It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: "I was out with some colleagues when I was suddenly kidnapped for no apparent reason. And stranger as it may sound, instead of being locked up in a cell, I'm relatively free to roam this sort of underground cave".
Is there magic in this game, and if so could you describe it a bit? Maybe an example of a spell or two.
Naszrador: Who or what kidnapped you?
muntdefems: Couldn't tell you, to be honest. I was just minding my own business, when all of a sudden a trap opened in the ground and I was sucked into this underground world.
Are you playing Crypt of the NecroDancer?
ZFR: Is there magic in this game, and if so could you describe it a bit? Maybe an example of a spell or two.
No magic in this game, sorry. Or at least none that I've been able to witness so far (I haven't completed the game yet), but from what I've seen I highly doubt that I'll be able to learn any spells or to master any magical craft.

JDelekto: Are you playing Crypt of the NecroDancer?
Nope. I don't own that game, but IIRC its protagonist isn't exactly kidnapped. Rather, she falls into some catacombs and dies from the fall (only to be revived shortly afterwards by the titular NecroDancer).

In the game I'm playing, I only lose consciousness temporarily when I'm kidnapped, but I don't die... if beings like me can actually die, which I'm not sure. :P
Post edited November 25, 2015 by muntdefems
ZFR: Is there magic in this game, and if so could you describe it a bit? Maybe an example of a spell or two.
muntdefems: No magic in this game, sorry. Or at least none that I've been able to witness so far (I haven't completed the game yet), but from what I've seen I highly doubt that I'll be able to learn any spells or to master any magical craft.

JDelekto: Are you playing Crypt of the NecroDancer?
muntdefems: Nope. I don't own that game, but IIRC its protagonist isn't exactly kidnapped. Rather, she falls into some catacombs and dies from the fall (only to be revived shortly afterwards by the titular NecroDancer).

In the game I'm playing, I only lose consciousness temporarily when I'm kidnapped, but I don't die... if beings like me can actually die, which I'm not sure. :P
Are you playing Prince of Persia?
JDelekto: Are you playing Prince of Persia?
It's not Prince of Persia either. I really cannot explain much more about the game without giving its identity away, so you really should ask me more questions about it. ;)
muntdefems: I really cannot explain much more about the game without giving its identity away, so you really should ask me more questions about it. ;)
How about the point of view?
ZFR: How about the point of view?
3rd person, 2.5D
Nothing?

OK, yesterday I said the setting was an underground cave, but actually not everything is rocks: after a while the environments change into a sort of industrial facility... and some creepy organic-looking areas as well. :S
What's the genre? Is it a classic or an indie?
ZFR: What's the genre? Is it a classic or an indie?
It's an indie game, and it can be best described as a "puzzle adventure".
muntdefems: [...] if beings like me can actually die, which I'm not sure. :P
I know that I haven't played this game yet. But this sentence made me curious:

You aren't alive... Are you a robot or a ghost?
muntdefems: [...] if beings like me can actually die, which I'm not sure. :P
RupertMurdock: I know that I haven't played this game yet. But this sentence made me curious:

You aren't alive... Are you a robot or a ghost?
Well played! I'm indeed a robot (or something robot-ish at least).
muntdefems: Well played! I'm indeed a robot (or something robot-ish at least).
Unmechanical (Extended)
:-D
RupertMurdock: Unmechanical (Extended)
:-D
Of course it is! I got it as soon as the Linux version appeared here on GOG and I've already completed it. Pity it's too short... (I'm halfway the Extended content now)

Your turn. :)
Unmechanical is in my backlog. :-)

I already posted the 'game I am playing', so letting you guess that one is pointless.
Thus I decided to post a hint for a game which I have played some ... time ago. This scene kept me busy for a while, so those of you who already played this will surely remember this game and will possibly tell us at which point you will stumple upon this:

I shouldn't have picked up that spinach dip. uuuhhh *faints*