It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Green_Hilltop: Hah, you were up quite late/early! I went to sleep right after posting this.

In case you're not familiar with the game, in Costume Quest you turn into the monsters by donning a costume and then magic happens which transforms you into them. :)
I actually suspected as much, but having never played the game didn't want to guess outright. :)
muntdefems: Considering the hints and the Halloween theme, Imma say it's Costume Quest.
Green_Hilltop: Yep! :) It's your turn!
Thanks! I beat the base game long ago, but I never managed to complete the Grubbins on Ice DLC. I should scratch that itch someday...

Anyway! Here's what I'm playing right now:

"I may very well know who I am and what are my motivations, but you as the player aren't granted this privilege until very late into the game" (or so I've read). "All you know is that I've just arrived at an almost abandoned town in search of a lost friend of mine".

"Oh, and I've got a very familiar voice." :)
Post edited November 03, 2015 by muntdefems
muntdefems: Anyway! Here's what I'm playing right now:
Could you describe the setting a bit?
muntdefems:
Awesome! Personally I've never played Costume Quest like I said, but since I recently got it from a friend I'd love to give it a go! :)

And the main character? :)

It's not Alan Wake, is it? For some reason that description me remember that game.
Post edited November 03, 2015 by Green_Hilltop
Green_Hilltop: It's not Alan Wake, is it? For some reason that description me remember that game.
No, it isn't. :)

The setting of the game is quite fantastic, as the town I mentioned earlier has been abandoned by humans... but it's overridden with monsters.

The few remaining survivors want me to stay and help them fight the monsters, but I'm only interested in finding my old friend. My search doesn't last very long though, as I run into my friend quite early... only to find him transformed into a monster. :(

So I do the right thing and I kill him. And then, when my only reason for being there has ceased to be, I decide to stay and help to poor survivors.

(And that's all I can tell you about the plot, as I still haven't played the game past this point :P)
muntdefems:
Hmmm...can you describe the town?
It's a recent release, right?
ZFR: It's a recent release, right?
Yep, pretty recent. :)

Green_Hilltop: Hmmm...can you describe the town?
Certainly! It's a very generic medievalish-fantasy kind of town. It's dark and sombre, but that's kinda normal since I arrive there at night. Before getting to the palace/fortress where I meet the few survivors, I go through several streets and an abandoned market square with a couple stalls and (quite fittingly for the current season whe're in) some piles of pumpkins.
Oh, come on! Nobody?

OK, fine, I'm a badass monster hunter, you know?

Well, not *the* most well known monster hunter 'round these parts... but I do certainly sound like him, don't I? :P
Victor Vran?
ZFR: Victor Vran?
Absolutely right! He's no Geralt, but he does have his very same voice. :P

Your turn.
I'm in the nightclub. There is supposed to be a collectible in the DJ booth, but how do I get there? I can't jump up, in fact in the Keyboard Settings, there is not Jump key to be assigned. And if I linger too much I get a "Mission Failed".
ZFR: Victor Vran?
muntdefems: Absolutely right! He's no Geralt, but he does have his very same voice. :P

Your turn.
Ah, I haven't played that game.
ZFR: I'm in the nightclub. There is supposed to be a collectible in the DJ booth, but how do I get there? I can't jump up, in fact in the Keyboard Settings, there is not Jump key to be assigned. And if I linger too much I get a "Mission Failed".
Does the game have isometric view?
Post edited November 06, 2015 by Green_Hilltop
ZFR: I'm in the nightclub. There is supposed to be a collectible in the DJ booth, but how do I get there? I can't jump up, in fact in the Keyboard Settings, there is not Jump key to be assigned. And if I linger too much I get a "Mission Failed".
Green_Hilltop: Does the game have isometric view?
Not really. Maybe from time to time in a cutscene, but not in the game itself.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...