have to pull impossible tricks to make it fit).
I REALLY wish I would have no less than 32 gigs of ram in this and actually ECC (I kind of literally need it) but unfortunatelly I don't have money for this right now :/ (well if I could have whatever I want I would want something IBM Power or some other open source cpu design based hardware and I intend to go that way next time).
The case is air ducted btw (insulation tape on many places that are normally taking or exhaling air).

I know this setup is weird but I'm highly technical IT and had very specific needs (also when I was buying these Ryzen 3 wasn't particularly ready yet).

Sorry for this lenghty off topic post :P Please don't downvote me for it :P
Oh, I'm not all that tech-savvy friend. I tend to simplify everything.

I use windows 8.1

I don't really need a super-computer, since I mostly play strategy games.

And some games like No Man's Sky and Verdun and Tannenberg. Which runs fine on me system.

Probably would be better to upgrade from 8GB to 16, but I'm too lazy for that. haha
falloutttt: Oh, I'm not all that tech-savvy friend. I tend to simplify everything.

I use windows 8.1
I suggest you don't upgrade to Windows 10 (preferably never) unless you absolutely have to (dx 12 is absolutely not worth it, this system is the worst of it's kind ever made, especially on technical side, even thou normal users tend to not see nor understand that).
For me Windows ended at 7 and it was the best one ever made on technical side.

falloutttt: I don't really need a super-computer, since I mostly play strategy games.
I understand.
Although 2 things:
1.That's a perfect irony as these tend to be computation heavy and some of them allow to eat up almost anything cpu wise and some of them are pretty good as cpu benchmarks :P
2.In the future things will only really use more threads so you will need more of them someday (like literaly older AMD cpus that have a lot of cores may in the future be better for gaming than most current competition) - I suggest AMD when you someday upgrade (well competition is and will be security flawed to impossible levels so if you ever need "more cores" for anything other than gaming then you will surely want to avoid loosing that performance because of security flaws).

falloutttt: Probably would be better to upgrade from 8GB to 16, but I'm too lazy for that. haha
Yeah, well, maybe put some good models up your wishlist and "gently" present them to your gift making candidates haha /s :P