It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The much-anticipated sequel to the great space title from ROCKFISH Games has just reached our solar system! The in-development version of EVERSPACE™ 2 is now available on GOG.COM and it brings us much more than new visuals and story. After taking into account tens of thousands of gamers’ reviews and comments, creators from ROCKFISH Games have decided to bring an open-world formula to the series.

This means you can now enjoy EVERSPACE™ 2 with at least 25 hours of gameplay, filled with fast-paced action, puzzle-solving, as well as a deep exploration of space and its planets. All of this is enriched by RPG elements, mining, crafting, and tons of precious loot for you to acquire.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
high rated
Oh nice :-) In space we distrust!
high rated
Ehm, GOG... where are the offline installers though? :P

Edit: Nevermind, turns out I was a minute too impatient :D.

Edit 2: ... aaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone again. Ok, I'll come back in an hour when the servers are all synced...

Edit 3: Now downloading. Has anyone noticed I'm really excited about this game? :P
Post edited January 18, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
yep, definitely an instabuy for me. i loved the feel of the original.
My my...
Wonder how the open-world-ness work in this setting. One way to find out, I guess? :D
This has gotten really good reviews/previews so it goes on the good ole wishlist for when 1.0 comes out.
low rated
ban early access
high rated
Orkhepaj: ban early access
But it's optional... really optional, unlike Galaxy :P.

Linux report: The game seems to play fine on Wine Staging with vkd3d-proton... all I've seen is some weird shadow flickering here and there (I'll report the issue with vkd3d-proton if it doesn't go away on release). 1080p performance is good/decent on a GTX 1080 with everything cranked up to Epic, so I'm a happy camper-space-pilot.

The game is so Freelancery I'm nearly in tears :D...
Post edited January 18, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Really hoping proper Linux support will be added at some point - meanwhile, good luck to the devs with getting this to a fully finished state!
Meh, didn't get much in the first. :P

Maybe I'll try again.
gogtrial34987: Really hoping proper Linux support will be added at some point - meanwhile, good luck to the devs with getting this to a fully finished state!
It is officially confirmed for Linux on release (though they did not mention GOG explicitly in conjunction with Linux, I see no reason for a Linux build not to land here, considering Everspace has one). Which is great news to be honest, because while it seems to work with Wine/VKD3D it tends to chug at times... and the translation from D3D12 to Vulkan is problematic in terms of performance anyway, especially on Pascal and below on Nvidia. AMD seems to be faring better, but I have a feeling native Vulkan will do a lot better for both team red and green.
Came with a cool (game) project title:
EVERDEV

tag line: This is not the end.
Just got a key from Rockfish as a Kickstarter backer. Looking forward to the Linux version release!
Post edited January 18, 2021 by shmerl
Was initially interested, but this kinda looks a little too linear and arcadey for me.
I do not see Achievements on the feature list on the shopsite. Are they planned for the final release for the GOG version?