It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set off on a journey to the war-torn land of Calradia where you’ll have the chance to raise your own army. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is now available DRM-free as the game in development on GOG.COM with a 20% discount lasting until 16th October 2020, 1 PM UTC. Explore, raid, and conquer a vast continent, making friends and enemies along the way!

Buy the game on GOG.COM before 9th October 2020, 1 PM UTC, and receive the original Mount & Blade for free! Also, until 16th October 2020, 1 PM UTC, all the previous Mount & Blade titles available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
nightcraw1er.488: Do bear in mind that this contains Steam Workshop mods, therefore any mods which are on Workshop only you will not get access to. And no, GOG workshop via their drm client is not an answer to this.
It's not GOG's workshop nor is it GOG's DRMed client. It's the optional app GOG Galaxy 2.0, where mods are available through the completely optional new store, which is separate from GOG.com. You can even go to the settings and filter out the content, so you don't have to see that the mods are available in the app. What could be clearer? :)
Another big win for GOG today/ tonight!
I enjoyed M&B Warband for a while, playing mostly the offline "campaign" and rarely the multiplayer, but lost access to the game when I got a new PC. My copy of WB had to be verified in Steam to start working, so it was dead to me.

Now that we can get Bannerlord here at GOG I might return for some more M&B, probably offline-only. Would those of you who've already played the game say that Bannerlord is good and has been improved/added upon in enough aspects (in comparison with Warband) that it won't just feel like "more/prettier of the same"? Has there been a shift between the importance of strategic, tactical and action gameplay? Has the economic simulation received some more depth? Would you advise someone who doesn't need to play the game right now to wait for the "official release" version?
What is the date when this game will become fully complete and no longer have the status of 'in development'?
nightcraw1er.488: Do bear in mind that this contains Steam Workshop mods, therefore any mods which are on Workshop only you will not get access to. And no, GOG workshop via their drm client is not an answer to this.
rjbuffchix: It's not GOG's workshop nor is it GOG's DRMed client. It's the optional app GOG Galaxy 2.0, where mods are available through the completely optional new store, which is separate from GOG.com. You can even go to the settings and filter out the content, so you don't have to see that the mods are available in the app. What could be clearer? :)
Haha.

Anyways, the mod part aside, M&B was a cracking game, but mostly outshone by the modding scene, som emany great mods, all up to total conversions. Its what kept the game alive for so long. Unfortunately with workshop being hidden behind a wall, a lot of good mods will just not appear in the public domain, its what happened with Skyrim.
nightcraw1er.488: Anyways, the mod part aside, M&B was a cracking game, but mostly outshone by the modding scene, som emany great mods, all up to total conversions. Its what kept the game alive for so long. Unfortunately with workshop being hidden behind a wall, a lot of good mods will just not appear in the public domain, its what happened with Skyrim.
Yep. Some claim Steam 'saved PC gaming', and from a certain perspective that could be seen as true. However Steam Workshop is all about 'destroying games' as it deliberately puts content on one platform only, forcing the monopoly.

Hopefully with the strong modding community that Mount and Blade has, the better modders and mods will be on The Nexus and not require the cancer of modding that is Steam Workshop.

I'm all in for the ButterLord :)
Cananas: Come on, guys!!
We need a GOG Connect for this!!!!
I don't know what that is but I would love to buy a gog.com console that needs no subscription fees, free online multiplayer, and allows the use of mods.
I am not worried at all because I found some cool mods on moddb and nexus (which I think everyone is posting all the mods there anyway) (Warning: mods and random files from the internet used at your own risk! could break everything!)
Post edited October 02, 2020 by fridgeband
fridgeband: I don't know what that is but I would love to buy a gog.com console that needs no subscription fees, free online multiplayer, and allows the use of mods.
It allows you to link your steam account to GOG so it can scan your steam library for connect supported titles that you then can claim for free on GOG but unsurprisingly most devs don't like giving away games for free not to mention it doesn't really benefit GOG economically.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
fridgeband: I don't know what that is but I would love to buy a gog.com console that needs no subscription fees, free online multiplayer, and allows the use of mods.
ChrisGamer300: It allows you to link your steam account to GOG so it can scan your steam library for connect supported titles that you then can claim for free on GOG but unsurprisingly most devs don't like giving away games for free not to mention it doesn't really benefit GOG economically.
I find it difficult to understand how a dev could think someone purchasing a game once on steam and then using it on a different platform (gog.com for example) is "giving away a free game" considering the person did purchase it. Just saying. I'm too stubborn to even bother with that though. I only buy games on gog.com and I don't even consider the possibility of ever buying games anywhere else. gog.com is the only game store that exists by my standards of what I consider to be a game store. Every other store is what I consider to be a glorified rental store.

