It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The premiere of the new film directed by Simon McQuoid gives us the awesome chance to take a closer look at the cult fighting game developed by Midway in 1992.

It was then that Mortal Kombat gifted us with the ability to take part in a bloody tournament, where the prize wasn’t money or fame - it was saving the world!

Did you know?
· Although Mortal Kombat became a cult classic that spawned numerous sequels and adaptations, its beginnings were quite humble. The game’s original development team consisted of… 4 people. Even with only 4 people, they were able to create the game in 10 months!
· The game’s original concept was to create a title starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. Knowing that, it should be no surprise that the Johnny Cage character bares a striking resemblance to the famous Belgian, and even performs his famous nut-cracking blow from Bloodsport.
· There are a number of stories explaining why Mortal Kombat is spelled with a “K” instead of “C”. Ed Boon, one of the game’s main creators, claims that the title was invented by accident, during one of the creative brainstorms.

The Adaptations
Mortal Kombat was one of the first video games to become a multimedia franchise and its film adaptation from 1995 (directed by Paul W. S. Anderson) garnered praise among fans. Now, the new Mortal Kombat film that premieres today, will have large boots to fill.

Check out the differences between the new trailer and the original trailer for the 1995 film here:
Paratech2008: Is it bad I wish that the Mortal Kombat Kollection on Steam was on GOG minus the DRM?
Not at all. Arcade Kollection, 9 Komplete Edition, and XL would have been instant buys for me.

But taking a look at Steam, XL and 11 are the only ones still for sale?

What the hell is going on here?
djdarko: But taking a look at Steam, XL and 11 are the only ones still for sale?
Propably something with expired licenses (like music, etc.) or they want simply, that people don't buy and play the old versions, but rather the new ones.
Paratech2008: Is it bad I wish that the Mortal Kombat Kollection on Steam was on GOG minus the DRM?
djdarko: Not at all. Arcade Kollection, 9 Komplete Edition, and XL would have been instant buys for me.

But taking a look at Steam, XL and 11 are the only ones still for sale?

The license to use Freddy Kreuger expired that is the main reason for the de listing, they either need to re new the license for the character or remove the character from the game to re-release it.
high rated
Remove the geo-lock on Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 for Germany since they all have been removed from the German Index since some time. We're talking about games that should have been made available since August 2020. Why has this still not happened 'til this day?
Post edited April 24, 2021 by Berzerk2k2
wolfsite: The license to use Freddy Kreuger expired that is the main reason for the de listing, they either need to re new the license for the character or remove the character from the game to re-release it.
Oh, I forgot 9 had those licensed horror movie characters. Damn, hopefully they just renew the license. That would be the perfect time to release it here too. (Wishful thinking, I know.)
Post edited April 25, 2021 by djdarko
wolfsite: Another great way to celebrate the new Mortal Kombat film would be to release more Mortal Kombat games here...... just saying :)
such as Mortla Kombat 9 or the arcade versions of the older ones :>
Berzerk2k2: Remove the geo-lock on Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 for Germany since they all have been removed from the German Index since some time. We're talking about games that should have been made available since August 2020. Why has this still not happened 'til this day?
"Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" is still indexed. And GOG seems tto make sure, not to delete the region lock until THAT version is delisted too.

And since that game still has some time to remain on the list... do the math.
Anime-BlackWolf: "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" is still indexed. And GOG seems tto make sure, not to delete the region lock until THAT version is delisted too.

And since that game still has some time to remain on the list... do the math.
That's a completely different version of MK3 and also that version is not part of the Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 package that is sold here on GOG. Both versions also where put on the German Index at completely different times so it's not important if one version is still listed there. Mortal Kombat 3 (not Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3) was delisted in August 2020 and therefore the package available here should not have a geo-lock anymore.

https://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=16290
And GOG DOES NOT CARE. They only see another part 3 listed on the Index and that's IT.

So not until "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" is delisted NOTHING will happen. If we are lucky.

If we are UNLUCKY they will argue, that "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" has great parts of "Mortal Kombat 3" in it and will again wait until "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" is delisted, too.

You can count on something like that. Grab a VPN an buy it that way. Far less trouble than thinking about buerocracy.
Post edited April 26, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
Anime-BlackWolf: And GOG DOES NOT CARE. They only see another part 3 listed on the Index and that's IT.

So not until "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" is delisted NOTHING will happen. If we are lucky.

If we are UNLUCKY they will argue, that "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" has great parts of "Mortal Kombat 3" in it and will again wait until "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" is delisted, too.

You can count on something like that. Grab a VPN an buy it that way. Far less trouble than thinking about buerocracy.
Shouldn‘t the cookie „trick“ still work? Changing your location at least makes you able to see the game page and add it to your shopping cart.
wolfsite: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition may be a while as it is not available anywhere (even on Steam) due to rights issues (Freddy Krueger DLC character) they would need to either re-new the license to use the character or remove the character from the game.
I see. So not only are guest characters a stupid idea, but they also bring a separate hell with licensing. Way to go.... Still have the game on Steam (from a retail box) but knowing that the chances of it getting re-released and DRM free are pretty much non-existent, I am seriously tempted to just go pirate the game right now and be done with it.
The movie is shit and GOG hasn't secured any new MK games, what was the point of this thread GOG?

Your half-assed attempts to engage the fans are pathetic and aren't making the fact you lied to our faces any easier to take.
Post edited April 26, 2021 by ReynardFox
wolfsite: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition may be a while as it is not available anywhere (even on Steam) due to rights issues (Freddy Krueger DLC character) they would need to either re-new the license to use the character or remove the character from the game.
idbeholdME: I see. So not only are guest characters a stupid idea, but they also bring a separate hell with licensing. Way to go.... Still have the game on Steam (from a retail box) but knowing that the chances of it getting re-released and DRM free are pretty much non-existent, I am seriously tempted to just go pirate the game right now and be done with it.
MK X and 11 will be even harder due to multiple licenses to deal with because of all the guest characters, the only character that will be easy to maintain the license to is The Joker since DC Comics is also owned by Warner Bros./Time Warner.

However Guest characters are popular, people are still hoping that Ash Williams from the Evil Dead Series will appear in MK11.
I want the new Mortal Kombat games here. I want any and all Mortal Kombat games here. Cut the licensed characters if need be; or better yet, make deals...wasn't the point of the Galaxy-pushing and partnership with Epic including selling of DRMed games via the app to "expand the audience"? Surely since everyone on Earth, besides us "niche vocal minority" offline installer users, have demanded GOG.com be a side attraction compared to "the mother of all clients" GOG Galaxy 2.0, you guys must have the money by now from the expanded audience to just pay the licensing fees, right?
idbeholdME: I see. So not only are guest characters a stupid idea, but they also bring a separate hell with licensing. Way to go.... Still have the game on Steam (from a retail box) but knowing that the chances of it getting re-released and DRM free are pretty much non-existent, I am seriously tempted to just go pirate the game right now and be done with it.
wolfsite: MK X and 11 will be even harder due to multiple licenses to deal with because of all the guest characters, the only character that will be easy to maintain the license to is The Joker since DC Comics is also owned by Warner Bros./Time Warner.
I don't think it will be harder and I don't think other characters are at the risk of being removed from the games. The thing is, WB owned the rights to Freddy at the time of making MK9 (so no licencing was required) and lost them unexpectedly in 2019. I would expect that licenced characters in other games would have a "no expiration" clause somewhere in the deals.