It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Someone in the Alpha Centauri subforum also posted a link to german and french language patches. Problem is that they are labeled for SMAX, the expansion. Maybe someone give it a try with the gog version and post the result here:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/sid_meier_s_alpha_centauri_/multilanguage_installer/post3
McGloomy: The newly released "Broken Sword II: Remastered" comes with five language options including voice acting in different languages:
Ginnungagapp: Dungeon Keeper French Patch with Voices
sentek: Dungeon Keeper german voice & text
Awesome, these are now added. Broken Sword 2 is also added to the GOGmix.

Thanks for the link, at least an Italian translation seems to have been added since then.

... now to figure out if I should file this under "S" for Sid Meier or "A" for Alpha Centauri. I'll do the latter for now, complain if it doesn't suit you.
Post edited June 16, 2011 by Miaghstir
Miaghstir: Thanks for the link, at least an Italian translation seems to have been added since then.

... now to figure out if I should file this under "S" for Sid Meier or "A" for Alpha Centauri. I'll do the latter for now, complain if it doesn't suit you.
You're the boss, so nothing to complain ;-)
Divine Divinity Full french translation patch (text+voice)

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/divine_divinity_series/divine_divinity_full_french_patch
Hey there!

Here are the official Language Files ( Text Only ) for Lionheart :

German
Italian
French
Spanish

Simply copy the included "Local.txt" File to your game Directory.

Greets,

Spellbreaker
Post edited June 20, 2011 by Spellbreaker1979
Update: I replaced "Third-party patch" and "Official translation" with "Translation patch", as I realised there are several I don't know the original source of, it doesn't actually matter much as far as this list is concerned, and I don't like giving the false impression that it's third-party when in fact it may be an official translation or vice versa (if you want to know for whatever reason, contact the contributor).

Tehnloss: Divine Divinity Full french translation patch (text+voice)
Spellbreaker1979: Here are the official Language Files ( Text Only ) for Lionheart :
Thanks, both of you.
Spellbreaker1979: I didn't include that Italian file as it's the same one I already linked (except yours is not a self-expanding archive).
Ah cool. I just added it, because I thought it was not official ;)
I'm sure i'm not the first one to ask, but i have found no official reply or official thread that adresses this issue:

Why doesn't the product info show anymore the available languages for the games? It used to be the case until maybe a few months ago.

It's really disappointing, and unless i thought about searching the forums, i would have just thought all other languages except english had been removed for all the games. :(
And yet i'm fluent in english but i gift games to others that aren't.

Bonus: will you be able to negociate the french versions of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall?

I really hope I can get a real answer to this.

Thanks.

ps: i'm amazed at the collection of language patches the community has managed to create, congrats on that, community :)
Post edited July 02, 2011 by vanlock
vanlock: Why doesn't the product info show anymore the available languages for the games? It used to be the case until maybe a few months ago.
Heh, you're right, I didn't notice (probably because I personally don't need anything more than English, and all games here have at least that). I wonder what the reasoning behing that decision was.
vanlock: Why doesn't the product info show anymore the available languages for the games? It used to be the case until maybe a few months ago.
You're right, I remember at last the Syberia games showing more supported languages in that field. Maybe they got some support questions about different languages and wanted to show that they really only support the english version.
DukeNukemForever: that they really only support the english version.
Despite having a language choice in the installer? Or maybe that's gone too? I should download again and recheck.

EDIT: No, at least Syberia 2 contains the choice in the installer.
Post edited July 02, 2011 by Miaghstir
DukeNukemForever: that they really only support the english version.
Miaghstir: Despite having a language choice in the installer? Or maybe that's gone too? I should download again and recheck.

EDIT: No, at least Syberia 2 contains the choice in the installer.
Good to know, I guess it's too much work to remove all the language files ;-)
DukeNukemForever: Good to know, I guess it's too much work to remove all the language files ;-)
I wonder why it's a choice at install time rather than a settings application run afterwards though. Sure, the installer is probably an easier place for most, but installing all languages and allowing the user to switch later would make it possible to switch without having to reinstall (but maybe I'm just weird in that way).
Post edited July 02, 2011 by Miaghstir
Miaghstir: I wonder why it's a choice at install time rather than a settings application run afterwards though. Sure, the installer is probably an easier place for most, but installing all languages and allowing the user to switch later would make it possible to switch without having to reinstall (but maybe I'm just weird in that way).
No, your're not weird. It would be nice to have the option to install multiple languages and have the option to switch ingame. I prefer to play story-driven games in my native language (easier to follow), but also enjoy to listen sometimes to the original language. The best solution for me is a mixed install, text in native and voice in original language (mostly english).

The option that you don't need to install all languages is of course also nice, less disc space is needed and a faster installation.

My guess: They used the structure of the CD release. Talking about Syberia hard discs were at the original release time much smaller, the option to install all languages was just an overkill.
Post edited July 02, 2011 by DukeNukemForever
The reason for choosing language before downloading is certainly because of cd structures, but also a lot because of the bandwidth it saves gog.

Anyway, i wish the additionnal languages could be seen by a mouse hover on the product page details for example.