It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If I recall it's indestructible until it captures at least one of your ships. Then it just take a forever to be killed.
iangold: It's a damn shame, that's what it is...
On the positive side, currently is HW1R game mechanics wise pretty messed up, Gearbox didn't implemented the interesting game mechanic parts of HW1 but just "modded" HW1 into the HW2 engine.

Many HW1 veterans here would be disappointed, so it is maybe better that the remaster in its current form is not available here. ;P
Post edited March 23, 2015 by shaddim
A_Future_Pilot: If I recall it's indestructible until it captures at least one of your ships. Then it just take a forever to be killed.
tried it again last night after posting this, it took 6 frigs in total, managed to drag the ships out of the way allowing the bombers in and its still indestructable, something not right as it still says send scouts to investigate
There may be a trigger in the game, where you have to legitimately send scouts specifically. Then use bombers to kill it.
A_Future_Pilot: There may be a trigger in the game, where you have to legitimately send scouts specifically. Then use bombers to kill it.
After a couple more tries it seems to work now, looks like the save glitched, so even though i loaded autosave it was borked, loading the autosave and then restarting the mission did it, the simplist of solutions sometimes, but one i didnt think of last night
Anyone playing this? Does it still needs some patches? And in terms of story, is it good or just serviceable? (i don't care about multiplayer)
The game itself is awesome and always has been. The only patches that were needed are for people like me who really care about it being JUST LIKE the original.
Well, i didn't play the original so it's all good for someone that is going to play it for the first time? And what about the bugs, i've seen people mentioning them but i don't understand what they are, something about formations? Also, does anyone know if the game have some problem with performance?
It's really sad that Gearbox won't consider making a DRM-free version. :-/
Just bought it yesterday on STEAM, I was waiting this game for so long!
Nooooooooo!!

You should`ve waited for it to be on a flash sale, it`d be even cheaper then.
Erm, unless it was on flash, in which case....Ooh noice, congrat`s ;)
YaTEdiGo: Just bought it yesterday on STEAM, I was waiting this game for so long!
One of the best decision. I will buy it too this night after I go back home.

Been waiting for a decent discount already.
fishbaits: Nooooooooo!!

It's on daily sale, which will always be equal to flash. So no, it won't get cheaper this sale.

Edit: wtf my hands. I meant daily will always be equal to flash, so no need to wait since it's the cheapest this game will go this sale.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by zeroxxx
Only related via Gearbox: I wonder if Gearbox had to give the "ok" for Telltale to eventually release Tales From The Borderlands here, or if that was purely up to Telltale as dev and publisher.
tfishell: Only related via Gearbox: I wonder if Gearbox had to give the "ok" for Telltale to eventually release Tales From The Borderlands here, or if that was purely up to Telltale as dev and publisher.
good question, maybe a lever to talk with GBX again, about bringing HWC1/2 to gog.com?

edit: maybe this is a test balloon by GBX to test gog.com? Which would mean we should all buy this game...
Post edited June 12, 2015 by shaddim

Haha, yes! :)
YaTEdiGo: Just bought it yesterday on STEAM, I was waiting this game for so long!
zeroxxx: One of the best decision. I will buy it too this night after I go back home.

Been waiting for a decent discount already.

zeroxxx: It's on daily sale, which will always be equal to flash. So no, it won't get cheaper this sale.

Edit: wtf my hands. I meant daily will always be equal to flash, so no need to wait since it's the cheapest this game will go this sale.
I think is a "must have" :)
Post edited June 12, 2015 by YaTEdiGo