gog.com is the best! :D
Post edited October 02, 2020 by fridgeband
ChrisGamer300: It allows you to link your steam account to GOG so it can scan your steam library for connect supported titles that you then can claim for free on GOG but unsurprisingly most devs don't like giving away games for free not to mention it doesn't really benefit GOG economically.
fridgeband: I find it difficult to understand how a dev could think someone purchasing a game once on steam and then using it on a different platform like gog is "giving away a free game" considering the person did purchase it. Just saying.
Well it isn't technically "free" but they rather sell you a second copy rather than giving you a second on another store or platform, it happens frequently enough and take a look at control a month ago on consoles with the Ultimate Edition.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
fridgeband: I am not worried at all because I found some cool mods on moddb and nexus (which I think everyone is posting all the mods there anyway) (Warning: mods and random files from the internet used at your own risk! could break everything!)
Well, if you take Skyrim, there is a large percentage that do not appear on moddb or nexus anymore. Don’t think anyone has a conclusive list, but you can’t see mods which aren’t there unless they are removed, so there could be lots of other mods you are missing out on.

Oh, and to add, the mods tools are currently steam only.
Post edited October 03, 2020 by nightcraw1er.488
fridgeband: I find it difficult to understand how a dev could think someone purchasing a game once on steam and then using it on a different platform like gog is "giving away a free game" considering the person did purchase it. Just saying.
ChrisGamer300: Well it isn't technically "free" but they rather sell you a second copy rather than giving you a second on another store or platform, it happens frequently enough and take a look at control a month ago on consoles with the Ultimate Edition.
I don't think it's honest when I have to buy multiple copies of the same game. I don't think of it as a second purchase, I just simply consider the entire thing a scam and buy nothing at all. Just my honest opinion.

I am not worried at all because I found some cool mods on moddb and nexus (which I think everyone is posting all the mods there anyway) (Warning: mods and random files from the internet used at your own risk! could break everything!)
nightcraw1er.488: Well, if you take Skyrim, there is a large percentage that do not appear on moddb or nexus anymore. Don’t think anyone has a conclusive list, but you can’t see mods which aren’t there unless they are removed, so there could be lots of other mods you are missing out on.

Oh, and to add, the mods tools are currently steam only.
I hope that's not true. I hope the mod tools become for everyone. I trust taleworlds entertainment to do the honest thing. They're really good.
Post edited October 03, 2020 by fridgeband
nightcraw1er.488: Well, if you take Skyrim, there is a large percentage that do not appear on moddb or nexus anymore. Don’t think anyone has a conclusive list, but you can’t see mods which aren’t there unless they are removed, so there could be lots of other mods you are missing out on.
It could be me reading this wrong but most of the mods on Steam is stuff nobody uses because its incompatible with MO2 as steam moves the files over into the data directory when you install a mod, which breaks Skyrim easily the more mods you install. Besides that, approx 99.8% of mods that are of any importance are on nexus. Steam almost has no exclusive mods, mostly because the maximum upload size is way too low for any mod to be properly uploaded on Steam (most important mods that add important things are 2+ gb, such as 3DNPC, which also has a high possibility to break an fully fixed and modded Skyrim), and you need more than just Skyrim to properly use the game if you intend to mod it (FNIS or Nemesis comes to mind). Not only that but modders put some effort into bringing some of the important mods on Steam over to nexus, with allowance of the original author of course. The most well known skyrim mod that was exclusively available on the workshop (the Windhelm Arena in case people want to know) has been ported over months ago.

