It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trilarion: There was something somewhere is not really a confidence inspiring statement. But I guess you would not need to go to jail. Usually companies have to pay fines if they do wrong. It's not like they can even go to jail. Or if anyone it would probably have to be the boss (the guy who is responsible for everything, has the biggest office and the most comfortable chair).
Johny.: Sorry for not pointing it out. There was information, but no detailed explanation, see update in the first post:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/bherzlich_willkommenb_gogcom_goes_german_163a1/page1
You won't get details on who would have legal troubles from me (employee or the company owner) - I'm just a developer. :) But does it matter? We just can't sell some games in Germany because it's illegal. Similarly even if some drug were legal in Poland and not in your country, I couldn't sell and send it to you.
what about Postal Original and Uncut / Postal 2? They seem to be indexed as well.
Post edited October 02, 2015 by bombe_zwanzig
john_hatcher: stuff
Attachments:
59404255.jpg (101 Kb)
Tarnicus: The law regarding censorship is that it is illegal for Australian retailers to sell games which fail to get passed the censorship board, just as it is in Germany. I.e. the game cannot be physically sold. The laws do not apply to online transactions, even though they are being applied in this manner.
Breja: Apparently GOG's and/or the publishers legal departments disagree with you.
Or the publisher doesn't want to piss off their physical distributor, who often forces the publisher to adhere their digital distribution to the same prices/restrictions as physical distribution so that the physical retail distributor isn't getting undercut on the same product by the publisher. That's the most likely case where "law" isn't the reason for digital sales.
Johny.: Sorry for not pointing it out. There was information, but no detailed explanation, see update in the first post:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/bherzlich_willkommenb_gogcom_goes_german_163a1/page1
You won't get details on who would have legal troubles from me (employee or the company owner) - I'm just a developer. :) But does it matter? We just can't sell some games in Germany because it's illegal. Similarly even if some drug were legal in Poland and not in your country, I couldn't sell and send it to you.
bombe_zwanzig: what about Postal Original and Uncut / Postal 2? They seem to be indexed as well.
Indexed does not automatically mean banned (as in illegal to sell). It only means that it won't be sold over the counter and it can't be advertised. An example for a banned game would be Manhunt.
Post edited October 02, 2015 by k4ZE106
bombe_zwanzig: what about Postal Original and Uncut / Postal 2? They seem to be indexed as well.
k4ZE106: Indexed does not automatically mean banned (as in illegal to own). It only means that it won't be sold over the counter and it can't be advertised. An example for a banned game would be Manhunt.
i know. but quake 2 isn't banned (beschlagnahmt), just indexed (indiziert) just like Postal.

edit: typo
Post edited October 02, 2015 by bombe_zwanzig
hedwards: EDIT: Also get off my lawn before I call your parents!
Go right ahead and call them! Their number is Klondike-5-2837. Just tell Mabel at the exchange that you need to talk with the parents of that 'Beer kid, and she'll patch you right through.
adaliabooks: ... GoG are not regionally blocking games because they want to, they are doing it because the law says they have to. Why is that so hard for people to grasp?
They might have gotten away with it when they were smaller but not any more.
Haters will always hate and find ways to try and make people hate what they hate, especially when it comes to the law. If a duely appointed body of law dictates that a title can not be sold in a certain country, the publisher has to go with that or could be forced to shut down and even pay heavy fines. Even the big boys with lots of money don't step over that line because they want to stay in business. This is not a DRM issue, but a legal one and a costly one to try and step over.
k4ZE106: Indexed does not automatically mean banned (as in illegal to own). It only means that it won't be sold over the counter and it can't be advertised. An example for a banned game would be Manhunt.
You are mistaken. Even banned games aren't illegal to own and use for private purpose. You are only forbidden to distribute them in any way. Meaning, you can own and play Wolfenstein in Germany but when you get sick of the game you can't even give your original disk to a friend.

Of course that means that as a business you also can't sell the game in Germany.
hedwards: EDIT: Also get off my lawn before I call your parents!
HereForTheBeer: Go right ahead and call them! Their number is Klondike-5-2837. Just tell Mabel at the exchange that you need to talk with the parents of that 'Beer kid, and she'll patch you right through.
Telephone, bah. I only use telegraph. Kids today and their telephone call codes.
RWarehall: I'll just say this...looking at the list the OP made...very few of those games would be here without regional prices or the changes GoG made. So in essence, he is boycotting for next to nothing. Because if you had your way, you wouldn't be buying these games here anyway...
You realize that most of the games on his list are not even regionally priced (except for the Russian discount and some of don't even have that)?

Metro: Last Light Redux
Hotline Miami 2
Tropico 4
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Metro 2033 Redux

These are the regional priced ones and out of this list Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity were already confirmed long before GOG even started doing region pricing.
phaolo: Interesting, I must add that, in my opinion,
Grargar: Hey! You didn't say Candlejack, you chea
Well, that's becau
RWarehall: I'll just say this...looking at the list the OP made...very few of those games would be here without regional prices or the changes GoG made. So in essence, he is boycotting for next to nothing. Because if you had your way, you wouldn't be buying these games here anyway...
PaterAlf: You realize that most of the games on his list are not even regionally priced (except for the Russian discount and some of don't even have that)?

Hotline Miami 2
Tropico 4
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Metro 2033 Redux

These are the regional priced ones and out of this list Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity were already confirmed long before GOG even started doing region pricing.
But do you think we get Warner Bros., Bethesda, Paradox or Lucas Arts without the Russian discount and other changes? And what I see are a lot of games from newer publishers. I stick to the idea that these games would not be here without the changes.
I boycott GOG ... well because of (lost) car keys
low rated
PaterAlf: You realize that most of the games on his list are not even regionally priced (except for the Russian discount and some of don't even have that)?

Hotline Miami 2
Tropico 4
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Metro 2033 Redux

RWarehall: But do you think we get Warner Bros., Bethesda, Paradox or Lucas Arts without the Russian discount and other changes? And what I see are a lot of games from newer publishers. I stick to the idea that these games would not be here without the changes.
How far are you willing to go to get "all" the games you want here at GOG?
RWarehall: But do you think we get Warner Bros., Bethesda, Paradox or Lucas Arts without the Russian discount and other changes?
From those publishers alteast Warner Bros. definitely because all of their games are (really) flat priced here.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/flat_priced_games_on_gog/post1