It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: While I don't agree with the OP, I don't think the "low rated" is deserved. Why are people so eager to click (-) lately?!
Facebook engineers probably are still celebrating the day they decided not to have a dislike button although they are now working on it, I heard. Hopefully it doesn't get back to them because there is a lot of hate and intolerance in the world. Facebook could become a hell of a place.

Why bothering with argueing when you just can vote down opinions that disagree with you? It's not what people should do but it's exactly how quite some people work internally. It's human although rather the worse side of humanity. In a way kind of a nice illustration of what I meant in the first post. Haters are just going to hate.
Trilarion: Facebook could become a hell of a place.
Isn't it already?
toxicTom: While I don't agree with the OP, I don't think the "low rated" is deserved. Why are people so eager to click (-) lately?!
Trilarion: Facebook engineers probably are still celebrating the day they decided not to have a dislike button although they are now working on it, I heard. Hopefully it doesn't get back to them because there is a lot of hate and intolerance in the world. Facebook could become a hell of a place.

Why bothering with argueing when you just can vote down opinions that disagree with you? It's not what people should do but it's exactly how quite some people work internally. It's human although rather the worse side of humanity. In a way kind of a nice illustration of what I meant in the first post. Haters are just going to hate.
I find it hilarious that you find Facebook a place worth going to at all, dislike button or not. To each his own, I 'spose. The only dislike button you really need is embedded in your brain.
toxicTom: Isn't it already?
I used it only passively and seldom - so I wouldn't know. For me GOG is the place I visit daily.
Trilarion: I used it only passively and seldom - so I wouldn't know. For me GOG is the place I visit daily.
Same here. Except that I don't manage "daily".
I have a few RL friends from times past who are on Facebook, and I use it to communicate with them once in awhile. I'm not the phone-type either. :-)
Hey, someone forgot to flush!
I think my timing with this thread actually could not have been much better.

- Today the newly elected parliament in a surprise opted to have five new judges for the constitutional court. But what can possibly go wrong with that? Surely the new ones will be completely impartial.

- In official press conferences they decided to leave out the EU flag and only show the nice red and white ones. Who needs to know about other countries anyway.

- The almost traditionally "march of independence" in Warsaw which takes place on the 11th of November, a national holiday in Poland, regularly attract 50-70 thousand marchers with fine nationalistic mottos like "Poles for Poland" or (also very popular these days) “God, Honor and Fatherland,” or whatever expresses that one group of people is much better than all the others (historically I fully understand the need for a national holiday but seeing this I think they are just celebrating it the wrong way)

- A Syrian man was beaten to glibber by nice young polish men in Poznań at the beginning of this month and surprise - nobody was persecuted. Law and Order? Depending on the context it's just a joke although not really funny.

All this taken together and in exptaction of what might come I would say it is probably safer to stay out of Poland. They are obviously on a beginning nationalistic rampage.

Don't get me wrong. They are not alone in feeling themselves better than anyone else (this is probably the irony of it all). You find extreme nationalism everywhere nowadays (which already means that it can't all be right). It's probably a sign that the people search for simple solutions in times of trouble but also a sign that learning from history is not really something people are good at. So if Poland goes down the drain it will just be one of many members in the club.

Foreign professionals working for CDPR already having resigned out of fear? Not yet? Well then there is still a chance for Cyberpunk.

Also see: http://www.timesofisrael.com/polish-anti-refugee-protesters-burn-effigy-of-orthodox-jew/
Trilarion: - A Syrian man was beaten to glibber by nice young polish men in Poznań at the beginning of this month and surprise - nobody was persecuted. Law and Order? Depending on the context it's just a joke although not really funny.
The guy responsible for this was detained by the police. Persecutor wants 3 months of prison plus 12 moths social works for him. He accepted persecutor's proposition - but it is the court who decides about punishment and it didn't judge this case yet. As far as I know he is not kept in prison until his case will be judged.

