It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still posting from phone.. this is painful.

Oh dear... I’m sorry to see you go Hyper. Stay safe out there.

unvote HypersomniacLive

Well. Both my key suspects are being replaced...Three and a half replacements already. No wonder we all are getting complacent.

Aie aie, unfortunate timing with the claim! I had to look that up. This caught my eye from Mafia Scum:
A Deputy is used to ensure that the Cop role stays in the game even if the first person holding the role dies. To that end, it is vaguely similar in power to giving a Cop one shot of death immunity. This is fairly good for Town; so Deputy is not often seen except in games with variable sanity, Cop-themed games, or in games with no Cop at all
As for Geata... I guess it doesn’t not make sense, but then again it’s not as neat in the same way Miller-Baltar was. Deputy is a pretty safe claim to invent, given it’s apparently not a common role.

If true, what the frak does the scum have on their side that makes a Town Deputy necessary for balance...?

I don’t like adalia’s tip-toeing around cop discussion. That smells a wee bit fishy.

Claim recap:
SPF - town roleblocker
ZFR - VT
cristi - town deputy

Flips:
Vitek - Town Miller

I can get behind the “brig flub” movement tonight. My vote puts him at B-3, I think. If he’s brigged, reminder that we will only need 6 to lynch.
I would still push cristi at this point. I find the claim suspect.. if I were to be convinced otherwise, I would go for adaliaWrym.

unbrig trenton
brig flubbucket

vote cristi
That’s L-2, 5 votes.
HypersomniacLive: I've requested a replacement. Good luck everyone, and cheers.
Lifthrasil: What? Why? I hope it isn't because of my attack on you? I'm really sorry! I still think you're a Cylon, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to play with you. My personal attack was really uncalled for. I got carried away and if I am the reason that you want to leave, then I ask you officially for forgiveness and ask you to stay!
I gave you a hard time over the Drealmer comment, but the clear answer lies in another thread. Probably best not brought in here explicitly even though it's clearly resonating.

So don't beat yourself up.

That's what you have me here for, after all! ;)

cristigale: I was soured by what I saw last night out of thread (as well as being dead tired) and felt worse this morning. After venting a bit to the mod, I'm back on. We are starting to approach the 24 mark and need some focus. So here's my claim:

I am Felix Gaeta (Town Deputy)
I am a backup Cop.

If you believe me, great. My preference would be to focus on one of adalia, lift or flub. If you don't believe me, then I actually agree that my lynch will provide some direction which seems sorely lacking.
Huh. I didn't see that coming, but it might actually explain some things. If fake!claim that's pretty frakking impressive.

Go back to Lift's godfather theory. Miller (esp. Miller+Godfather) either potentially means no cop at all, which I considered, or some other array of mechanisms to balance. This would be one legit way to balance at least the miller component vs. cop that hadn't occurred to me. Puts Godfather theory at least in the realm of possibility.

With that in mind I might suggest we alter course and brig ZFR instead of flub.

Your formatting looks different, which is notable, maybe, but probably not of use. In theory it would be Felix Gaeta, Town Deputy (backup Cop), no? I mean, if you were fakeclaiming you would have made more care to copy directly from the town example in Post #1, presumably?

cristigale: I think scum!adalia points to scum!zfr and makes Damnation look town.
ZFR: Wait, why? And why?

I'd see scum!adalia as slightly implicating scum!HSL. Why does it point to me and clear Damnation?
Not taking sides, but theorycrafting connections seems a bit moot without knowing scum!adalia vs. town!adalia. But if I were taking sides, I'd tend to agree with cristi. Also commented at the time that exchange felt T/W. If scum!wyrm he came out swinging for some reason, but it could be personal and not explicitly connection-to-ZFR-related.

adaliabooks: I'm struggling to see how a set up with two cops becomes balanced... Cop is the most OP PR there is, for town to have a back up as well... what do scum have to balance this?

Assuming SPF is town too, the scum team must pack some serious fire power.
Sure, the Miller role is a balance to a town cop, and a godfather would be too... but I'm not sure this adds up.
You already have a town Miller on the table, that takes you a lot of the way there. As above, add a godfather, and voila, you've got a 1/6 chance cop gets a bad read on N1, and one that potentially gets her/him killed, even before adjusting for the chance cop gets outed D1, or RBed, or NKed.

But I would agree that Miller by itself probably wouldn't explain the backup, even if they're certainly related. Now if there's a backup backup Cop, that would really be telling.

Personally I don't assume SPF is town, but even town!RB isn't exactly a role without significant downside. So don't overstate the power in the role. At least jailer has a protection function - RB just interferes with other folks, who are at least predominantly likely to be town.

I think you all are missing the most important thing here - cristi said "backup cop." If she's telling the truth that almost certainly means...

no parity cop.

Very sad. I will need a moment of silence.

cristigale: Didn't someone compare him [Joe] to flub?

