It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The premiere of the new film directed by Simon McQuoid gives us the awesome chance to take a closer look at the cult fighting game developed by Midway in 1992.

It was then that Mortal Kombat gifted us with the ability to take part in a bloody tournament, where the prize wasn’t money or fame - it was saving the world!

Did you know?
· Although Mortal Kombat became a cult classic that spawned numerous sequels and adaptations, its beginnings were quite humble. The game’s original development team consisted of… 4 people. Even with only 4 people, they were able to create the game in 10 months!
· The game’s original concept was to create a title starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. Knowing that, it should be no surprise that the Johnny Cage character bares a striking resemblance to the famous Belgian, and even performs his famous nut-cracking blow from Bloodsport.
· There are a number of stories explaining why Mortal Kombat is spelled with a “K” instead of “C”. Ed Boon, one of the game’s main creators, claims that the title was invented by accident, during one of the creative brainstorms.

The Adaptations
Mortal Kombat was one of the first video games to become a multimedia franchise and its film adaptation from 1995 (directed by Paul W. S. Anderson) garnered praise among fans. Now, the new Mortal Kombat film that premieres today, will have large boots to fill.

Check out the differences between the new trailer and the original trailer for the 1995 film here:
wolfsite: Another great way to celebrate the new Mortal Kombat film would be to release more Mortal Kombat games here...... just saying :)
+1

I already bought all MK games here on GOG.
to be fair, "AAA" publishers will never care that much about GOG because like 5% of sales compared to Steam and DRM-free, so even if GOG wanted to bring a new MK game here around the time of the movie release, WB probably didn't want to bother (especially if GOG insisted on functional multiplayer). though I guess the MK Trilogy should have been an easy bring in theory, unless technical issues.
tfishell: to be fair, "AAA" publishers will never care that much about GOG because like 5% of sales compared to Steam and DRM-free, so even if GOG wanted to bring a new MK game here around the time of the movie release, WB probably didn't want to bother (especially if GOG insisted on functional multiplayer). though I guess the MK Trilogy should have been an easy bring in theory, unless technical issues.
Then why post this when it's just words words words and no games?
MK Trilogy, KE, XL, 11 when?
Another missed opportunity. It would have been better to release something of the missing parts in the series here in time for the movie's release.
Loger13: MK Trilogy, KE, XL, 11 when?
Another missed opportunity. It would have been better to release something of the missing parts in the series here in time for the movie's release.
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition may be a while as it is not available anywhere (even on Steam) due to rights issues (Freddy Krueger DLC character) they would need to either re-new the license to use the character or remove the character from the game.
Crosmando: Then why post this when it's just words words words and no games?
To capitalize on the movie release.

edit: I don't know why the words don't mention that the MK games we do have here are on sale though
Post edited April 23, 2021 by tfishell
I agree, they could have at least release the Mortal Kombat Trilogy DOS version ...

@TheBigCore: I don't agree with you. These games are much better than the versions for SEGA Megadrive/Genesis and SNES.

And not to speak of the MS-DOS CD version of Mortal Kombat 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGT051s70M

It is the best port of the original arcade version.
None of the console ports come even close. Not to mention, the DOS version has the biggest resolution (640 x 480 pixels), best sound and digital music and also the mostu fluid animation.
Post edited April 23, 2021 by OP_2021
Loger13: MK Trilogy, KE, XL, 11 when?
wolfsite: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition may be a while as it is not available anywhere (even on Steam) due to rights issues (Freddy Krueger DLC character) they would need to either re-new the license to use the character or remove the character from the game.
I know situation, but I'm sure cutting the bonus character (Freddy) out of the game is technically much easier than making a DRM-Free build for GOG. Even if NetherRealm Studios doesn't want to take the time to do it, the GOG tech team has been handling more difficult tasks. That's the level of basic modders, after all.
That said, the game will be here, and won't be in other stores - the GOG could benefit from that.
For people who may have missed this interview "An Interview With the Guy Who Yells “Mortal Kombat” in the Theme for Mortal Kombat" :
https://slate.com/culture/2021/04/mortal-kombat-movie-theme-immortals-techno-syndrome-interview.html
I found it funny and interesting :)
Is it bad I wish that the Mortal Kombat Kollection on Steam was on GOG minus the DRM?
Funny thing is the most iconic song is not even came from the game.
Paratech2008: Is it bad I wish that the Mortal Kombat Kollection on Steam was on GOG minus the DRM?
No its perfectly logical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuRAq-9USVc

=))))
Yes, I can see it in my mind: GOG releases Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection without DRM but also online multiplayer, achievements, leaderboards etc. And the CRY sore to the sky: we are 2nd rate consumers, it must have all features, why GOG won't make some Galaxy server for online play. Ohh and it should by CHEAPER! I WON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM GOG, NETHEREALM AND WB UNTIL THEN!!11!
NewPyk: Yes, I can see it in my mind: GOG releases Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection without DRM but also online multiplayer, achievements, leaderboards etc. And the CRY sore to the sky: we are 2nd rate consumers, it must have all features, why GOG won't make some Galaxy server for online play. Ohh and it should by CHEAPER! I WON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM GOG, NETHEREALM AND WB UNTIL THEN!!11!
I don't have really high hopes for any of the newer Mortal Kombat games to come here. Not in this decade ;)

Because these games PC version is too dependent on Steam services.