It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dzsono: I just looked on the website - they have lots of outlets in Sydney. I assume it's fairly similar in other big cities.
fr33kSh0w2012: Yeah In Sydney NOT in bolton point in newcastle!
The nearest one to Bolton Point is:

Metro Petroleum Fennell Bay
283 Main Rd
2283 Fennell Bay
fr33kSh0w2012: Yeah In Sydney NOT in bolton point in newcastle!
Dzsono: The nearest one to Bolton Point is:

283 Main Rd
2283 Fennell Bay
Well I'll BE DAMNED I never Knew it existed! Oh well I Just use my Mastercard or Visa
Post edited January 25, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
Dzsono: The nearest one to Bolton Point is:

283 Main Rd
2283 Fennell Bay
fr33kSh0w2012: Well I'll BE DAMNED I never Knew it existed! Oh well I Just use my Mastercard or Visa
Really? I only bothered to look it up because I thought you wanted to use the Paysafe card 0_O
fr33kSh0w2012: Well I'll BE DAMNED I never Knew it existed! Oh well I Just use my Mastercard or Visa
Dzsono: Really? I only bothered to look it up because I thought you wanted to use the Paysafe card 0_O
It would Have been Nice to know BEFORE I got myself a DEBIT mastercard and a $1000 visa Credit Card But in a way it's good Because I get a Bank Statement Every month or so so I can Check what I spend!
Post edited January 25, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
Speaking of the paysafecard - firstly - does anyone know if its "working" again?
and secondly has anyone downloaded or updated to their new app? I just read in their newsletter that it is supposed to be pretty smashing with the whole "augmented reality 360 feature"...
I can't find Paysafe cards anywhere in my area. I checked the website linked in the first post of this thread. Of the ten given locations:

- 5 were different locations of the same chain, none knew Paysafe. I called all of them listed.
- 3 were the same business under different names
- 1 didn't know Paysafe
- 1 promised to call back, still waiting . . .

This saddens me because my bank charges me 50 cents for a 1.50 dollar purchase from GOG. I had hoped Paysafe might be a better experience, but so far it is an abominable failure for me.
:(
@Posipil : That is pretty messed up. I am from Europe and here the shop locatoe works perfect. Seems like PSC still needs to work a bit on their service in the US. Is it very common overthere? Or still on the rise?

@poppop5 : just took a look at the update, looks pretty cool!!
EmJayJay: I wonder when this will be fixed. At least in Finland you can't use Paysafecard because there is some kind of an error. I heard some other countries have problems as well.
Echo that. As a Finnish user I'm also interested in the current status of this problem and whether GOG team has made any progress in resolving it / finding the actual cause of the problem.
loenatik: @Posipil : That is pretty messed up. I am from Europe and here the shop locatoe works perfect. Seems like PSC still needs to work a bit on their service in the US. Is it very common overthere? Or still on the rise?
The fact is, I had never heard of Paysafecard until the recent change at GOG. I would not fault Paysafecard's location finder, but instead whomever is supposed to be representing them here. As far as I can tell, Paysafecard has no presence whatsoever in the US. Neither consumers nor merchants are aware of them, even though prepaid cards for Amazon and iTunes are available at most grocery and carryout stores in my area.

GOG is awesome for trying to improve customer experience worldwide. Sadly, this effort hasn't been effective in my case at least. Even with the stupid fees from the bank, GOG's low prices make the fees easy to absorb.
@Posipil have you tried contacting the paysafecard team - either via their HP or via their FB page?
I would ask them why this is the case because it technically shouldnt be an issue...
poppop5: @Posipil have you tried contacting the paysafecard team - either via their HP or via their FB page?
No, but I did provide feedback on every one of the locations using the provided form. Hope that will be enough to let them know there may be a problem.

I don't really need Paysafecard, but I had hoped it might be a way for me to avoid my bank's fees. Other folks may have better luck, and good for them.
i know that some platforms also ask a fee when paying with psc, so i am not sure if you get around that.
Nevertheless it was a good idea to inform them, will only help them to provide their services even better to people in the US. You sir, are a true gentleman ;)
loenatik: You sir, are a true gentleman ;)
And thanks to you and poppop5, my earliest experience in the GOG community forum has been receptive and kind. Here's hoping it stays that way, and long live GOG :)
Post edited February 07, 2014 by posipil
your very welcome!
@loenatik what platforms require a fee when paying with the paysafecard? Shouldnt the platforms actually be the ones that, if there is a fee, they take it upon themselves and not transfer it to the consumer? Probably only in an ideal world! ;)
When will this be fixed so I can use the PaySafeCard? Been nearly 6 months when it was broken and before it was taken down as payment option for finnish people at least and I bet they took it down from the other countries having these problems also. Come on. I have had the 50€ code sitting next to me for nearly 6 months and I would really wish I could use it before it starts to lose credit.