No. This type of argument is what's convincing me that you're trying too hard to paint me scum. Just like I don't buy that you actually think this is how scum!Hyper and scum!Me act as a team.
1) That would be adalia.
2) Well, WIFOM, but yeah, I don't see it either.

unvote Cristi

My preference would be adalia. I can see the raw utility in lynching cristi, perhaps, but, and you probably haven't heard me say this at all, but I just don't see this as scum!cristi.

It would certainly be amusing if she fake-claimed backup cop and there turned out to be no town cop at all.

adalia has been back and forth, but I would say that slot overall is the one I have the most questions about, and whether it's fair or no, I think swapping back to Bookwyrm D3 at this point makes that slot an even bigger mess, even compared to the two brand new subs coming in mid-day (presumably) imo.

The only thing that would make me sad is that if it is scum!adalia he seems too bummed to really give us one of his amazing fake claims.
Unvote: cristigale

Vote: Lifthrasil
elebutterfly: As for Geata... I guess it doesn’t not make sense, but then again it’s not as neat in the same way Miller-Baltar was. Deputy is a pretty safe claim to invent, given it’s apparently not a common role.
Sure it does - look at the occupation season (from the wiki):

"Gaeta continues to serve as President Baltar's Chief of Staff throughout the Cylon occupation. However, he also acts as a spy for the resistance, providing them with information on security, personnel in the New Caprica Police, and radio frequencies."

That's ...exactly what a cop would do in this context, no? Other than perhaps the radio frequencies bit.

I'm hesitant we should just rush to accept that this is a flavour-driven game, but ...it definitely fits.

The other thing I would say is that Deputy isn't a particularly safe claim - for one, even if not likely to draw a counterclaim, it's not guaranteed to keep you from eating the lynch anyway, and if you claim "Backup cop" and the next flip is "Town role cop" you're pretty much definitely getting lynched.

But with the Miller ...and the suggestion of Godfather-ZFR...in play, I'm inclined to not disbelieve it, personally. And note that scum presumably didn't see the flip until D2 either, and no daychat, so if this is a calculated gamble, this is entirely of her making.

Is she good enough to fake it? Yes. I just don't know that it's what she would fake vs. like, "commuter" which is also moderately rare, also explains why you aren't going to die for a night or three, and isn't likely to be undercut by other flips, and could have been worked up before she saw Vitek's flip.

/shrug
flubbucket: Unvote: cristigale

Vote: Lifthrasil
I mean, would it kill you to provide any explanation at all?

Of the 11 options you have on the table, why Lift? And working backwards, do you believe cristi's claim, or is this purely a tactical move?
Lifthrasil: What? Why? I hope it isn't because of my attack on you? I'm really sorry! I still think you're a Cylon, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to play with you. My personal attack was really uncalled for. I got carried away and if I am the reason that you want to leave, then I ask you officially for forgiveness and ask you to stay!
bler144: I gave you a hard time over the Drealmer comment, but the clear answer lies in another thread. Probably best not brought in here explicitly even though it's clearly resonating.

So don't beat yourself up.

That's what you have me here for, after all! ;)

cristigale: I was soured by what I saw last night out of thread (as well as being dead tired) and felt worse this morning. After venting a bit to the mod, I'm back on. We are starting to approach the 24 mark and need some focus. So here's my claim:

I am Felix Gaeta (Town Deputy)
I am a backup Cop.

If you believe me, great. My preference would be to focus on one of adalia, lift or flub. If you don't believe me, then I actually agree that my lynch will provide some direction which seems sorely lacking.
bler144: Huh. I didn't see that coming, but it might actually explain some things. If fake!claim that's pretty frakking impressive.

Go back to Lift's godfather theory. Miller (esp. Miller+Godfather) either potentially means no cop at all, which I considered, or some other array of mechanisms to balance. This would be one legit way to balance at least the miller component vs. cop that hadn't occurred to me. Puts Godfather theory at least in the realm of possibility.

With that in mind I might suggest we alter course and brig ZFR instead of flub.

Your formatting looks different, which is notable, maybe, but probably not of use. In theory it would be Felix Gaeta, Town Deputy (backup Cop), no? I mean, if you were fakeclaiming you would have made more care to copy directly from the town example in Post #1, presumably?

ZFR: Wait, why? And why?

I'd see scum!adalia as slightly implicating scum!HSL. Why does it point to me and clear Damnation?
bler144: Not taking sides, but theorycrafting connections seems a bit moot without knowing scum!adalia vs. town!adalia. But if I were taking sides, I'd tend to agree with cristi. Also commented at the time that exchange felt T/W. If scum!wyrm he came out swinging for some reason, but it could be personal and not explicitly connection-to-ZFR-related.

adaliabooks: I'm struggling to see how a set up with two cops becomes balanced... Cop is the most OP PR there is, for town to have a back up as well... what do scum have to balance this?

Assuming SPF is town too, the scum team must pack some serious fire power.
Sure, the Miller role is a balance to a town cop, and a godfather would be too... but I'm not sure this adds up.
bler144: You already have a town Miller on the table, that takes you a lot of the way there. As above, add a godfather, and voila, you've got a 1/6 chance cop gets a bad read on N1, and one that potentially gets her/him killed, even before adjusting for the chance cop gets outed D1, or RBed, or NKed.

