It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trajhenkhetlive: Everytime I watch Event Horizon I think to myself these people must have been 40k fans, it's a situation that can happen in warp travel. Even the ship looks like it came from the Imperium of Mankind.
Couldn't agree more.
We watch Event Horizon every time we have a new player in our WH40K RPG group.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by capile2
Trajhenkhetlive: Everytime I watch Event Horizon I think to myself these people must have been 40k fans, it's a situation that can happen in warp travel. Even the ship looks like it came from the Imperium of Mankind.
You mean there's a way for it NOT to happen during warp?! :)
Also, hey look! TWO CLINT EASTWOODS TALKING TO EACH OTHER!
undeadcow: Atrotcious (2010) is a spanish found footage film that's surprisingly creepy.

The Mother's Day (2010) remake is a tense home invasion style horror film.

Sauna (2008) is a cryptic historic Finnish horror movie.

The New Daughter (2009) is an over looked but effective horror movie; nevermind Kevin Costner helming it's better than you'd guess.

Tourist Trap (1979) is really cool sort of House of Wax and Texas Chainsaw Massacre hybrid.

V/H/S/2 has some intense segments but might venture too far into WTF mode.

The Blair Witch Project scares me, but I think that's too much a niche film that might not strike fear in everyone.

Also seconding The Orphanage and Event Horizon.
May I suggest EVENT HORIZON which inspired Dead Space or get Silent Hill anything Stephen King

Agh hahahahahaha the blair witch Project scares you hahahahaha

Have you tried THE SAW

Watch THESE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxiltw2FdA
If you like the supernatural:

Possession of Michael King (gave me chicken skin)

Damned

Dead Souls

Oculus (gave me chicken skin)

Quiet Ones (gave me chicken skin)

Devil Inside (creeped me out)

Conjuring (gave me chicken skin)
Post edited September 11, 2014 by u2jedi
Hmmm Horror....

The Girl Next Door-2007
Ils (Them)-2006
Frailty-2001
The Poughkeepsie Tapes-2007
Dead Girl-2008
Chawz-2009 is kind of good if you like a Korean creature movie well giant murderous pig

I wouldn't say any are particularly the greatest but if you are looking at something where the horror is more based around people and the things they can/will do if given an opportunity they can be quite frightening.

Oh well maybe one will send you off in a direction to look at something you didn't think of seeing before now.
Obama 2016. It's hilarious but at the same time scary, mostly because the way it's filmed is just so terrible.
Ju-on: The Prequel (Watch the Japanese originals of the movies not the American remakes)
The Ring (Since you didn't mention it)
Shutter (Thai original)
sunshinecorp: You mean there's a way for it NOT to happen during warp?! :)
Well as long as the psychic defenses were properly applied. The Eldar barely have a problem getting around due to their "afterlife network" so they have 24/7 protection. The imperium has to rely on human psykers throughout the ship to guard it, if any are corrupt or screw up it could get the ship damaged, lost, or "event horizioned". Nice to see another man with no name.
sunshinecorp: You mean there's a way for it NOT to happen during warp?! :)
Trajhenkhetlive: Well as long as the psychic defenses were properly applied. The Eldar barely have a problem getting around due to their "afterlife network" so they have 24/7 protection. The imperium has to rely on human psykers throughout the ship to guard it, if any are corrupt or screw up it could get the ship damaged, lost, or "event horizioned". Nice to see another man with no name.
I joking. :P My team always seemed to fail one check or another when warping...
Psycho, this is the only one I can add, also I too recommend Alien.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by sanfueg
Try Dead Silence.
I recommended it in the other thread. Very heavy atmosphere in this one.
Nowadays it is hard to find a climatic movie.
capile2: By the way. Since you have seen the remake (Nosferatu - Phantom der Nacht), see the original too.
And then watch Shadow of the Vampire (with John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe). But just watch this one if you saw the original Nosferatu. :)
I've seen Shadow of the Vampire, a great movie. Yeah, I know I should have watched the original first, but that's how it worked out. I still thought it was really good.

undeadcow: Also seconding The Orphanage and Event Horizon.
I entirely forgot about the Orphanage. That one was really scary. Very good horror. I remember being sort of creeped out walking back home from the cinema that night.

But Event Horizon... that one is rather silly. My brain is wired that way, so I just could not stop asking why would anyone build a ship that looks like this twisted, horror show gothic cathedral. I just could not picture that monstrosity getting funding from NASA. The cast is great, but too much about it made no sense and it felt too "slashery".
Post edited September 11, 2014 by Breja
I second Tucker and Dale VS Evil for some horror movie turned on its head fun!
Now on to some scary movies
Hellraiser series www.imdb.com/title/tt0093177/
Phantasm series www.imdb.com/title/tt0079714/
Aliens was already recommended,
Child's Play the first couple, I found the later Chucky movies to be more comedies, which while I did like I wouldn't necessarily recommend for a big scare. www.imdb.com/title/tt0094862/
A Nightmare on Elm Street - as the series went on it also had more comedic bits, but I still find the earlier one's scary.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0087800/
Lastly would second the Poltergeist recommendation from earlier.
Hope those movies help you get your freak out on.
Shutter (original Thaï) is one of the most frigthening movie I ever experienced.. Avoid the Us remake, with Joshua Jackson..

As I see it already mentioned, another one bone-chilling : Silk, Taiwanese psychological horror film.

Here : [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_(2006_film]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_(2006_film)[/url]

Edit : Add ) at the end of the URL, for some reason it disappear as one clicks the link..
Post edited September 11, 2014 by koima57
Brainscan not exactly terrifying but it was good when i saw it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109327/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_53
Post edited September 11, 2014 by Master911