It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitek: If you had to lynch one person right now who would you pick and why would it be Joe?
There was supposed to be littlerabbit's quote above this making it aimed at her.

littlerabbit: -
trentonlf: .... But, he goes on and mentions his behavior in past games where he was town in two more posts to explain why he is doing something. ....
you did do that exact thing earlier:

elebutterfly: While I completely agree trenton, I feel like this statement came out of the blue... Did this happen in a previous game you've played, or something?
trentonlf: It has happened in several games I’ve played in, and the breaking of games like that makes it hard to want to play anymore. I made the statement for all the people I’ve never played with before. We’ve never played together but you can ask bler, cristi, book, or flub about my stance on it.
eh? eh??
JoeSapphire: you did do that exact thing earlier:

eh? eh??
Uhm, not the same thing. I answered your question in post 64 as to what was my measure of town/mafianess and I pointed out that I don't like PM talk and will pursue someone's lynch for doing it as I find it scummy. Then I responded to elebutterfly who had asked in post 103 if this had happened to me in previous games. So please enlighten me on how this is me trying to say I'm town because of this?
trentonlf: Uhm, not the same thing. I answered your question in post 64 as to what was my measure of town/mafianess and I pointed out that I don't like PM talk and will pursue someone's lynch for doing it as I find it scummy. Then I responded to elebutterfly who had asked in post 103 if this had happened to me in previous games. So please enlighten me on how this is me trying to say I'm town because of this?
You defend your behaviour, cite previous games as evidence and call on other players to agree with you. Pretty much what zfr's been doing isn't it?
Sure, he's done it a few times, and he's gone further to say 'I was town in this game when I did this' but when you made your case against him I recalled your post which had give me thoughts at the time you made it.

Are you mafia?
bler144: [...] The only town player to ever open with a random.org vote was adalia, [...]
Really? Which game was that?

bler144: [...] 2) Mod posts tend to indicate that, despite pre-game teasing otherwise, that it's a fairly typical town/mafia setup and not a cult game, etc. [...]
It'd appear so, and I hope it proves to be so; worrying about getting recruited is no fun.

*narrow-eyes adaliabooks; raises fist*

bler144: [...] In general to all, but particularly
@wyrm
@ZFR
@HSL
@Vitek
@cristi

...thoughts?
Why particularly this specific subset of players?

bler144: [...] Vitek's opener reminded me a bit of something Krypsyn did once as mafia in RVS where he came out of the gate with a vengeance, but those were different circumstances (ahem, Lift's game where a mafia player could very legit scumread a non-aligned player and be right). [...]
bler144: [...] (I've been scum twice, and the first time Krypsyn was on me from my first post, [...]
I just went and skimmed the first couple of pages of game #32, and don't see what you're referring to. Can you point it out?

bler144: [...] I tend to read it as slight townlean here. WIFOM and all, why would cylon!vitek put himself on the hook to justify a scumread from the first six posts when everyone else is just fartin' around and two posters can't even be assed to half-ass their RVS votes? [...]
My experience playing with him is very limited (he subbed in, as town, in one of my first games, and what stayed with me is that he was pretty annoyed by my playstyle, and I subbed out on D1 in another, don't recall having played with him in any other game), so WIFOM and all indeed.

bler144: [...] But as someone who is a terrrrrrible player at being non-town, [...]
Heh.

bler144: [...] But seriously, that last is actually a good technique if you can pull it off. My entire technique in Lift's game was based around always finding Leonard (and then trent) scummy, but always having a better reason to keep them in the 2nd/3rd slot and someone else above them. [...]
Heh.

bler144: [...] RVS is, in general, mostly useless. To the extent it has any value, it's that it forces everyone to come up with some sort of explanation - valid or otherwise - that can at least be tone read. Maybe mafia tries to distance. Maybe mafia tries to buddy up to that player who tends to see through them. [...]
Don't follow how RVS forces anyone to give an explanation. I've seen plenty of naked votes in the games I've played/observed, that were justified as "for... reasons" or "heh" when asked about, and I've also seen people jumping on and off of plenty of players with little to no explanation. What tone-read do you make of such posts?

