It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cause there's no business like show-business!

Our DRM-Free approach to digital distribution has been the foundation of GOG.com since day one and we're convinced it is now firmly rooted in the gaming industry landscape. More and more users start to expect and demand the digital content they paid for to be free from any kind of restrictive mechanisms that limit access to their collections and get in the way of enjoyment. We think this is a good time to take the next step in our quest to make digital entertainment better for everyone. Today we set out to spread our DRM-Free ideas across the movie industry! That's right: GOG.com now offers DRM-Free movies.

Our goal is to offer you cinema classics as well as some all-time favorite TV series with no DRM whatsoever, for you to download and keep on your hard drive or stream online whenever you feel like it. We talked to most of the big players in the movie industry and we often got a similar answer: "We love your ideas, but … we do not want to be the first ones. We will gladly follow, but until somebody else does it first, we do not want to take the risk". DRM-Free distribution is not a concept their lawyers would accept without hesitation. We kind of felt that would be the case and that it's gonna take patience and time to do it, to do it, to do it right. That's quite a journey ahead of us, but every gamer knows very well that great adventures start with one small step. So why not start with something that feels very familiar? We offer you a number of gaming and internet culture documentaries - all of them DRM-Free, very reasonably priced, and presenting some fascinating insight into topics close to a gamer's heart. Now, what do we have in store for you?

- There's a whole new Movie Catalog for you to browse!
- All the movies we sell are priced at $5.99 (that's a launch promo price for a few of them), and we aim to have that as the main price point for most of our future releases
- Two of the movies - The Art of Playing and TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard are available for FREE, so that you can test our new movie distribution features
- Most of our movies are in Full HD 1080p quality, some in 720p. With those of you with limited bandwidth or download quota in mind, we also supply much lighter 576p versions.
- Apart from downloading your movies you have the option to watch them streaming online, right here on GOG.com
- GOG.com is famous for its bonus goodies - each movie will come with as many of them as we can muster
- You can expect subsequent movie releases each week

That's it. GOG.com Movies is a go, time to get some popcorn!
NessAndSonic: Is it all right to request animated series? I noticed it says not to request series in the title box, but I am interested in some old cartoon shows from the 1990s.
I believe that's mostly "don't request movie series" similar to "don't request game series", TV series is likely another matter as separate episodes are often less standalone than movies are.

[url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/warcraft_1_and_2_expansions]that [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/mechwarrior_2_3_or_4]in [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/homeworld_series]respect "[url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/civilization_1_2]don't [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/eye_of_the_beholder_trilogy]series" "[url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/elder_scrolls_arena_daggerfall_redguard_battlespire]don't [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/fable_1_2_3]duplicate " [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/all_the_original_ssi_dungeons_and_dragons_games]statements...
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Maighstir
How am I supposed to enjoy a movie when they speak a language I don't and there are no subtitles at all? Give us at least english.
Vote for these TV series:

