It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TakesReign: What is your proof GOG's stance is hypocritical?
Chedo: Their actions and inactions.
Claiming hypocrisy does not in and of itself prove it.

I take it you have no proof as you have provided none, so simply feel they are being hypocritical.

Feeling so requires no supporting proof, so whatever.
Chedo: Their actions and inactions.
TakesReign: Claiming hypocrisy does not in and of itself prove it.

I take it you have no proof as you have provided none, so simply feel they are being hypocritical.

You can read, can't you? The points that prove it have already been pointed out.
TakesReign: War is not politics.

I meant what I said.

The law isn't about being beneficial or fair.

What information have you provided GOG that could be used to control you?
LootHunter: It is.

You did not.

Then what's the purpose of the law?

That's not what I said.
It isn't.

You are no position to say what I meant.

The main purpose of law is to define what is legal and not, as one would expect. Beyond that it depends on the type of law.

If you that is not what you were saying I will take it as a pointless aside unless you can establish some relevance for the statement to our discussion or otherwise to the issues at hand.
TakesReign: Claiming hypocrisy does not in and of itself prove it.

Chedo: You can read, can't you? The points that prove it have already been pointed out.
I can read, and have the many opinions of hypocrisy and associated bric-a-brac.

I recall no proof of it being established. You are aware what proof means are you not? It is no synonymous with belief, opinion, accusation, conspiracy theory and whatnot.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by TakesReign
TakesReign: I can read, and have the many opinions of hypocrisy and associated bric-a-brac.

I recall no proof of it being established. You are aware what proof means are you not? It is no synonymous with belief, opinion, accusation, conspiracy theory and whatnot.
Perhaps you should look up what hypocrisy means then.
low rated
LootHunter: It is.

You did not.

Then what's the purpose of the law?

That's not what I said.
TakesReign: It isn't.

You are no position to say what I meant.

The main purpose of law is to define what is legal and not, as one would expect. Beyond that it depends on the type of law.

If you that is not what you were saying I will take it as a pointless aside unless you can establish some relevance for the statement to our discussion or otherwise to the issues at hand.
War is politics.

I'm exactly in a position to call out your lying and manipulation. And I DO call out your manipulation as you refused to answer actual question.

What is legal and not IS the law, by definition. The the purpose of the law is not the law.

It's relevant because people can be controlled through control of information.
low rated
Magnitus: The truckers was not a good example for Canada. They were being unlawful. A democracy doesn't give you the right to do whatever the heck you want and disrupts everyone's lives in whichever way suits you. Order matters.
Democracy also provides the right to deny medical treatment, if you are being sane and you will it. It is a legal right and a humanitarian right. Post Nyremberg trials, even international agreements were singed, stating that no doctor/scientist is allowed to perform on any patient, without said patient's upfront knowledge and explicit consent.

Was it democratic, to ruin the lives of perfectly healthy civilians, just because they didn't want to get jabbed? Where and when even now, we march towards the cancelation and insignificance of jab-related credentials in daily matters? Even Great Britain doesn't require from medical personnel to be vaxed.

GogWarrior71: Gog is a video game retailer; NOT a political platform.
Are you being serious? Lots of signs over the last many years or rather, months! You missed Devotion + China? You missed that "special" June month promotion of disgusting agenda, that was advertized in front of the store, without a thread to even comment on it? Have you missed all the signs of cherry picking, favoritism and certain (thankfully not all) mods acting partially? Or the quite detailed and with arguments presented, boycott store thread etc, which is regularly the target of derailment among other things, in false hopes it is going to be locked/terminated?
Post edited March 07, 2022 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
LootHunter: What taxes? Do you pay taxes for the games you've bought?
Yes, we do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_Added_Tax
LootHunter: What taxes? Do you pay taxes for the games you've bought?
octalot: Yes, we do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_Added_Tax
If I understand correctly, Valve is the one who pays the tax. Not you.
low rated
StingingVelvet: The Russian people have allowed this madman to run the country as a dictator for decades now, and have shown they won't stop him. Therefore the rest of the world has decided to cut you off from the world and destroy your economy to persuade you to change your minds, or to weaken and isolate you if you won't.

In other words, fair or not this is all targeted at your populace as much as Putin. It's by design.
-So, hey guys, brainstorm time! We got this mad dictator who is invading neighboring countries and threatening the rest of the world with nuclear weapons. What should we do about it?
-Well. Have we tried actually listening to his concerns? Maybe try to find some compromise through diplomacy?
-No! Another idea, go!
-We can try to impose restrictive sanctions on regular people of his state, deny them access to entertainment, medicine, travel and business and treat them as second-class human beings all over the world, therefore enforcing the dictator propaganda's narrative about "Western Enemies", spreading the hate and swaying more people of his country to support him?
-YES! That! Let's do that!!
LootHunter: If I understand correctly, Valve is the one who pays the tax. Not you.
In terms of where the money comes from and where it goes to, what's the difference? It's just a matter of who has to do the paperwork.

For international sales there are rules on which country gets the tax, and for games it's (at least for the EU) based on where the customer is, not the supplier.
LootHunter: If I understand correctly, Valve is the one who pays the tax. Not you.
octalot: In terms of where the money comes from and where it goes to, what's the difference? It's just a matter of who has to do the paperwork.
And if Valve simply won't pay tax to Russia?
Since this is a duplicate and against our Code of Conduct, I will be closing the thread.