It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Swedrami: No need to further explain or defend yourself, as far as I'm concerned.
You've said your piece, providing a much needed glimpse behind the curtain (again, much appreciated) in the process, and explained the reasons why Selaco won't appear on GoG, at least for now... and that's that.

Again, an In-Dev release would have been nice, but as long as Selaco is coming to GoG at all (closer to full release I guess?), at least I can live with whatever delay it takes until then.
Appreciated! Apologies if I made it seem like I am shooting GOG down completely.

Ill probably give it a shot closer to release. Just to safe, feel free to join our Discord where I will make an announcement once I have an update (discord.gg/qDvNcMmSee).
Pretty informative thread it seems like. It's too bad they didn't match the effort. Especially with this much action.
I think this is the most I've seen a game be pushed to be on here. At least in real-time and while i've been active.
Anyways, thread saved. Useful for other devs.
pkk234: Pretty informative thread it seems like. It's too bad they didn't match the effort. Especially with this much action.
I think this is the most I've seen a game be pushed to be on here. At least in real-time and while i've been active.
Absolutely! Like I mentioned, it has been very heart-warming to see this type of support here. Especially given how hostile the internet can be a times. The GOG forums are very different in that regard! It partially makes me feel guilty for not pulling through, but for now I want to put the game first and focus on distribution later.

Hopefully the future will be bright!
Post edited June 25, 2021 by Wesley_de_Waart
pkk234: Pretty informative thread it seems like. It's too bad they didn't match the effort. Especially with this much action.
Wesley_de_Waart: Absolutely! Like I mentioned, it has been very heart-warming to see this type of support here. Especially given how hostile the internet can be a times. The GOG forums are very different in that regard! It partially makes me feel guilty for not pulling through, but for now I want to put the game first and focus on distribution later.

Hopefully the future will be bright!
I don't think anyone here can be outraged by the fact that Selaco might not be coming to GOG right away, after all you are a small company and it's understandable that you have a lot of work and are always under stress.

I'd just like to strike a blow in favor of GOG: their requests are more than legitimate, since it's a store that selects its games and tries to promote them at best, unlike the Steam cesspool.

So requesting a working build from a team they don't know is more than legitimate to avoid fraud and other shenanigans, and it doesn't mean they don't respect the work of others. Knowing the launch period and future plans for the game is also a way to plan for advertising coverage and make sure it doesn't get infested with microtransactions, DRM, or get dropped on GOG.

Despite these precautions there are already problematic games that have rightfully incurred the anger of many users, so trying to prevent these situations is the least GOG can do.

Having said that, it's more than legitimate that you want to avoid these practices in order to focus on the game and resubmit it later when you're more comfortable. The game looks very promising, so I wish you good luck!
Understandable that gog wants a test build but so is your decision to not provide them with one after all that's happened...or rather didn't. :/

In any case I wish you and your team all the best.
I'm still hoping for a release later down the road. :)
This game looks fun, hopefully we'll see a release here someday. Being powered by GZDoom engine is literally a must buy in my book.
Just saw the trailer at Realms Deep 2021, did some research on whether the game will be released on GOG and I stumble upon this...

Honestly, GOG, you've really dropped the ball on this one.

We can only hope that Selaco will one day be available here, the same way Riddle of the Sphinx eventually arrived here...
Oh well, at least we got Later Daters! :o)
fronzelneekburm: Oh well, at least we got Later Daters! :o)
Let's not use this thread for bashing other games just because we personally aren't interested in them (judging by the Steam page, Later Daters seems to be at least a decent choice for people who are into that sort of game).

The issue isn't that some games "shouldn't be on GOG", the issue is that Selaco looks like the type of game that definitely should be on GOG.
The dev was planning to submit it again closer to full release, wasn't he?
So we're just missing out on the in-development release.
I bet they needed the space for Visual novels and dating sims, cause that's how a store gets money.
Swedrami: The dev was planning to submit it again closer to full release, wasn't he?
So we're just missing out on the in-development release.
Hopefully, yes. That's assuming GOG curation will accept the game then, of course.

Also: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/retro-shooter-selaco-looks-better-and-better-in-3-minute-gameplay-video
"It looks like a proper game" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
Just take RPS' word for it that it's not a scam, GOG :P
fronzelneekburm: Oh well, at least we got Later Daters! :o)
Exsurgent: Let's not use this thread for bashing other games just because we personally aren't interested in them (judging by the Steam page, Later Daters seems to be at least a decent choice for people who are into that sort of game).

The issue isn't that some games "shouldn't be on GOG", the issue is that Selaco looks like the type of game that definitely should be on GOG.
It's the same issue - the issue of GOG's "curation" not making any goddamn sense.
low rated
Bump
Do your job GOG.
low rated
Has the smell of a money-grab, using bullying to get distributors.

Maybe it isn't.

But it SMELLS like it.