It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you’re a sucker for incredible JRPGs, action-packed fighting games, immersive dungeon crawlers, arcade shooters or visual novels - we got you covered, with our NIS America Publisher Sale!

Here’s some of the deals:
Assault Spy (-80%)
Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (-75%)
Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory (-50%)
R-Type Final 2 (-50%)
Saviors of Sapphire Wings / Stranger of Sword City Revisited (-70%)
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (-80%)
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered (-80%)

…and more!

That’s not all though – you can now also get Ys X: Nordics! The narrative unfolds amidst the northern expanse of Obelia Bay, a picturesque region adorned with myriad islands, both large and small. Ys X: Nordics introduces an exciting tale set within this enchanting locale, centered around the daring exploits of the youthful adventurer, Adol Christin.

You can now also get:
Ys X: Nordics Launch Deluxe Edition
Ys X: Nordics Launch Ultimate Edition
Ys X: Nordics - Costume Pack
Ys X: Nordics - Sandras Pack
Ys X: Nordics - Attachment Pack
Ys X: Nordics - Starter Pack

NIS America Publisher Sale ends on November 8th, 6 PM UTC. Check it out!
This is the Ultimate Edition; no way you could get the real Artbook with the Deluxe.

The discount is already applied, because if someone would buy the standard edition and all the DLC separately, the Ultimate Edition would cost 170+ CHF. You know NIS... it can only go up even more. At least the sale may help getting some stuff more affordable now.

If there are 12 DLCs (13 downloads) the game is complete. The Deluxe got 4 DLC lesser, one of them the "missable" = full artbook. The standard version got 9 DLCs lesser with 3 missable including the full artbook.

There is simply the difference: GoG version is handling 2 soundtrack-files as 2 different DLCs, while on Steam the soundtrack is handled as one single DLC. Instead they added "the base game" as a DLC, which is hilarious. So i guess GOG used both soundtrack files as "separate DLCs" and added the Sandras Pack instead of the base game (which is critical, this is not a DLC).
Post edited 5 hours ago by Xeshra
Chacranajxy: You should probably break out Ys X as its own announcement - I saw the sale and didn't realize that Ys X had actually launched here, and I otherwise would've just ignored a post about a publisher sale.

As usual, there's launch DLC for the game, so... yeah, I wouldn't want to miss that little detail in case you're someone prone to OCD.
Don't worry, they can be manually added in so you won't have to worry about missing out. The DLC files act as unlockers, so they don't add anything to the game that isn't already there. The only thing we didn't get is the Chinese exclusive battle dress, which someone on Steam remodded back in. Steam stuff will work with GOG stuff, BTW. In fact, the full GOG version will work with the steam demo version save file. Also, my standard version came with the Sandras DLC.
Post edited 5 hours ago by TheGrimLord
Xeshra: This is the Ultimate Edition; no way you could get the real Artbook with the Deluxe.

The discount is already applied, because if someone would buy the standard edition and all the DLC separately, the Ultimate Edition would cost 170+ CHF. You know NIS... it can only go up even more. At least the sale may help getting some stuff more affordable now.

If there are 12 DLCs (13 downloads) the game is complete. The Deluxe got 4 DLC lesser, one of them the "missable" = full artbook. The standard version got 9 DLCs lesser with 3 missable including the full artbook.
You are right! I misspoke. It's the Ultimate Edition I bought. These names for these games, my man. lol Where's the super duper extra ultimate funky edition when you need it?
Chacranajxy: You should probably break out Ys X as its own announcement - I saw the sale and didn't realize that Ys X had actually launched here, and I otherwise would've just ignored a post about a publisher sale.