About 0.05% at most is workshop exclusive. so if nexus has 100.000 available mods, the workshop has about 50 that are exclusive to the platform. Not only that but even after looking several pages of mods there is nothing that is not on nexus when I crosschecked. Some modders on nexus also put their mods on Steam but the number is small. This means you have more than once platform available. If you want to mod Skyrim (or SSE, which is superior to Skyrim nowadays) you can use nexus and never worry about anything else, because it has anything you could ever want.

The stream exclusive mods you're talking about are either ripped from nexus or just small stuff, like some hut or island or some random trees, simple stuff like that.

Modding will mostly be nexus specific due to how consilidated and gigantic the international modding community is. It is simply too big to fail, but that has been obvious even before the release of the creation kit.

fridgeband: I hope that's not true. I hope the mod tools become for everyone. I trust taleworlds entertainment to do the honest thing. They're really good.
Of course not. The "steam exclusivity" is just the tools. Once they're mature enough, Taleworlds will release the tools outside of Steam. Besides that, most if not all mods will be uploaded into modDB, which is the most prominent platform amongst Mount and Blade modders for a decade now. Lots of mods there to check out.

I would even place a bet that there will be no Steam exclusive mods for Bannerlord considering how people are already planning to mod for Bannerlord and the discussion surrounding it.
Post edited October 03, 2020 by Dray2k
:-)
Dray2k: It could be me reading this wrong but most of the mods on Steam is stuff nobody uses because its incompatible with MO2 as steam moves the files over into the data directory when you install a mod, which breaks Skyrim easily the more mods you install. Besides that, approx 99.8% of mods that are of any importance are on nexus. Steam almost has no exclusive mods, mostly because the maximum upload size is way too low for any mod to be properly uploaded on Steam (most important mods that add important things are 2+ gb, such as 3DNPC, which also has a high possibility to break an fully fixed and modded Skyrim), and you need more than just Skyrim to properly use the game if you intend to mod it (FNIS or Nemesis comes to mind). Not only that but modders put some effort into bringing some of the important mods on Steam over to nexus, with allowance of the original author of course. The most well known skyrim mod that was exclusively available on the workshop (the Windhelm Arena in case people want to know) has been ported over months ago.

About 0.05% at most is workshop exclusive. so if nexus has 100.000 available mods, the workshop has about 50 that are exclusive to the platform. Not only that but even after looking several pages of mods there is nothing that is not on nexus when I crosschecked. Some modders on nexus also put their mods on Steam but the number is small. This means you have more than once platform available. If you want to mod Skyrim (or SSE, which is superior to Skyrim nowadays) you can use nexus and never worry about anything else, because it has anything you could ever want.

The stream exclusive mods you're talking about are either ripped from nexus or just small stuff, like some hut or island or some random trees, simple stuff like that.

Modding will mostly be nexus specific due to how consilidated and gigantic the international modding community is. It is simply too big to fail, but that has been obvious even before the release of the creation kit.

fridgeband: I hope that's not true. I hope the mod tools become for everyone. I trust taleworlds entertainment to do the honest thing. They're really good.
Dray2k: Of course not. The "steam exclusivity" is just the tools. Once they're mature enough, Taleworlds will release the tools outside of Steam. Besides that, most if not all mods will be uploaded into modDB, which is the most prominent platform amongst Mount and Blade modders for a decade now. Lots of mods there to check out.

I would even place a bet that there will be no Steam exclusive mods for Bannerlord considering how people are already planning to mod for Bannerlord and the discussion surrounding it.
This is what I said above, no one actually has a good comparison. I ran through one of the big mod lists a while back for Skyrim and found that quite a few of them had been removed from nexus. Looking further some could be found elsewhere but most of that bunch had gone, where had they gone. I don’t have exact numbers or comparison but I know one clear example where there are mods on steam you can’t get elsewhere and that is the expansion levels for the quest. So it does happen that mods get locked into steam (and creation club is even worse from all I know about it).