It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*Sigh*

I told Bookwyrm I'd get him lynched...

So I think else is looking a little better now (or worse depending on if cristi actually flips town or not) for being the only one who seems to be doing any real thinking about cristi's claim.

When I flip town I think... I don't know honestly. My two top town reads have subbed out, most of the players are largely unknown to me and I'm finding it hard to read and Lift, bler, cristi and ZFR now too all seem to be doing their best impressions of scum.

Deputy is a perfect safe fake claim. There is not likely to be one in the game, Vitek's Miller flip suggests a cop would be present.
And with one claimed vanilla already the best cristi can come up with is it must be a role heavy game?

Let me restate this;
We have essentially a roleblocking ability in the brig.
We have presumably a scum team of three with thirteen players.
We have a claimed roleblocker (who I think is pretty town, not sure about everyone else's feelings).
We probably do have a cop.

Ok, both the brig and a roleblocker can be anti town if targets are chosen poorly, but all town needs is a few lucky hits and scum are all but wiped out. Scum need 4 successful NKs and 4 town lynches from day 1 to win this without any roles whatsoever, how are they supposed to stand a chance with two cops, a roleblocker and any other roles possibly on the table?
And no, a Godfather doesn't cut it.
Lifthrasil: I think your mentioning of Sleepers was exactly that: a signal to your unknown buddies that You are the hidden Traitor. Am I correct?
cristigale: No. This type of argument is what's convincing me that you're trying too hard to paint me scum. Just like I don't buy that you actually think this is how scum!Hyper and scum!Me act as a team.
Which is exactly what you have to write if you are scum. I think as town you would see the danger of scum communication hidden in plain sight.

As for your claim, it's the perfect false claim: a PR that hasn't any power yet and can't be expected to provide any reads or actions that can be verified. Also I don't think a backup cop would balance a Godfather or any other false-read role. It's more a role to offset a higher number of nightkills. At least the only game that used backups that I have been in so far was one that had both a Mafia and a SK. But we had only one NK.
Then there is the fact that you claimed at L-3 without any real pressure, while yesterday, in a much more time-critical situation at L-2 you 'needed time' to claim. I find that unbelievable.

I still prefer lynching you. Either we reveal you as scum and can exploit any connections that have become visible about you. Or we lose a backup-role, which is not that big of a deal as long as the real cop is alive. Also, if you are town, now that you have claimed, you wouldn't survive the real cop long and you also have narrowed the field a bit for scum searching the real cop.

I see that two have already jumped off you. But I'll stick around on you. I still think you are strategically our best lynch.

If that doesn't go anywhere, my next preferred candidate would still be HSL. Even after cooling down I find him very scummy - and, sorry if this comes over cynically - lynching him now would remove the need for another replacement. In addition to trent's replacement.

My suspicion of elebutterfly has actually reduced. She wrote some sensible stuff. So she drops off my 'might also be scum' list to neutral territory and is replaced by flubb. So if y'all don't want to lynch cristi or HSL, I could also get behind lynching flubb. He's still kind of scummy, as always, mostly because he is utterly useless, not contributing any reads. So he might be scum again hiding behind his flubbiness or he is utterly useless town and no big loss.

As for brig, I could happily get behind brigging either flubb or ZFR. I already provided the reasoning for brigging ZFR and it hasn't changed. brigging flubb just takes his inscrutability out of the game so that we don't have to worry about him doing anything evil at night. Also, using the brig today would actually lower the lynch requirement by one and might help getting a lynch today! Because right now we're re-enacting the back and forth that lead to the disaster of Yesterday.

So, what to you all think? Brig yay or nay? And if yay, rather ZFR or Flubb?
ZFR: Unvote HSL
Vote adaliabooks
Why not cristi?

Wait.... wait, cristi, you didn’t post your Crew designation..? What is it?
EBWOP

Never mind I just saw you posted it... apologies! I’m having a bad morning apparently.

But wait... This got me thinking and I checked back to D1. SPF never gave us a crew designation. First to claim in the game, of course but... ZFR did when he claimed.

