It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: You stated scum would decide to not perform the night kill, in order to create a WIFOM situation since others would think the night kill was not done due to the only scum left being brig. [...]
HypersomniacLive: That's not what he's saying though.
?
I thought that's what he's saying here:
flubbucket: While I do find the brigging mechanic interesting, I'm struggling with the WIFOM aspect which could be exploited by scum...e.g. Not using night kill and then blaming it on the jailed player.
Damnation: I do support fishing for power roles.
Is this accurate?
It seems to me there is a lot of smoke screens being put up so we will not focus on a lynch, I think scum is trying to distract everyone so we end the day in a no lynch or a rushed lynch of a townie
Damnation: EBWOP

Should have been "don't", not do...
I wonder if this typo will bite me hard in the goat? [...]
Typo, Freudian slip... not much difference, eh?

Damnation: [...] It's an odd gambit his suggesting, and I'm almost certain he's got something to gain from this, in some strange manner.
Does "this" refer to the WIFOM itself he speaks of, or his insistence that said WIFOM isn't out of the question?
Damnation: EBWOP

Should have been "don't", not do...
I wonder if this typo will bite me hard in the goat?

It's an odd gambit his suggesting, and I'm almost certain he's got something to gain from this, in some strange manner.
trentonlf: I was about to jump all over you for supporting role fishing, I almost broke an eyebrow when I read that
I can completely understand that. Hell, I'd lynch me for it.
But given what I've stated during D1, would you really believe that I support role fishing?

Damnation: And I would call that very far fetched. The post you linked to, is referring to this post - I never offered an alternative to his choice of avatar, he did.
And yes, if he did select a pylon as his avatar because his role PM mentions an Orange Pylon of Justice, then I do think it's a soft flavor claim. I never mentioned the word "role", thank you very much, and I have never claimed to see him as town, or having a power.
Lifthrasil: Heh. This sentence of yours says differently:
Damnation: And yes, it gives me an idea of who he is then, flavourwise.
Lifthrasil: There it is. You say that you have an idea who he IS! ... not who he claims to be. Not who he pretends to be. No, you quite clearly state that you have an idea who he is and you imply it's a town PR. Because of the Prange Pylon of Justice.

And now you say you never claimed to see him as town or having a power? You contradict yourself!
ELI5: How am I implying it's a town power role? If anything, I'm implying the "who he claims/pretends to be". And the Prange was a typo, was meant to be Orange, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

I very much do not contradict myself, for I have never outright said any of the things you claim I have implied.
I didn't say I thought or knew he was a town PR, and I now say I never did. How is that contradictory?

Bookwyrm627: Is this accurate?
See post 462. I made a typo, so sue me.
flubbucket: Never did I ever say the brig could prevent a night kill.

I also never ever said the last scum player or next to the last scum player.

I said "scum team" in my reply to Lifthrasil.

This feels like trolling.

Scum team: SirPrimalform, cristigale, Lifthrasil.
Lifthrasil: OK. So explain to me how that 'WIFOM' of yours would work. How would scum make ANYONE (apart from you) believe that the brigged player has to be scum because of the missing nightkill?
The only reason I'm debating this is to show how misrepresented my posts have become.

Players have "quoted" me as saying the brig would stop the lynch. And also saying I thought a single brigged scum would allow anything but End of Day.

I stated it was possible, not logical or even likely.

Since I'm desperately limited on this tablet I can't search and lay it all out. I also can't seem to open the post link....aargh, but thanks for it anyhow.

I will be expecting gifts and accolades for correctly guessing the scum team.
Flavour - Pylon of Justice ... if *something* "of Justice" is the flavour you base your "idea who he is" on, it's quite clearly both a town flavour that you see there and a PR. So yes, you did imply that you think he is town and has a PR. At least it reads to me that way.

But now I have an even more important question: do you always react so aggressively to being questioned? Or only when you are scum? I can't tell because we didn't play together before, IIRC.
Lifthrasil: Flavour - Pylon of Justice ... if *something* "of Justice" is the flavour you base your "idea who he is" on, it's quite clearly both a town flavour that you see there and a PR. So yes, you did imply that you think he is town and has a PR. At least it reads to me that way.
Then you're flat out wrong, simple, and are clearly trying to put words into my mouth. I take my idea from the show which the flavor is based on, not how it translated into game mechanisms, which you seem to imply.

Lifthrasil: But now I have an even more important question: do you always react so aggressively to being questioned? Or only when you are scum? I can't tell because we didn't play together before, IIRC.
Yes, I do, when it is without basis and is bordering slander.
Damnation: and I do support fishing for power roles.
Damnation: Should have been "don't", not do...
I wondered. You can skip my question on it; I was ninja'd like 2359873 times in 6 minutes anyway.

trentonlf: It seems to me there is a lot of smoke screens being put up so we will not focus on a lynch, I think scum is trying to distract everyone so we end the day in a no lynch or a rushed lynch of a townie
Might be interesting to revisit on Day 2, once the dust settles.

-----

Anyway. My time/posting ability will become much more limited in the coming few hours.

Of the existing wagons:
-I'm quite content to ride this Primal wagon all the way to lynch. If/when he flips scum, I think we'll have some good leads on other scum.

-I'm not interested in the ZFR wagon, even though some of his later comments rang a few warning bells.

