It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JakobFel: Once again, Bethesda's largely ignoring us GOG users in favor of Steam.
Themken: ??? Those two games are free on GOG as well. Anyone with an account may download them.
I meant that in the sense that the Bethesda site link automatically directs users to the Steam version rather than giving us a choice in where we download it.
JakobFel: Once again, Bethesda's largely ignoring us GOG users in favor of Steam.
Themken: ??? Those two games are free on GOG as well. Anyone with an account may download them.

Have a look here in case you have missed this list for five years: https://www.gog.com/en/partner/free_games
The list is linked on the front page.
Differences between the Steam and GOG versions of Arena and Daggerfall, from what I've read:
* Arena: The Steam version is the version released on floppy disks (I believe it's the final floppy version). The GOG version is the CD-ROM version, which has voices that weren't in the floppy version. (I think it might have a potentially game-breaking bug that's triggered by collecting the same main quest item more than once, so don't do that unless you're doing a glitched speedrun.)
* Daggerfall: The Steam version is the original 1.0 release. The GOG version is patched to the 2.13 release; note that it's missing some of the bugs present in 1.0. (Worth noting that Daggerfall is notoriously buggy.)

Have a look here in case you have missed this list for five years: https://www.gog.com/en/partner/free_games
dtgreene: Differences between the Steam and GOG versions of Arena and Daggerfall, from what I've read:
* Arena: The Steam version is the version released on floppy disks (I believe it's the final floppy version). The GOG version is the CD-ROM version, which has voices that weren't in the floppy version. (I think it might have a potentially game-breaking bug that's triggered by collecting the same main quest item more than once, so don't do that unless you're doing a glitched speedrun.)
* Daggerfall: The Steam version is the original 1.0 release. The GOG version is patched to the 2.13 release; note that it's missing some of the bugs present in 1.0. (Worth noting that Daggerfall is notoriously buggy.)
Funny how the versions originally on Bethesda's site are the ones on Steam, yet they still route people to the Steam version instead of the superior version tat's on GOG.
low rated
neumi5694: No need to apologize. Btw, the sites forwards to the Steam pages now anyway.

It's still a free however.
Well, before they decided to scrap their launcher they would not link to Steam but give you the games on their own platform.
And yes, they made the decision to focus on Steam from now on.
Once in a while they throw us a bone here on GOG, but I doubt that we will ever see the Doom games here, not even the one from 2016. The Quake Remake might make it at some point.
low rated
neumi5694: Well, before they decided to scrap their launcher they would not link to Steam but give you the games on their own platform.
And yes, they made the decision to focus on Steam from now on.
Once in a while they throw us a bone here on GOG, but I doubt that we will ever see the Doom games here, not even the one from 2016. The Quake Remake might make it at some point.
Yeah, I mean, I'm glad they ported things over to Steam as I like having all of my Bethesda games in one library like that. However, I would absolutely prefer having my Bethesda library be completely DRM-free which is why I've slowly been building a duplicate set here by re-buying those games here during sales. It's just a shame most of it will probably never be ported over here.
high rated
Thanks for all the prior discussion. Will appreciate those discussions to be moved elsewhere to keep on-topic.

Looks like Arena and Daggerfall are permanently free! So that's great :) WIll be adding to the permanent list.
low rated

dtgreene: Differences between the Steam and GOG versions of Arena and Daggerfall, from what I've read:
Might it be worth getting even if I got the version that they had on their website years ago? I'm not sure what version that was. I installed it on my old computer and don't feel like booting it to find out. Win10 didn't even exist when I downloaded them.
BTW, what's the easiest way to identify which version?
low rated
slickrcbd: Might it be worth getting even if I got the version that they had on their website years ago? I'm not sure what version that was. I installed it on my old computer and don't feel like booting it to find out. Win10 didn't even exist when I downloaded them.
BTW, what's the easiest way to identify which version?
I don't know if there's a way to check the version directly, but you can check something that differs between versions.

Arena: Start a new game, and listen to the dialog at the start. If you hear speech during the cutscene, you're playing the CD-ROM version; if not, you're playing the floppy version.

Daggerfall: Start a new game, then once you gain control, press F11. On a fully patched version, this will warp you to the dungeon exit (this does allow you to skip the tutorial); on 1.0 this will do nothing. (This feature was added because of complaints about players falling out of bounds and not being able to get back in bounds.)

The versions they had on their website are the ones apparently found on steam, except that the version of Daggerfall came with the patch, except that the patch was not installed by default; instead, you had to run a separate executable included with the game..
low rated
JakobFel: I meant that in the sense that the Bethesda site link automatically directs users to the Steam version rather than giving us a choice in where we download it.
Linking to a site does not preclude people from having the choice to choose where to download their games. This trite is a flawed argument. It's merely restricting the ability to inform them of other choices, not precluding them of the choice. The major point with the fact they linked to Steam was for Steam users to get the games they owned on their site for years to transfer it to their Steam library. That is it.

A subsequential benefit of it now being on Steam is that someone could have told the powers that be at Bethesda that GOG Connect exists so that people using both platforms have the games in their respective versions. Fret not.
Post edited May 31, 2022 by TurdFerguson87
high rated
JakobFel: I meant that in the sense that the Bethesda site link automatically directs users to the Steam version rather than giving us a choice in where we download it.
TurdFerguson87: Linking to a site does not preclude people from having the choice to choose where to download their games. This trite is a flawed argument. It's merely restricting the ability to inform them of other choices, not precluding them of the choice. The major point with the fact they linked to Steam was for Steam users to get the games they owned on ttheir site for years to transfer it to their Steam library. That is it.

A subsequential benefit of it now being on Steam is that someone could have told the powers that be at Bethesda that GOG Connect exists so that people using both platforms have the games in their respective versions. Fret not.
Hi all, may I request for the discussion to be made in another thread? So as to keep on topic. Thanks!
high rated
Free Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is included in Warhammer Skulls 2022 - Digital Goodie Pack giveaway.

https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate
https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack
Post edited June 01, 2022 by Lexor
Lexor: Free Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is included in Warhammer Skulls 2022 - Digital Goodie Pack giveaway.

https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate
https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack
free from June 1, 2022 until June 8, 2022.
Thanks guys! Away on holiday at the moment. Will update when I get back!

There's also a preorder bonus for Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobe. Free Destroy all Humans Clone Carnage till August 30th 2022

https://www.gog.com/en/news/preorder_destroy_all_humans_2_reprobed
high rated
Sanitarium Giveaway as part of 2022 Summer Sale from the 6th to 8th of June 2022. Go go go!
low rated
Startrail: Sanitarium Giveaway as part of 2022 Summer Sale from the 6th to 8th of June 2022. Go go go!
epic games are giving away free copys of maneater you only have until jun 16 at 4pm to claim your free copy