As usual, there's launch DLC for the game, so... yeah, I wouldn't want to miss that little detail in case you're someone prone to OCD.
TheGrimLord: Don't worry, they can be manually added in so you won't have to worry about missing out. The DLC files act as unlockers, so they don't add anything to the game that isn't already there. The only thing we didn't get is the Chinese exclusive battle dress, which someone on Steam remodded back in. Steam stuff will work with GOG stuff, BTW. In fact, the full GOG version will work with the steam demo version save file. Also, my standard version came with the Sandras DLC.
You did get that Sandras dlc? That's cool.
Post edited 5 hours ago by RizzoCuoco
As long as the DLC installer works offline, all fine so far. Apparently this is not the case for every game.

Yeah, many DLCs are just "content enabler of already available content". The publishers simply are becoming "creative" on how to charge more or how to make something appear more valuable.

Originally... the DLCs was here in order to provide addons at some later stage of the game. Which was actually the real name of DLC "addon". At some point they had in mind why not just to charge for unlocking content already available and call it "DLC"... this is the moment this rude DLC mentallity started and we basically have to pay DLC-fees in order to get a "full game".

However, at least those DLC "enablers" are working on a installer, this i consider critical. Some publishers are that creative, they even demand a Galaxy or Steamworks API in order to "unlock" a game, which is nothing different than a DRM.
Post edited 4 hours ago by Xeshra
Xeshra: This is the Ultimate Edition; no way you could get the real Artbook with the Deluxe.

RizzoCuoco: You are right! I misspoke. It's the Ultimate Edition I bought. These names for these games, my man. lol Where's the super duper extra ultimate funky edition when you need it?
TheGrimLord: Don't worry, they can be manually added in so you won't have to worry about missing out. The DLC files act as unlockers, so they don't add anything to the game that isn't already there. The only thing we didn't get is the Chinese exclusive battle dress, which someone on Steam remodded back in. Steam stuff will work with GOG stuff, BTW. In fact, the full GOG version will work with the steam demo version save file. Also, my standard version came with the Sandras DLC.
RizzoCuoco: You did get that Sandras dlc? That's cool.
Yep. Came with it. And then through trial and error everything else too, but I ain't talking about that, lol.
Post edited 5 hours ago by TheGrimLord
Feliz pelo anuncio, mas vou esperar estar num preço mais atrativo.

293,00 pro brasileirinho médio é muito salgado :(
Post edited 4 hours ago by erickvieiraa
NISA why do your titles on GOG not have regional pricing? they have on steam, wanted to buy day 1 here but ill have to wait for a discount or regional pricing

Yep. Came with it. And then through trial and error everything else too, but I ain't talking about that, lol.
Ahhhh.........wink, wink, extensionless.....things, wink.
Post edited 4 hours ago by RizzoCuoco
The EN GOG version surely is technically the best possible, but if someone want to play it in "maximum quality" it surely will hit even a modern PC like a truck. My GPU goes from 180-300 W in most cases, means it is between 40 and 60% load, in 1080P. In 4k it would be at full load. https://ibb.co/qjYs1Hm

I was playing the demo on my PS5 and somehow the colors did not have the same "brilliance", difficult to describe. The game does actually look good but, in order to get out some tech count here... on a basic graphics which is "Switch compatible" it need some serious hardware-magic. It seems Durante made it possible, but yeah... it is a demanding game after.

In comparison, YS Monstrum Nox is just "a walk in the park" on the current GPU, even at Lunatic-settings. However, back in the old days, using my 980 TI, it was as well demanding there.

Using the same settings, a PS5 would be at full load at 1080P and at 4k the PS5 Pro is the only console able to handle it. The Switch surely will have "reduced settings"; but in general, for every little of "more graphic oomph" it takes way more resources, so the difference is small but noticeable.
For comparison, the full soundtrack has 60 tracks if you get CDs from Falcom (about $25 plus whatever they charge for international shipping; last thead someone mentioned digital download options in Japan that I haven't looked into yet). The one you can get here has 8 tracks (according to another store that actually tells you it isn't the full soundtrack).