Not saying that what you say doesn't/can't happen, I just never thought or felt that during RVS, especially early RVS, people are expected/required to somehow justify their vote.

bler144: [...] I'll leave it to others to pick you apart on the details. ;)
Heh.

bler144: [...] Flub is mafia
Ele!mafia votes me to distract from flub wagon getting rolling before others show up and laugh it off as flub being flub anyway [...]
Is flubbucket mafia because of elebutterfly distracting from his wagon getting rolling, because of what cristigale might be on to something with his avatar, both, some other unstated reason(s)?
JoeSapphire: You defend your behaviour, cite previous games as evidence and call on other players to agree with you. Pretty much what zfr's been doing isn't it?
Sure, he's done it a few times, and he's gone further to say 'I was town in this game when I did this' but when you made your case against him I recalled your post which had give me thoughts at the time you made it.

Are you mafia?
I am not mafia. I have at not point said my stance on PM talk makes me town, if you are seeing that then you need to check your vision, but ZFR has posted 4 times to point out his behavior in previous games where he was town and doing the same thing now. It I was mafia or town it would not matter in the slightest, I would pursue anyone's lynch for PM discussion. The only reason I even broached the subject was because you asked and elebutterfly wanted clarification. So again please enlighten me on how they are the same thing, and also enlighten me why you are defending ZFR?
trentonlf: Anyone else getting that vibe from ZFR or do y’all think I’m off the mark?
Seems strange to ask that question after you just voted him.

flubbucket: I won't quote my PM, but the phrase Orange Pylon of Justice could be included.....possibly.
Hmmm...I don't know that I can vote for the TFPTSLBOOIA. I'm not sure how it fits with the game setup/flavor, but seems legit.

HypersomniacLive: OK, things are mostly back to normal now (nothing major since afternoon; finally had a decent home-cooked meal, and a nice hot shower, yes!).

Just skimmed the current page, and I read this:

flubbucket: Good News.

Now please post some astute observations......unless you're scum.
Who are you and what have you done with the actual flubbucket?

HypersomniacLive: How the frak do you people manage to browse here on a regular basis using your phones, let alone post, and remain sane??
PoppyAppletree: The GOG forum is a particularly unpleasant experience on mobile as it appears to have no optimisation done whatsoever. The chat feature is almost unusable.
You could take out the phrase "on mobile" and it would still be a fairly apt statement.

Bookwyrm627: ZFR is over explaining his posts? Not what I'd have pegged him with, nor who I'd have pegged for that.

Not saying he's town, just that I wouldn't have placed him as over explaining.
Aye. If anyone smurfing over-explains around here it's ME! Frakkin smurf yeah! And now, let me tell you why I think that is so...

brb
HypersomniacLive:
what's with the blerred focus?

trentonlf: So again please enlighten me on how they are the same thing, and also enlighten me why you are defending ZFR?
1 - you said 'here's how what I'm doing here is similar to what I've done there, amirite everbody?' [interpolated]. He said 'here's how what I'm doing here is similar to what I've done there, amirite everbody?' [interpolated]

2 - Because I feel guilty for voting for him and then feeling OMBHS when he voted for me and wanting him to get lynched immediately. Well. I don't think quibbling with you is the same as defending him. But that's why I didn't start shouting 'yes! Let's all lynch ZFR' as I instinctively felt to. I'd like him to be mafia, but I think my reason for thinking so is more petty than it should be. I kinda agree with your read actually.

Overall I prodded you and you got defensive. I get the impression though that you've got a hot-tempered playing style (your reference to screaming rows with players in previous games. (Wait, that was you wasn't it?)) SO I don't feel like I've really achieved anything.

