It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: And by the way, whichever insensitive jerk who keeps downrepping me...I'm sure everyone loves losing 5 points in a two minute span. Seriously, this forum has really gone into the crapper...
pimpmonkey went from 200 to -230.

It's happening to all of us.
low rated
RWarehall: And by the way, whichever insensitive jerk who keeps downrepping me...I'm sure everyone loves losing 5 points in a two minute span. Seriously, this forum has really gone into the crapper...
tinyE: pimpmonkey went from 200 to -230.

I know that, but clearly someone specifically pulled up just my posts to be an asshole, because between refreshes I went from 834 to 832 to 830 to 829 in a span of two minutes...

That's not just a random -1 here and there....
tinyE: pimpmonkey went from 200 to -230.

RWarehall: I know that, but clearly someone specifically pulled up just my posts to be an asshole, because between refreshes I went from 834 to 832 to 830 to 829 in a span of two minutes...

That's not just a random -1 here and there....
It's not random for any of us. Several of us have been singled out. I'm down 200 in a couple of weeks, pimp down way more, dozens others just as bad if not worse, and it is all very deliberate. Everyone of us is having everyone of our post hit several times by one person with multiple accounts.

I suggest you ignore it.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by tinyE
I'm boycotting Lamborghini. Here's a list of models that I would have bought, but because of my principles have not done:

-Ferrari 458 Italia: €259'683

-Ferrari F12: €349'449

-Ferrari California: €269'900

-Ferrari FF: €265'900

This makes a total of €1'144'932 that Ferrari did not get and still counting.
awalterj: I'm boycotting Lamborghini. Here's a list of models that I would have bought, but because of my principles have not done:

And do you have something more constructive to say or is this everything you want to share with this discussion? Perhaps you love it being a slave to the software-companies? I don't! :-)
throgh: Stretching principles results always in making further compromises. Most of them could be very helpful but there is alway also a risk stretching too far and having no turn back. What's so sad staying true on the principles and having therefore stagnation? From my point of view it's a simple lie of business that you have always to grow for showing the world a healthy company / business model. In fact it could be also reversed very fast if the growth is too fast and most of the principles your company was characterized by are forgotten. If that process was too deep and far-reaching the customers stay also away because they have no futher identification and the reasons why they used your services are also long forgotten.
MarkoH01: It's true that a company can not stretch their principles too far to stay believable. However the fact that a business has to grow is no invention from the firms. It is - as I already stated - an economic rule which you will be taught in every economic study. I could explain why this is the fact but you could as well look it up on the internet. A business which does not grow will sooner or later die.
But what to blame? The corrupt system which is never satisfied - just as sidenote: there can't be infinitely growth - or the people supporting that because they think one day to break out, like the hamster in the wheel running for his carrot?
Post edited October 08, 2015 by throgh
throgh: And do you have something more constructive to say or is this everything you want to share with this discussion? Perhaps you love it being a slave to the software-companies? I don't! :-)
I understand, you thought GOG was an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
throgh: And do you have something more constructive to say or is this everything you want to share with this discussion? Perhaps you love it being a slave to the software-companies? I don't! :-)
awalterj: I understand, you thought GOG was an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
I thought they were an autonomous collective.
awalterj: I'm boycotting Lamborghini. Here's a list of models that I would have bought, but because of my principles have not done:

Hey, perhaps awalterj doesn't want to be a slave to car companies like you?
Post edited October 09, 2015 by ZFR
awalterj: I understand, you thought GOG was an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
No, but I also don't understand why you think it is helpful to provoke. By the way: Nice mention of "Monty Python" but again already not the understatement I was talking about. It seems you have no further interest in discussions or rational arguments at all. And don't come up my reaction was not rational: This is right, but please read your first postng I was referring to. Ridiculous comparisons are not the best start! But hey: Keep up trolling around. :-)

EDIT: Ah nice one, more trolls to ruin the discussion? Nice style, just making some fun about comments is really mature behavior. :D
Post edited October 09, 2015 by throgh
Good point, because when I think of mature behavior, I think of on line gaming forums. Curse me to taint such a well earned and renowned reputation. XD

You must be a lot of fun at parties. :P
Post edited October 09, 2015 by tinyE
*dances*
tinyE: I thought they were an autonomous collective.
Listen. Strange online stores distributing games is no basis for a system of government.
tinyE: I thought they were an autonomous collective.
Breja: Listen. Strange online stores distributing games is no basis for a system of government.
If I went around saying I was emperor just because I was handing out copies of Diablo, they'd put me away!
throgh: No, but I also don't understand why you think it is helpful to provoke. By the way: Nice mention of "Monty Python" but again already not the understatement I was talking about. It seems you have no further interest in discussions or rational arguments at all. And don't come up my reaction was not rational: This is right, but please read your first postng I was referring to. Ridiculous comparisons are not the best start! But hey: Keep up trolling around. :-)
Satire doesn't intend to be helpful. Nor does it intend to provoke, at least not in the sense that you might think. If anything, it intends to provoke self-reflection. Self-reflection would be incredibly useful to those whom the satire is aimed at, if they were capable of self-reflection. In that regard, it would be irrational for satire to try to be helpful.
throgh: No, but I also don't understand why you think it is helpful to provoke. By the way: Nice mention of "Monty Python" but again already not the understatement I was talking about. It seems you have no further interest in discussions or rational arguments at all. And don't come up my reaction was not rational: This is right, but please read your first postng I was referring to. Ridiculous comparisons are not the best start! But hey: Keep up trolling around. :-)
awalterj: Satire doesn't intend to be helpful. Nor does it intend to provoke, at least not in the sense that you might think. If anything, it intends to provoke self-reflection. Self-reflection would be incredibly useful to those whom the satire is aimed at, if they were capable of self-reflection. In that regard, it would be irrational for satire to try to be helpful.
Oh than I hope that refers also to you. Funny that you mentioning "satire" and therefore trying to bring reason for the obligatory comparison with automotives within a IT-specific discussion. Keep on going with that, perhaps one day it'll fit or even helps keeping idealistic people quiet. ;-) But I see: There is no further interest on the original point for this discussion. Just some more postings in an effort to be something like "funny" because they don't want to hear something ugly. Life goes on in the filter-bubble!
Post edited October 10, 2015 by throgh