-In spite of Flub's apparently purposeful misunderstanding, I'm not interested in the Flub wagon. Something about it is ringing some (different) alarm bells.

-I'm on the fence about a Cristi wagon. I'll have to see how (or even if) that develops.

-Several people want to give Lift a chance to actually play. Count me in that pool, though he's added some to my misgivings about his slot. I'll cap him if it is the only way to secure a lynch.

-I'm not helping lynch myself. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
SirPrimalform: Something along the lines of "If someone flips Jester, Vitek sets fire to the forum"?
That too but mostly that it's scummy. ;-)

I am going to toot my own horn a bit but my best reads ever were probably in a game, where I named the whole mafia correctly in post 42 in the middle of RVS. Gazoinks for lamenting how bad it is there is murderer among us, Krypsyn for suggesting someone could be jester and bazilišek for "random-voting" me for being hard to read.
I found it scummy before that I find it scummy even more afterwards. ;-)
flubbucket: Players have "quoted" me as saying the brig would stop the lynch.
*sigh* You see. The brig being able to stop the NK (which you surely mean) would be NECESSARY for scum to be able to claim that the NK has been stopped. Which was what you assumed they would do. Which was why Bookwyrm explained to you that they CAN'T claim that the NK has been stopped by the brig because it cannot be stopped by the brig.

Don't you see how the simple fact that the brig can't stop a NK makes your warning that scum might claim that the brig has stopped a NK quite moot? Bookwyrm pointed out that you are worried about a quite nonsesical scenario and still you kept defending that nonsensical scenario. I just wonder why.
regarding flub: If his recent behaviour is a mafia tactic I'm not sure I follow the reason.

It began when he made an illogical argument for the negatives of brigging (which most people believe there are many, and the consensus seems to be avoid early brigging)

when flaws in his argument got pointed out, he refuses to acknowledge them, or maybe misunderstands them (willfully or no). Why? He's not attempting to convince anybody, everybody's in favour of what he was arguing for already, dispite having serious concerns with his given argument.

There's an appealing image for me that the mafia, spooked by damnation's hinting that he'd worked out bucket's role, are taking advantage of flub's natural lynchmagnetism. but that's assuming a lot, and I don't really trust us to have the skill or wherewithal to manage it. As Hypersomniac says, everybody's been playing a but scummy...

more to come, but posting in short bursts
cristigale: The lie occurred BEFORE you revealed that you had a list of numbers to pick from. You didn't clue the rest of into the numbers list until later. When you first revealed you picked CSPVG, I asked why. You said: *shrug* I wasn't exactly drowning in extra information at the time. When I pressed you about it, you said: It came down to something like "Eenie, meenie, minnie, moe". If you are expecting awesome powers of deduction led me to this choice, then I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you this time .
Bookwyrm627: You are correct that I didn't mention picking among numbers until later, since I didn't want to tell mafia that I was a cop if they did indeed have copies of town roles.

I wasn't drowning in extra information when I chose CSPVG. I didn't even know who I was choosing at the time I made the choice! I had four numbers, and his is the number I happened to choose. I used pretty close to an "Eenie, meenie, minnie, moe" method of choosing that number, since I had nothing to give any clue as to which number belonged to whom.

I stand by my statement that I didn't lie. I didn't even lie by omission since I explicitly refused to give details on how my power worked.
I am not going to argue with you about semantics. You have a penchant for pushing the grey areas. You chose to hide the real reason you voted (which turned out to be OK). I could tell that your answer was evasive.

bler144: 3. Why did it seem weak? I thought it was pretty sharp, as apparently so did flub himself. I don't get how it's weak if it's correct according to the only person who could say with certainty.
Bookwyrm627: Did Flub say she was correct? If so, why aren't you already on his wagon for admitting to being a Cylon? :P

It being weak: I'm not inclined to lynch someone simply because they chose an avatar that shows a picture of an object that has one name that happens to rhyme with the flavor name of the bad guys, especially when I have other reasons for why such an avatar might be chosen. Do we even know that Flub knew the traffic cone as a pylon? He's like 25897352897 years old, so he might have heard about it at some point in his life, but to me it was a brand new name for the object.
I don't believe you believe this. 'It's a coincidence'...You are not that naive. 'Flub not knowing...', I don't buy this either given flub's reaction. I think you are trying to create reasons to discredit me.

OMGUS aside, this and the role fishing feels more than someone purposefully trying to discredit me. I will vote Bookwyrm if there is enough to lynch.
sorry ^ that should be "a but scimmy"

I'm surprised that bookwyrm says he's not interested in ZFR despite recieving warning bells. Does 'not interested' mean you don't want zfr's lunch? Why not? What's the good of warning bells ifyou're not alarmed by them?
He basically says he's avoiding all wagons other than SirP, or possibly Cristi but expresses doubts. Am I reading that correctly?

I can see the logic in a Cristi lynch. Several people have mentioned that she's not given any real reads other than her focus on flubbucket (and I'm blindly trusting them??? ow!)

I could lynch SirP although everything I've seen of his behaviour is pretty much consistent with his character, albeit not particularly useful for hunting scum.

My favourite to lunch is still ZFR. It looks like lots of people are waiting to see if someone else will budge first. It's very exciting!!
Okay, step back...

@flubb - Help me understand this "Orange Pylon of Justice"