It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Green_Hilltop: Yep, you're right! I plan on playing the game eventually (or the second one, not sure which one is better), once I buy it. Preferably with some friends. :)
Sanjuro: Both games were part of a HB bundle some time ago, and on a PWYW tier to boot. Might eventually resurface there.

You start the game as a prisoner in a cell, listening to your neighbour from the next cell mocking you and describing how you'll die here. No emperor comes around to save you, but instead a sizeable rock hits the wall, killing your neighbour and giving you a chance to escape... problem is, you have no weapons, no armor, no money, no nothing. Well, time to go look for some of those things... you might even find some companions with useful skills, who knows?
Is it an Elder Scrolls game?
Fever_Discordia: Is it an Elder Scrolls game?
No. :-)
Green_Hilltop: Yep, you're right! I plan on playing the game eventually (or the second one, not sure which one is better), once I buy it. Preferably with some friends. :)
Sanjuro: Both games were part of a HB bundle some time ago, and on a PWYW tier to boot. Might eventually resurface there.

You start the game as a prisoner in a cell, listening to your neighbour from the next cell mocking you and describing how you'll die here. No emperor comes around to save you, but instead a sizeable rock hits the wall, killing your neighbour and giving you a chance to escape... problem is, you have no weapons, no armor, no money, no nothing. Well, time to go look for some of those things... you might even find some companions with useful skills, who knows?
Daang, had it not been for the rock, I'd say Oblivion! Awesome game. Although it did disappoint me with the conversations and graphics, I did expect more immersive dialogue that reacted to your actions like the pre-release hype and interviews suggested. Graphics were good but the environment itself was too much repetitive, with grassy plains and the same forests everywhere, Morrowind was so unique and varied in this regard (also no jungle? Heresy! ....just kidding).

Hm, who are you?

And yep, but I didn't buy it at the time, didn't think I'd like to play it, but now I've changed my mind after seeing more screenshots while researching the game for this game. :) Game within a game....heh.
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Green_Hilltop
Sanjuro: You start the game as a prisoner in a cell, listening to your neighbour from the next cell mocking you and describing how you'll die here. No emperor comes around to save you, but instead a sizeable rock hits the wall, killing your neighbour and giving you a chance to escape... problem is, you have no weapons, no armor, no money, no nothing. Well, time to go look for some of those things... you might even find some companions with useful skills, who knows?
There was a scene like this in the Order of the Stick. Did they make a game out of it?
Green_Hilltop: Daang, had it not been for the rock, I'd say Oblivion! Awesome game. Although it did disappoint me with the conversations and graphics, I did expect more immersive dialogue that reacted to your actions like the pre-release hype and interviews suggested. Graphics were good but the environment itself was too much repetitive, with grassy plains and the same forests everywhere, Morrowind was so unique and varied in this regard (also no jungle? Heresy! ....just kidding).

Hm, who are you?

And yep, but I didn't buy it at the time, didn't think I'd like to play it, but now I've changed my mind after seeing more screenshots while researching the game for this game. :) Game within a game....heh.
Nah, the other prisoner was right next to your character, not across the corridor. That's why the rock that hit that cell not only put an end to all the mocking, but also broke the bars so you could escape.

The character is a man in his late thirties, maybe early forties, medium height, short dark hair, a short beard. And he is your first playable character, but not the only one BTW. :-)
ZFR: There was a scene like this in the Order of the Stick. Did they make a game out of it?
If they did, I never heard of it. :-)
I mean, no, this has nothing to do with OotS.

P.S. Geez, Galaxy!!! I forgot that it shows what game you're playing and nearly ran this game through it. That would've been awkward. :-D
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Sanjuro
ZFR: There was a scene like this in the Order of the Stick. Did they make a game out of it?
Sanjuro: If they did, I never heard of it. :-)
Ah, here is the scene I had in mind. Plus your reference to "emperor" made me think of OotS.

So I'll ask, is there an emperor related to this game that you're expecting to save you? If yes, can you describe him?
Attachments:
oots.png (91 Kb)
Sanjuro: If they did, I never heard of it. :-)
ZFR: Ah, here is the scene I had in mind. Plus your reference to "emperor" made me think of OotS.

So I'll ask, is there an emperor related to this game that you're expecting to save you? If yes, can you describe him?
No, no emperors there. It was a (probably too) subtle hint that it's not Oblivion.
The game has a certain ruler you meet in cutscenes, but I he's just called that, "ruler of" that place.

Also, yes, that ruler is supposed to save something. A certain country, to be more precise.
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Sanjuro
ZFR: Ah, here is the scene I had in mind. Plus your reference to "emperor" made me think of OotS.

Sanjuro: No, no emperors there. It was a (probably too) subtle hint that it's not Oblivion.
The game has a certain ruler you meet in cutscenes, but I he's just called that, "ruler of" that place.

Also, yes, that ruler is supposed to save something. A certain country, to be more precise.
Don't worry, it wasn't too subtle since I knew it was an Oblivion reference and Fever:Discordia asked if it was one of the Elder Scrolls games. ;)

Hm, the country rules Arx Fatalis out.

For some reason it seems really familiar, but I have no idea. What kind of enemies do you meet in the game?
Green_Hilltop: Don't worry, it wasn't too subtle since I knew it was an Oblivion reference and Fever:Discordia asked if it was one of the Elder Scrolls games. ;)

For some reason it seems really familiar, but I have no idea. What kind of enemies do you meet in the game?
In the variant I'm describing you mostly fight humans, goblins, orcs, some magical creatures (say, a demon or golems). Some of them use crossbows, others prefer to take care of your character "close up and personal", some use magic... Basically, standard general fantasy setting enemies.
Green_Hilltop: Don't worry, it wasn't too subtle since I knew it was an Oblivion reference and Fever:Discordia asked if it was one of the Elder Scrolls games. ;)

Sanjuro: In the variant I'm describing you mostly fight humans, goblins, orcs, some magical creatures (say, a demon or golems). Some of them use crossbows, others prefer to take care of your character "close up and personal", some use magic... Basically, standard general fantasy setting enemies.
What is your means of combat? Say...can you use magic or do you exclusively focus on magic, like Lichdom? ;)
Green_Hilltop: What is your means of combat? Say...can you use magic or do you exclusively focus on magic, like Lichdom? ;)
Depends on the character. The one with which you start isn't a magic user, but he can fight with melee weapons and crossbows. Later you unlock other characters, some of them are magic users.
Dropping a hint: it's an action game.
Come on, are there many action games with orcs, goblins and demons that you know of? :-)
Sanjuro: Dropping a hint: it's an action game.
Come on, are there many action games with orcs, goblins and demons that you know of? :-)
Lots of them actually but your description sounds like a game from Starbreeze Studios.
Cadaver747: Lots of them actually but your description sounds like a game from Starbreeze Studios.
What an interesting coincidence, it happens to be one of those, yes. :-)
I think, it's Enclave, isn't it?