It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sale looks pretty weak so far.
I also wonder about no news. Maybe more will come but I don't expect much.
Post edited June 19, 2024 by RPGler
RPGler: The sale looks pretty weak so far.
I also wonder about no news. Maybe more will come but I don't expect much.
I'm pretty sure there'll be a couple surprises during the sale, but it started off somewhat weak I agree.

Maybe there'll be a second wave of new games in an hour? :)
I'm sure some surprises will come along during the sale, but if GOG have something big and/or cool to release, why not doing it in the first day of sale? It would create a much more big of an impact. After all, first impressions still count a lot.

Now, it seems that there's this feeling of underwhelming across the users that post on the forums. Don't really understand this decision of not going with a bang on the first day. You did it in past sales of previous years. Not continuing the trend is a mistake imo.

Edit: fix typos
Post edited June 19, 2024 by bluethief
bluethief: I'm sure some surprises will come along during the sale, but if GOG have something big and/or cool to release, why not doing it in the first day of sale? It would create a much more big of an impact. After all, first impressions still count a lot.

Now, it seems that there's this feel of underwhelming across the users that post on the forums. Don't really understand this decision of not going with a bang on the first day. You did it past sales of precious years, not continuing the trend is a mistake imo.
For sure. Personally, I think there's been a hiccup, I mean there still isn't a news post about the sale. Maybe something went wrong and they're trying to fix it.
bluethief: I'm sure some surprises will come along during the sale, but if GOG have something big and/or cool to release, why not doing it in the first day of sale? It would create a much more big of an impact. After all, first impressions still count a lot.

Now, it seems that there's this feel of underwhelming across the users that post on the forums. Don't really understand this decision of not going with a bang on the first day. You did it past sales of precious years, not continuing the trend is a mistake imo.
NuffCatnip: For sure. Personally, I think there's been a hiccup, I mean there still isn't a news post about the sale. Maybe something went wrong and they're trying to fix it.
I think that as well. GOG doesn't work as properly since last year with the job cuts and technical problems can happen all the time.
Last year they dropped Yakuza on the second week.

I have to agree with this, there's no reason not to start the sale with one big, fat release, you're sabotaging the impact if you really have something good coming up "soon"
If there's more than one game/series prepared then sure, leave one for the next week, but a big sale needs a big kick off
I didn't expect a banger release right away. Because it takes some time for people to actually notice that the GOG's Summer Sale has started. The majority of customers don't regularly check forum, newsletters, twitter etc.
Same with freebies/ giveaways. Start too early an they are expired before most people even realize that there is something special to watch out for.
Post edited June 19, 2024 by g2222
Valid points!

g2222: I didn't expect a banger release right away. Because it takes some time for people to actually notice that the GOG's Summer Sale has started. The majority of customers don't regularly check forum, newsletters, twitter etc.
Same with freebies/ giveaways. Start too early an they are expired before most people even realize that there is something special to watch out for.
Hmm . I thought they will add more discounted games to the sale during this week .
Post edited June 27, 2024 by Oriza-Triznyák
Oriza-Triznyák: Hmm . I thought they will add more discounted games to the sale during this week .
This is pure speculation, but I would not be surprised if this happened at some point after the Steam summer sale starts so that publishers who want their games to be on sale on all storefronts simultaneously get their wish.
I can only assume they're saving some things for the last week
when's the next sale you reckon?
CappahUK: when's the next sale you reckon?
Looking at the past years, it seems like we might get something at the end of august/start of september.
Back to School sale is coming next week with a lot of surprises ;)
Post edited August 19, 2024 by erbello