SPF? What’s your crew title?
Lifthrasil: As for brig, I could happily get behind brigging either flubb or ZFR. I already provided the reasoning for brigging ZFR and it hasn't changed. brigging flubb just takes his inscrutability out of the game so that we don't have to worry about him doing anything evil at night. Also, using the brig today would actually lower the lynch requirement by one and might help getting a lynch today! Because right now we're re-enacting the back and forth that lead to the disaster of Yesterday.

So, what to you all think? Brig yay or nay? And if yay, rather ZFR or Flubb?
I can see the sense of brigging ZFR and if we were going to use it at all I'd choose him over flub as he is claimed vanilla so shouldn't have any power that we are restricting.

This is my problem.
We have ZFR - claimed vanilla, reasonable suspicion. Not likely to be NK'd.
We have cristi - claimed PR, but not one likely to be NK'd. Reasonable suspicion. Not likely to be NK'd.
We have flub - flub. Not likely to be NK'd.

Any of them can be scum or town and aren't likely to be resolved without a cop read or a lynch. And it would take the rest of the game to clear them all by doing either (nevermind the fact the second one would require a cop to survive long enough to get and give their reads).

I know you're not likely to believe me, and for most I'm probably on that list too. But if you lynch me and I flip town, where do you go from there?
What does it tell you about any of those three?
What does it tell you about anyone else?

Sure, if I flip scum that's probably some indication of something, but I'm not going to so I'd like you all to least consider where you're gonna go tomorrow.
flubbucket: Unvote: cristigale

Vote: Lifthrasil
bler144: I mean, would it kill you to provide any explanation at all?

Of the 11 options you have on the table, why Lift? And working backwards, do you believe cristi's claim, or is this purely a tactical move?
After sleeping on it I'm thinking......

Two cops and a roleblocker for town isn't likely.

So what does mafia have as roles??

"Town" roleblocker seems least likely.

Unvote: Lifthrasil

Vote: SirPrimalform
flubbucket: After sleeping on it I'm thinking......

Really? Less likely than a backup cop in a setup with probably only 1 NK/night? Why? This is not a rhetorical question. I really want to understand why you think the roleblocker less likely.

adaliabooks: I can see the sense of brigging ZFR and if we were going to use it at all I'd choose him over flub as he is claimed vanilla so shouldn't have any power that we are restricting.
OK.

unbrig flubb
brig ZFR
brig ZFR
flubbucket: After sleeping on it I'm thinking......

Lifthrasil: Really? Less likely than a backup cop in a setup with probably only 1 NK/night? Why? This is not a rhetorical question. I really want to understand why you think the roleblocker less likely.

adaliabooks: I can see the sense of brigging ZFR and if we were going to use it at all I'd choose him over flub as he is claimed vanilla so shouldn't have any power that we are restricting.
Lifthrasil: OK.

unbrig flubb
brig ZFR
I stated a "TOWN" roleblocker.

A cop and backup cop can be sorted out.

However a Day One claimed town power role left alive by scum is suspicious.
The "it's always sunny in Britain" votecount.

Lynch:

cristigale - 3 (Lifthrasil, adaliaBookwyrms, elebutterfly)
adaliaBookwyrms - 2 (cristigale, ZFR)
HypersomniacLive - 1 (Damnation)
elebutterfly - 1 (SirPrimalform)
SirPrimalform - 1 (flubbucket)

Brig:

flubbucket - 4 (SirPrimalform, ZFR, JoeSapphire, elebutterfly)
ZFR - 2 (Lifthrasil, adaliaBookwyrms)

With 12 active players, it takes 7 votes to reach a consensus.

The deadline for the end of Day 2 is Saturday 21st of July at 23:00 UTC.

bler144: - stop game -
- unstop -
I've messaged zeo to check how he's getting on.
Sorry my absence, just starting a catch up now.
cristigale: <claimy_mcclaimface>
Woah! Ok. My first instinct is to believe this. However, it occurs to me that this would be quite a good choice for a false claim. Someone claiming cop on anything after the first day would be expected to offer some results. While it's easy to fake these results as scum, there's the chance you might be caught out by a watcher if you didn't really visit the people you claimed. Backup cop seems like a very safe falseclaim while the cop is alive since you're not expected to produce any results yet but are not considered as 'worthless' as a VT.