Trilarion: - Today the newly elected parliament in a surprise opted to have five new judges for the constitutional court. But what can possibly go wrong with that? Surely the new ones will be completely impartial.
EDIT:

Yes, but former rulling party did the same right before they lost ellections. But I guess - those jusges were more impartial:-P
Post edited November 27, 2015 by tburger
Trilarion: Don't get me wrong. They are not alone in feeling themselves better than anyone else (this is probably the irony of it all). You find extreme nationalism everywhere nowadays (which already means that it can't all be right). It's probably a sign that the people search for simple solutions in times of trouble but also a sign that learning from history is not really something people are good at. So if Poland goes down the drain it will just be one of many members in the club.
Imho the currently reestablished nationalism nearly everywhere in the western world is a sign, that globalisation still doesn't work because the cultures and conditions on this planet are way too different for this. It's only logical that local problems have priority, Switzerland is run by this for ages and it's still the way to go until humanity is ready for a united planet, which it certainly isn't and probably won't be for quite a while.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Trilarion: Law and justice it is now in Poland after the latest parliamentary election. The funny thing is that the official leader of PiS, Beata Szydło, is not identical with the mastermind behind it, Jarosław Kaczyński, and you think that his is easy enough for the voter to look through, but it seems not so. Or what do you think?

Is law and justice in Poland the end of liberal attitudes? Will Poland follow the way of Hungary? Will division of powers be ended, media be suppressed? Or is it maybe the best that could happen? Will Polands economy grow at minor expenses here and there?

What will happen to the country? How will it change in the next years?

And finally the most important of all: Is Cyberpunk 2077 in danger? Can it still be finished under the circumstances?
JudasIscariot: We've survived communism, two world wars, and three partitions, I think we'll be fine :P
The biggest +1 for optimizm.. bu there are also countries with communism Korea ad Russia..
tburger: The guy responsible for this was detained by the police. ...
According to my sources it were three guys. But it's good to hear that there is indeed persecution happening. I didn't know of this.
Trilarion: ...
You forgot to mention that the president pardoned a former head of the The Central Anti-Corruption Bureau (a man from the same political party) who was sentenced to 3 years in prison and banned from holding any public office for 10 years for abusing his power while in office. Now he will be the new coordinator of secret services.
tburger: Yes, but former rulling party did the same right before they lost ellections. But I guess - those jusges were more impartial:-P
True. But while that was a unwelcome instance of bending the rules, it was still properly done properly from a legal standpoint. This new action was hastly written and even more hastily passed without any consultations proper for sucha document, and as a result it is legally "iffy" to say the least. Also, it was only possible in the first place, since the president kept stalling the formality of accepting the oath of office from the already elected judges.

Also, the current ruling party has a unprecedented majority in the parliament, and the president. Holding so much powers, their actions should be obsereved with even more scrutiny, as they can be much more destructive to democracy an the proper functioning of the legal system than anyone else before.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by Breja
tburger: The guy responsible for this was detained by the police. ...
Trilarion: According to my sources it were three guys. But it's good to hear that there is indeed persecution happening. I didn't know of this.
Indeed there were 3 guys. Others were also identified but I don't know what charges they will face.
Breja: True. But while that was a unwelcome instance of bending the rules, it was still properly done properly from a legal standpoint. This new action was hastly written and even more hastily passed without any consultations proper for sucha document, and as a result it is legally "iffy" to say the least. Also, it was only possible in the first place, since the president kept stalling the formality of accepting the oath of office from the already elected judges.

