It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The much-anticipated sequel to the great space title from ROCKFISH Games has just reached our solar system! The in-development version of EVERSPACE™ 2 is now available on GOG.COM and it brings us much more than new visuals and story. After taking into account tens of thousands of gamers’ reviews and comments, creators from ROCKFISH Games have decided to bring an open-world formula to the series.

This means you can now enjoy EVERSPACE™ 2 with at least 25 hours of gameplay, filled with fast-paced action, puzzle-solving, as well as a deep exploration of space and its planets. All of this is enriched by RPG elements, mining, crafting, and tons of precious loot for you to acquire.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Looks neat. I'm definitely adding this to my Wishlist so that I don't forget about it.
Advanced89: I do not see Achievements on the feature list on the shopsite. Are they planned for the final release for the GOG version?
It seems so...
"Before you ask, GOG Galaxy features will be supported when we hit v1.0 in 2022 as we have a lot on our plate with completing the game over the next 12 to 18 months as well as making sure we deliver on our promises."
Source: last Kickstarter update
Instabuy, once it is out of inDev phase :)
Looks alright, soundtrack is rad
Just found out it's possbile to use the D3D11 renderer and even get it running on Windows 7.

The game is now butter smooth using D3D11 even on Linux (with Wine/DXVK), whereas in D3D12 mode the translation with VKD3D to Vulkan is much slower... at least on my hardware.
Post edited January 19, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Love Everspace 1 and played it lot, but WHERE ARE SUPPORT of Windows 7 in Everspace 2??? WTF, Devs - this sucks!
NEED OFFICIAL SUPPORT of Windows 7!
Post edited January 19, 2021 by LifeLover
I don't think you should count on any official support for Windows 7 nowadays.
It's more or less a dead system by now.
Anyone actually go to the end of the first one?
Carradice: Anyone actually go to the end of the first one?
Well, I got through one successful run eventually... just to be told to do more? Ugh! I liked the gameplay just fine, but the whole roguelite/permadeath loop was never all that appealing. Thankfully, this shouldn't be problem for the sequel. :)
Mr.Mumbles: I liked the gameplay just fine, but the whole roguelite/permadeath loop was never all that appealing.
Apparently RockFish got a ton of similar feedback from people buying Everspace, especially later on when it was discounted - they liked the gameplay but were really looking for an open-space experience, not a rougelite. Ergo, we got Everspace 2 :D. *Insert "I love democracy" meme*

I really like ES2 so far... the only thing I found rather weird was the fact you have to find "colors" to customize your ship. As in you can't paint an element of your ship yellow until you find the yellow pigment somewhere in an abandoned crate.

It introduces a "I've got to raid that pirate base, so that maybe I can paint my ship purple, like I've always wanted to" mechanic, I guess.
Post edited January 19, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
nah , tried out way too arcade for me
hope this one will be more serious
Yes. Took me something like 20 runs to get to sector three, but then only five-ish more to reach the final sector. When you've reached the final sector, there's story happening which means you have to collect something new and reach the final sector with it on a subsequent run - I only needed two runs for that, to then trigger the real end. It's worth sticking with it; there's a couple of ship upgrades which really make a difference wrt survivability - and I found the way the story unfolded very satisfying.
WinterSnowfall: The game is now butter smooth using D3D11 even on Linux (with Wine/DXVK), whereas in D3D12 mode the translation with VKD3D to Vulkan is much slower... at least on my hardware.
vkd3d-proton is known to work badly on Nvidia. It should be better with AMD. If you have AMD, please report the performance issue to them.

https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/issues
Post edited January 20, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: vkd3d-proton is known to work badly on Nvidia.
Yes, I'm well aware... disappointingly bad when compared to DXVK, but I guess that's what you get with closed source drivers.

shmerl: It should be better with AMD. If you have AMD, please report the performance issue to them.
There will be a Linux native version on release, I'm guessing with native Vulkan support - so the problem will eventually solve itself.

I was mostly documenting my "early adopter" Windows build, but running on Linux experience :P.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: I was mostly documenting my "early adopter" Windows build, but running on Linux experience :P.
Yeah. In general though, AMD today is a much better option for Linux gaming. If it was only possible to buy any of these new cards...