Adventure Time (Pendleton Ward, 2010)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, 2013)
Angel (Joss Whedon & David Greenwalt, 1999)
Archer (Adam Reed, 2009)
Arrested Development (Mitchell Hurwitz, 2003)
Ashes To Ashes (Matthew Graham & Ashley Pharoah, 2008)
Banshee (Jonathan Tropper & David Schickler, 2013)
Boardwalk Empire (Terence Winter, 2010)
Breaking Bad (Vince Gilligan, 2008)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Daniel J. Goor & Michael Schur, 2013)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Joss Whedon, 1997)
Community (Dan Harmon, 2009)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry David, 1999)
Dead Like Me (Bryan Fuller, 2003)
Deadwood (David Milch, 2004)
Dollhouse (Joss Whedon, 2009)
Fargo (Noah Hawley, 2014)
Firefly (Joss Whedon & Tim Minear, 2002)
Flight Of The Conchords (Jemaine Clement, Bret McKenzie & James Bobin, 2007)
Freaks And Geeks (Judd Apatow & Paul Feig, 1999)
Fresh Meat (Jesse Armstrong & Sam Bain, 2011)
Game Of Thrones (David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, 2011)
The Guild (Felicia Day, 2007)
Hannibal (Bryan Fuller, 2013)
Justified (Graham Yost & Elmore Leonard, 2010)
Life On Mars (Matthew Graham, Tony Jordan & Ashley Pharoah, 2006)
Mad Men (Matthew Weiner, 2007)
The Middleman (Javier Grillo-Marxuach, 2008)
Misfits (Howard Overman, 2009)
Orphan Black (John Fawcett & Graeme Manson, 2013)
Peep Show (Jesse Armstrong, Sam Bain & Andrew O'Connor, 2003)
Profit (David Greenwalt & John McNamara, 1996)
Pushing Daisies (Bryan Fuller, 2007)
Rectify (Ray McKinnon, 2013)
Rick And Morty (Dan Harmon & Justin Roiland, 2013)
Rome (Bruno Heller, John Milius & William J. MacDonald, 2005)
Shameless (John Wells, 2011)
Sherlock (Steven Moffat & Mark Gatiss, 2010)
The Shield (Shawn Ryan, 2002)
Silicon Valley (Mike Judge, 2014)
Six Feet Under (Alan Ball, 2001)
Sons Of Anarchy (Kurt Sutter, 2008)
The Sopranos (David Chase, 1999)
Spaced (Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Jessica Hynes, 1999)
Suits (Aaron Korsh, 2011)
Supernatural (Eric Kripke, 2005)
Terriers (Ted Griffin, Shawn Ryan & Tim Minear, 2010)
Trailer Park Boys (Mike Clattenburg, 2001)
True Detective (Nic Pizzolatto, 2014)
Twin Peaks (Mark Frost & David Lynch, 1990)
[url=Undeclared (http://www.gog.com/wishlist/movies/undeclared_judd_apatow_2001_tv_series)]Undeclared (Judd Apatow, 2001)[/url]
United States Of Tara (Diablo Cody, 2009)
The Venture Bros. (Christopher McCulloch & Doc Hammer, 2003)
Veronica Mars (Rob Thomas, 2004)
Vikings (Michael Hirst, 2013)
The Walking Dead (Frank Darabont, 2010)
The West Wing (Aaron Sorkin & Thomas Schlamme, 1999)
The Wire (David Simon, 2002)
Wonderfalls (Bryan Fuller, Todd Holland & Tim Minear, 2004)
The X-Files (Chris Carter, 1993)
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Barry_Woodward
cyberkiller: I see everything you have is in h264. It would be nice to get at least 1 option in xvid/mp3 in dvd size, so I wouldn't need to convert manually for my dvd/divx player.
shmerl: I'd actually prefer WebM rather than another proprietary format.
WebM would be awesome too, but xvid (and dvd-video & videocd) is all that my stationary media player supports.
I vote for the AOS series and Firefly. Fargo is too weird....
Barry_Woodward: Vote for these TV series:
ThunderCats (original 1980s TV series)
Kemez: How am I supposed to enjoy a movie when they speak a language I don't and there are no subtitles at all? Give us at least english.
Totally agree, I can't enjoy a movie without subtitles even if it's in a language I understand. English subtitles should be minimum requirement for all movies.
This is great but I do have some problems with access to the content, firstly I couldn't stream on Firefox, it shows an X on the screen and says "No compatible source was found for this video." yet I open chrome and it works perfectly, I don't know if thats because I don't have flash installed for firefox or what, another issue is that you need the gogdownlaoder to download the movies, yet there’s no official gog downloader for Ubuntu/Linux yet...
I wonder if the low rating of the "occupy" doc must be read as a criticism of the documentary, or as a political anti-occupy statements.

It annoys me that I'll probably have to buy the film in order to find out.
johnnygoging: didn't your avatar used to have colour! dear god! everything is going grey! it's make the users grey! aaaaaaah!
Everything must change !
Potzato: Not just Games anymore,
not just old either,
just good.

Beware of your next step !
Daliz: Well, actually GOG has some crappy games already (based on reviews).

So, not just games, not just old and not even good :)

I'm OK with the movies thing, but I'm hoping it doesn't affect game releases.
You are right while formulating my remark I thought a bit the same thing, but for the beauty of things let's say gog still delivers 'good' services (and by still I mean that there isn't any indication of change in that aspect).

I am not against the movies at all (just the price tag that seems .... a bit high-ish)
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Potzato
Subtitles are very important so please make sure they are available even if the language is in English.
Another important point is making sure the films are not cut and the original uncut version is introduced.

Keep up the good work.
Valoric: I agree with the others. Please give us multiple formats for the movies. Re-encode them into mkv, webm, daala (in the future), push the boundaries (FLAC, Opus, OGG) and make yourselves better than those providing these for free. Do what bandcamp.com does and give us the choice to be free or proprietary.

Give us the freedom to choose.
Please leave the original somewhere if you're going to do this.
Telika: It annoys me that I'll probably have to buy the film in order to find out.
Positive reaction to Reverse duplicitous promotion by proxy. Check !
johnnygoging: didn't your avatar used to have colour! dear god! everything is going grey! it's make the users grey! aaaaaaah!
Potzato: Everything must change !
EXCELLENT POINT !
Potzato: Everything must change !
Telika: EXCELLENT POINT !
Did you find your way [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/le_ciel_est_gris_betrayer_steam_key_giveaway ]there [/url]? (edit : I doubt it as there is a 'giveaway ward' ;)
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Potzato