Cristi, you were one of the people to speculate about some kind of sleeper early on. Can you offer any additional insight into the thinking behind that statement now we know your claim?

bler144: Possible, but I tend to think it unlikely. Miller is already anti-town. 8 town + miller vs. 3 mafia + traitor balances....how? An RB of either alignment (of course role is still unconfirmed) throws an even bigger wrench into that.
Hmm, if we're to believe cristi's claim this no longer looks so far-fetched.

ZFR: Anyone willing to do a Bookwyrm/adalia wagon?

I ISOed him/them and the scum vibe I was getting only increased. Lots of posts from adalia that pretend to be scum hunting without much real substance.
I'd support it, I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone as I've had him down as scum since late D1.

adaliabooks: I'm struggling to see how a set up with two cops becomes balanced... Cop is the most OP PR there is, for town to have a back up as well... what do scum have to balance this?
I wonder this too. I guess the miller goes some way towards sowing confusion and disadvantaging town but it's not enough. Godfather seems like a possibility.

elebutterfly: That should of course read “losing the Deputy is not an intolerable position”
Is that you Donald?

elebutterfly: EBWOP

Never mind I just saw you posted it... apologies! I’m having a bad morning apparently.

But wait... This got me thinking and I checked back to D1. SPF never gave us a crew designation. First to claim in the game, of course but... ZFR did when he claimed.

SPF? What’s your crew title?
I'm a Crew Captain. I was worried about directly copying and pasting my PM when I claimed so I omitted it as it didn't seem too pertinent to my role (at the time). I figure since ZFR wasn't warned, it's either fine or he was lying. If I get warned, we'll know who to lynch. :P

Ok, I've caught up!

unvote elebutterfly since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I prefer the bookwagon (as previously stated) but would support the cristiwagon if that's the way it goes. I don't outright disbelieve cristi's claim... but it does come across like a convenient falseclaim.

Vote adaliaBookwyrms for now.

Flub is still my preferred candidate for brigging but I can definitely see the argument for ZFR.
SirPrimalform: Cristi, you were one of the people to speculate about some kind of sleeper early on. Can you offer any additional insight into the thinking behind that statement now we know your claim?
No, sorry, I can not add anything. The sleeper was purely my conjecture prior to the game starting. In the sign-up thread, the mod side-stepped Hyper's question about the possibility of a cult in game. I don't like cult games. One of my intentions when I watched the miniseries was to see if there was any indication that a cult might exist based on the story. The sleeper was the only thing that stood out. It made me feel better about signing up. I have NO knowledge of a sleeper actually being in the game.
cristigale: No, sorry, I can not add anything. The sleeper was purely my conjecture prior to the game starting. In the sign-up thread, the mod side-stepped Hyper's question about the possibility of a cult in game. I don't like cult games. One of my intentions when I watched the miniseries was to see if there was any indication that a cult might exist based on the story. The sleeper was the only thing that stood out. It made me feel better about signing up. I have NO knowledge of a sleeper actually being in the game.
I was just wondering if knowing the game had two cops influenced your thinking. TownYou might have been expecting a powerful scumteam based on your role so I was wondering if that's where the idea came from.
Ok, I’m back :-)

*Out of game*
My issue for leaving the game is something that will be addressed after the game is over and in private, I am back and 100% ready to play. I wanted to say I have really enjoyed this game, especially playing with the founding members of forum mafia here on GOG, y’all make me smile and am glad I came back myself to play. The energy y’all bring to the game is positive and most welcome, I look forward to lynching or killing each and every one of you in a game at some point :-)

GOG mafia has been an extremely positive in my life as I will do everything I can to make sure it stays that way.

*In game*

Vote cristigale

Very interesting role claim, but I’m not sure I buy it. You were concerned at the end of Day 1 about claiming and once you do claim it’s with a role that does nothing unless the Town Cop dies (if there even is a cop in the game). At the end of Day 1 that made you expendable as town and you should have taken the lynch for us, and since you made sure to hint at a power role to stop your lynch and then reveal one the is hard to swallow I think you’re lying.