But I would agree that Miller by itself probably wouldn't explain the backup, even if they're certainly related. Now if there's a backup backup Cop, that would really be telling.

Personally I don't assume SPF is town, but even town!RB isn't exactly a role without significant downside. So don't overstate the power in the role. At least jailer has a protection function - RB just interferes with other folks, who are at least predominantly likely to be town.

I think you all are missing the most important thing here - cristi said "backup cop." If she's telling the truth that almost certainly means...

no parity cop.

Very sad. I will need a moment of silence.

cristigale: Didn't someone compare him [Joe] to flub?

No. This type of argument is what's convincing me that you're trying too hard to paint me scum. Just like I don't buy that you actually think this is how scum!Hyper and scum!Me act as a team.
bler144: 1) That would be adalia.
2) Well, WIFOM, but yeah, I don't see it either.

unvote Cristi

My preference would be adalia. I can see the raw utility in lynching cristi, perhaps, but, and you probably haven't heard me say this at all, but I just don't see this as scum!cristi.

It would certainly be amusing if she fake-claimed backup cop and there turned out to be no town cop at all.

adalia has been back and forth, but I would say that slot overall is the one I have the most questions about, and whether it's fair or no, I think swapping back to Bookwyrm D3 at this point makes that slot an even bigger mess, even compared to the two brand new subs coming in mid-day (presumably) imo.

The only thing that would make me sad is that if it is scum!adalia he seems too bummed to really give us one of his amazing fake claims.
Town Deputy is my role. Backup cop was my paraphrase so it was clear what it represented. I also have a position on board the ship, Crew Lieutenant, which I omitted. I only quoted my name and role.
I meant to omit all but the pertinent part of that last post. Hate it when I do that. <scream>

I'm fine joining bler on adaila. From what I remember there is more support there for possible votes than Lift.

Vote adaila
Someday I am going to remember this:

Unvote Lift
Vote adalia Sorry for the previous mis-spelling
I'm torn between voting adalia now and waiting for the two subs to at least make an appearance.

As much as I like zeo personally...his recent forum activity (and his pre-game warnings in the sign-up thread) suggest he probably won't be a super active contributor, and I would wager 100 baltars he hasn't been following the game at all. I checked and he's currently doing exactly what I thought he was probably doing with his evening.

That's not a criticism, just an observation. He was pretty straight up and it is what it is.

And still waiting to even see who/when HSL will have a sub.

With 2 players of 12 awol, and 7=maj...I really don't have a good feeling about this.

Sigh.

(pre-post refresh)

cristigale: Someday I am going to remember this:

Unvote Lift
Vote adalia Sorry for the previous mis-spelling
You did the same D1 (#447) and poppy counted your vote anyway based on the votecount (#507). I was actually curious for a moment if it was intentional, but nothing else really supported that theory at the time.

I went back and looked at what poppy said to you when you asked early in D1, and it was basically that they "preferred" you unvote for their tracking purposes, but it doesn't seem to be specifically required. Or perhaps it's potentially inconsistent, IDK.
- stop game -
On the one hand, I feel like I should apologize for my prior post, and would understand if the mod elects to remove me (though I don't think a modkill of my slot would be particularly fair, esp. under the circumstances, and I'm not sure how deep the pool of other available subs is). I should not have gone to spy that zeo was not on gog but was instead ...doing what he tends to do most evenings.

Fair enough. Perhaps I am wrong and he is fully caught up and ready to jump right in productively later this very evening.

I am struggling personally with the current gamestate, is the short version and that's not on anyone by myself.

I wrote more, but as it risks diverting the game will PM my other concerns to either the mod or GoGfather offline.

- unstop -
cristigale: I'm still re-reading, Why Hyper?
Adalia mentioned a few times my attack on HSL was too aggressive. Which it might have been of course.
Unvote HSL
Vote adaliabooks
I’m getting a little nervous that we are repeating the pattern from D1. A push, they claim, we all back off and push someone else, they claim, we back off...

I’m terms of mislynches I don’t think losing the Deputy is an intolerable position. It’s a pretty safe falseclaim, I feel. The only thing it infers is a cop (standard) and a powerful scumteam (bonus points for making us get alarmed about that). But I don’t have the playing experience to be sure about that. I also must play believing this is not a bastard variation as the wiki mentions, so balance really is the only option to explain a Deputy.

I am still happy to push cristi. There are a few things that still stick out in her play. Lemme go get my laptop and pull them all out, there will be another post from me later today IRL.

That said I could happily switch to adalia, off the top of my head for suggesting ZFR should have hammered himself and for the fishy business defending cristi’s claim. I was also very much pro-bookworm lynch on D1 and nothing I have seen so far from this slot has made me severely reconsider that.
EBWOP : adaliawyrm never said ZFR should have hammered himself, they expressed surprise that he didn’t vote for himself. Sorry for the misrepresentation, I got confused by my own reference to a previous game in a previous post.
EBWOAP:

That should of course read “losing the Deputy is not an intolerable position”

I’m going to get some more coffee now... -_-