It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Swedrami: So there might come a time where Blizzard opts to sell Legacy through GoG (and why wouldn't you when the first Diablo obviously sold exceptionally well) instead of further hosting, maintaining and supporting what essentially amounts to a redundancy.
I guess it's possible. The chances are not high, but I admit that it's possible. I presume however that in this case the game would be stripped off the online features. I'm not interested in playing this game online too much, but it would be a downside. D1 supports online play though, so who knows...
Post edited August 16, 2021 by Sarafan
Swedrami: So there might come a time where Blizzard opts to sell Legacy through GoG (and why wouldn't you when the first Diablo obviously sold exceptionally well) instead of further hosting, maintaining and supporting what essentially amounts to a redundancy.
Sarafan: I guess it's possible. The chances are not high, but I admit that it's possible. I presume however that in this case the game would be stripped off the online features. I'm not interested in playing this game online too much, but it would be a downside. D1 supports online play though, so who knows...
As far as online multiplayer functionality over Battle.net is concerned I guess this would be the case but there's still the alternative of connecting through TCP/IP (the very thing that Blizzard, over "security concerns" recently decided must be removed from Resurrected and therefore from the built-in version of Legacy as well).

In other words - a GoG re-release of Legacy Diablo 2 + LoD would very likely sell as much if not surpass sales of the Diablo + Hellfire digital re-release ALSO for the fact that standalone Legacy Diablo 2 + LoD has online multiplayer functionality via TCP/IP when the built-in Resurrected version of Legacy does not.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by Swedrami
Watched some people play the open Beta and it doesn't look good. It connects to Battle.Net when launching the game and I've even seen a person kicked from their single player game because they got a "Your connection has been interrupted" message.
idbeholdME: Watched some people play the open Beta and it doesn't look good. It connects to Battle.Net when launching the game and I've even seen a person kicked from their single player game because they got a "Your connection has been interrupted" message.
There are also reports that set items don't work correctly, names from one set suddenly change (item bug?) to another and set bonuses don't stuck.
Steamisbetter: There are also reports that set items don't work correctly, names from one set suddenly change (item bug?) to another and set bonuses don't stuck.
The final version will have bugs for sure. There's no game that's bug free on the release date. We don't know how serious they'll be and how long the game will be supported. I want to believe that Blizzard drew some conclusions from Warcraft 3 Reforged fiasco and we'll get a solid product this time.
low rated
I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which will probably disqualify the game for many of you. Anyway the game is great! It looks like Blizzard took seriously the lessons from Warcraft 3 Reforged.
high rated
Sarafan: I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which will probably disqualify the game for many of you. Anyway the game is great! It looks like Blizzard took seriously the lessons from Warcraft 3 Reforged.
It has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline.

But, but, but... It needs internet connection to connect to Battle.net when launching the game.

Amazing.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by arrua
high rated
Sarafan: No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which will probably disqualify the game for many of you.
I honestly don't see what is the point of splitting hairs like that. You don't need to be online to play, but you do need to be online to start playing. I mean, what good is an offline mode I can only access if I'm online to begin with?
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Breja
Sarafan: I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which will probably disqualify the game for many of you. Anyway the game is great! It looks like Blizzard took seriously the lessons from Warcraft 3 Reforged.
Must have been a beta specific thing then.

That is something at least but still, asking 40 dollars for a re-release is pretty bad. Not even EA jacked up the price that much with the C&C Remaster (which costs 20 full price).
the servers arent even working :O
except for streamers those are able to log in
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Orkhepaj
idbeholdME: That is something at least but still, asking 40 dollars for a re-release is pretty bad. Not even EA jacked up the price that much with the C&C Remaster (which costs 20 full price).
The game received a completely new engine with all of the assets prepared from scratch. These are more significant changes than those in C&C remaster. It's more of a remake than remaster IMHO. I agree that it's not cheap, but also the price isn't shockingly high. Mass Effect games underwent a more humble changes and their price is a lot higher (yes, I know that these are three games, but...).
Orkhepaj: the servers arent even working :O
except for streamers those are able to log in
I can log in without problems, though I can't create an online game. Only the offline mode is available currently, but it's a standard thing when Blizzard releases a new game. :)
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Sarafan
Sarafan: I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which...
...which means it's about as "offline" as Games For Windows Live...
Sarafan: I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, ...
And you don't see the contradiction here? Then explain to me: how do I connect to Battle.net servers while I am offline?
Sarafan: The game received a completely new engine with all of the assets prepared from scratch.
Yet it's still running all the same code of the old + gamepad support + the forced internet requirements.
Lifthrasil: And you don't see the contradiction here? Then explain to me: how do I connect to Battle.net servers while I am offline?
I never said it's a DRM-free game. I just wanted to let you know that there is an offline mode which is basically useful if there are problems with the servers (and only partially because the created character pools for online and offline modes are different).
Mr.Mumbles: Yet it's still running all the same code of the old + gamepad support + the forced internet requirements.
Yes, you can switch to the legacy mode on the fly. I believe it's emulated in the new engine.
AB2012: ...which means it's about as "offline" as Games For Windows Live...
It's not DRM-free, that's for sure, so if someone wants to play, he has to go for compromises.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Sarafan