Also, the current ruling party has a unprecedented majority in the parliament, and the president. Holding so much powers, their actions should be obsereved with even more scrutiny, as they can be much more destructive to democracy an the proper functioning of the legal system than anyone else before.
It’s just another proof that polish politicians (with maybe some few exceptions) are of the same breed. Doesn’t really matter if you are from PO or PIS. Such words as ethics, integrity, common good - are just empty words for most of them. I don’t like what PIS does but if few weeks before PO offered vacancies in constitutional court to PIS – possible we had different situation now. I also don’t like that PIS has such power – but who is to blame? Kaczyński should send big box of chocolates for Tusk and other PO leaders - because it is their 8 years of ruling in Poland made PIS so strong. I didn’t vote for PIS yet I don’t have any fears – it’s self balancing system we have in Poland. The’ve come – they will go. Sometimes change has to be made. And there is also a bright side of 2015 elections: 50% of parliament members are new guys – Miller, Piechociński, Pawlak, Palikot – gone, SLD gone – next time we will cut PSL :-D.
Post edited November 28, 2015 by tburger
Klumpen0815: Imho the currently reestablished nationalism nearly everywhere in the western world is a sign, that globalisation still doesn't work because the cultures and conditions on this planet are way too different for this. It's only logical that local problems have priority, Switzerland is run by this for ages and it's still the way to go until humanity is ready for a united planet, which it certainly isn't and probably won't be for quite a while.
Sounds about right although I'm not very optimistic about (populistic) nationalism as the way to go. In my eyes it's a dead end and a dangerous path at the same time. It cannot be the answer to globalization and I hope I can avoid it. I really would not like to live in a closed, intolerant, one-sided society like [choose one of: Hungary, Turkey, Russia, ...].

I feel like actually I'm at home a bit everywhere although more here of course. It doesn't mean I don't have values. But I feel to connected to all people around the world who share my values, whereever they are. That's the crucial point. And I feel kind of opposed to all people who do not share these value, also when living where I live. It doesn't mean I agree to endless migration, but I don't want to live in a country that does not allow any migration at all. There must exist a good middle ground to react to globalization and not rampant nationalism like we see now.

The funny thing is that nationalism runs extremely high in many countries that have a very low amount of people with migration background like Poland. It's a miracle to me what the voters in Poland are actually fearing now, with their low amount of immigrants? Either it is a very abstract fear or a lot of (unfounded - it's always unfounded) nationalistic pride. But it's not true. Russians aren't better than Poles who aren't better than French who aren't better than Americans or Chinese or Japanese who aren't better than anyone else.

Well, let's see where this will lead to, but let's not say I did not warn before the uprising nationalism. The day a nationalistic party takes over in Germany will be the day I emigrate to Canada and seek asylum there.
Klumpen0815: Imho the currently reestablished nationalism nearly everywhere in the western world is a sign, that globalisation still doesn't work because the cultures and conditions on this planet are way too different for this. It's only logical that local problems have priority, Switzerland is run by this for ages and it's still the way to go until humanity is ready for a united planet, which it certainly isn't and probably won't be for quite a while.
Trilarion: Sounds about right although I'm not very optimistic about (populistic) nationalism as the way to go. In my eyes it's a dead end and a dangerous path at the same time. It cannot be the answer to globalization and I hope I can avoid it. I really would not like to live in a closed, intolerant, one-sided society like [choose one of: Hungary, Turkey, Russia, ...].

I feel like actually I'm at home a bit everywhere although more here of course. It doesn't mean I don't have values. But I feel to connected to all people around the world who share my values, whereever they are. That's the crucial point. And I feel kind of opposed to all people who do not share these value, also when living where I live. It doesn't mean I agree to endless migration, but I don't want to live in a country that does not allow any migration at all. There must exist a good middle ground to react to globalization and not rampant nationalism like we see now.

The funny thing is that nationalism runs extremely high in many countries that have a very low amount of people with migration background like Poland. It's a miracle to me what the voters in Poland are actually fearing now, with their low amount of immigrants? Either it is a very abstract fear or a lot of (unfounded - it's always unfounded) nationalistic pride. But it's not true. Russians aren't better than Poles who aren't better than French who aren't better than Americans or Chinese or Japanese who aren't better than anyone else.

Well, let's see where this will lead to, but let's not say I did not warn before the uprising nationalism. The day a nationalistic party takes over in Germany will be the day I emigrate to Canada and seek asylum there.
You talk about national sovereignty as if it was a bad thing.

So let me ask you a question. Do you like to see greedy American culture creeping into every nook and cranny on the planet? Yeah, didn't think so. So enjoy your high walls and good German beer and learn to appreciate those invisible lines drawn on the map.