Also, if anyone remembers to come back and comment after playing a while I am curious how bad the blood situation is in this one. I'm not sure if it is Falcom or NISA but it seems to be getting worse over time and unlike early Ys games there seems to be no "no blood" option (based on the options screenshots on PC Gaming Wiki). There is blood in the trailer so it seems likely to be worse this time and unfortunately I may need to skip this one.
The soundtrack is just a sampler... it was always like that. I already demanded the FULL OST but somehow almost everyone felt i was kidding. Fore the price asked, i would expect the full OST. They will probably never learn it...

No clue regarding "blood".
Xeshra: The EN GOG version surely is technically the best possible, but if someone want to play it in "maximum quality" it surely will hit even a modern PC like a truck. My GPU goes from 180-300 W in most cases, means it is between 40 and 60% load, in 1080P. In 4k it would be at full load. https://ibb.co/qjYs1Hm

I was playing the demo on my PS5 and somehow the colors did not have the same "brilliance", difficult to describe. The game does actually look good but, in order to get out some tech count here... on a basic graphics which is "Switch compatible" it need some serious hardware-magic. It seems Durante made it possible, but yeah... it is a demanding game after.

In comparison, YS Monstrum Nox is just "a walk in the park" on the current GPU, even at Lunatic-settings. However, back in the old days, using my 980 TI, it was as well demanding there.

Using the same settings, a PS5 would be at full load at 1080P and at 4k the PS5 Pro is the only console able to handle it. The Switch surely will have "reduced settings"; but in general, for every little of "more graphic oomph" it takes way more resources, so the difference is small but noticeable.
Not doing that for me. I'm max settings at 1080p and the game isn't even stuttering. I mean hell, most of it so far has been talking. I haven't done much fighting. It's no worse than Cyberpunk on the load.

joveian: For comparison, the full soundtrack has 60 tracks if you get CDs from Falcom (about $25 plus whatever they charge for international shipping; last thead someone mentioned digital download options in Japan that I haven't looked into yet). The one you can get here has 8 tracks (according to another store that actually tells you it isn't the full soundtrack).

Also, if anyone remembers to come back and comment after playing a while I am curious how bad the blood situation is in this one. I'm not sure if it is Falcom or NISA but it seems to be getting worse over time and unlike early Ys games there seems to be no "no blood" option (based on the options screenshots on PC Gaming Wiki). There is blood in the trailer so it seems likely to be worse this time and unfortunately I may need to skip this one.
But things do bleed when you kill them. And scar - which is important to the story. You see, Karja throws her Axe and scars Jord's face. Because of this, she loses it and sends Ida after you. The game's definitely gonna have some blood. This ain't no Zelda. Also in 2024 I never would have believed in any form of the imagination that someone would complain about the blood in this game. Hell, almost everyone wants Stalker 2 and that's probably gonna be pretty bloody as well.
Post edited 3 hours ago by TheGrimLord
Ultra settings 1440p, 4x msaa turned into sgssaa, pcss shadows, 16 GB asset cache. Locked 100fps no stuttering on a 3090 paired with a 10900f

Or 8xmsaa into sgssaa at 75 fps locked
Post edited 3 hours ago by RizzoCuoco
Is a little annoying that not all the games in the Legend of Heroes or Y's are on sale due to the earlier games being released by a different publisher (Xseed).
Who said there is stuttering? The only thing which has been said is, that it is the most demanding Nihon Falcom game so far.
RizzoCuoco: Ultra settings 1440p, 4x msaa turned into sgssaa, pcss shadows, 16 GB asset cache. Locked 100fps no stuttering on a 3090 paired with a 10900f

Or 8xmsaa into sgssaa at 75 fps locked
You are not using the max settings...

However, not even me is using the max possible in 4k rendering. I use 1080P rendering but all other settings are maxed. if i use 4k rendering as well, then the GPU will need full load for being able to keep up around 60 FPS, which is above PS5 Pro performance.
Post edited 2 hours ago by Xeshra