Well I've likely drawn more attention to myself. woohoo.
bler144: Seems strange to ask that question after you just voted him.
Why do you think it is strange? I find what he is doing scummy thus my vote. I want to know if anyone else sees the same thing thus my question.
HypersomniacLive: Please allow me to rant about the downgrading of the forum replies notification system for a moment - #@$%&!! Being in a mafia game made me realise how bad the change from the bell notifications is. If anyone feels the same way, please add your vote to this wishlist entry, and consider filing a support ticket; if enough people complain about it, GOG might change it back.
Agreed, but doing that would take work to even figure out if I've already done it.

bler144: [...] The only town player to ever open with a random.org vote was adalia, [...]
HypersomniacLive: Really? Which game was that?
Agreed, but doing that would take work to even figure out if I've already done it. Oh wait, new question. But basically the same answer.

I was going off memory, which is probably....not 100% correct. Case in point, in talking about my Wyrm reads, I noted that I had successfully read him D1 in a string of cases. I realized later that wasn't entirely true either - I had solved him successfully in a string of x games, but I don't actually think it was all d1 after reflection - memory was contaminated by a few instances where it was true.

Anyway, in line with what Vitek noted, the point isn't whether it's 100% true all the time that someone who does it is actually non-town, as it's probably not, but it's not a pro-town move either.

HypersomniacLive: @wyrm
@ZFR
@HSL
@Vitek
@cristi

___
Why particularly this specific subset of players?
The better question is, "why vitek, considering you know he's not actually going to answer anyway?"

HypersomniacLive: I just went and skimmed the first couple of pages of game #32, and don't see what you're referring to. Can you point it out?
You're really set on making me go back and research facts from 2015, instead of just relying on the comfortable narratives those facts evolved into over time? You do recall I said I haven't installed AF yet, right?

Jerk. ;)

Give me a bump and I'll be right back.
HypersomniacLive: @mod

From the OP:

Cylon players in the Brig may not talk to other Cylon players.
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

Is it safe to assume that mafia has already been given the link to their scum-chat? If yes, does the above mean that the brigged player is deprived from their writing privilege, but still retains their reading one?
Reading and writing privileges. I wouldn't be able to enforce a brigged Cylon not reading messages if it was the same link, so I'd need to give unbrigged Cylons a toastier place to hang out while their comrade was locked up.
also not relevant to the game, but I read the first page of flub's milk game and I'm super pleased about being referenced in the rules. Thanks for remembering me flub! Sorry I abandoned you for so long. I'm really happy to be back. Thanks littlerabbit for proposing the mass return.

Now after that surely you'd all feel too guilty to lunch me on day one?

No? didn't think so... ;)
JoeSapphire: what's with the blerred focus?

1 - you said 'here's how what I'm doing here is similar to what I've done there, amirite everbody?' [interpolated]. He said 'here's how what I'm doing here is similar to what I've done there, amirite everbody?' [interpolated]

2 - Because I feel guilty for voting for him and then feeling OMBHS when he voted for me and wanting him to get lynched immediately. Well. I don't think quibbling with you is the same as defending him. But that's why I didn't start shouting 'yes! Let's all lynch ZFR' as I instinctively felt to. I'd like him to be mafia, but I think my reason for thinking so is more petty than it should be. I kinda agree with your read actually.

Overall I prodded you and you got defensive. I get the impression though that you've got a hot-tempered playing style (your reference to screaming rows with players in previous games. (Wait, that was you wasn't it?)) SO I don't feel like I've really achieved anything.

Well I've likely drawn more attention to myself. woohoo.
You are trying to make two things that are not the same thing into the same thing.

You specifically asked me and bookwyrm "What are your favourite measures of town/mafianess?", and in my answer I made the comment on my stance of PM talk. elebutterfly said that statement was out of the blue and was wanting to know if it had happened to me in previous games. My answer was yes it had and my stance was well known by anyone who has played with me in the past.

ZFR made a vote post using random.org, and I could care less if he used random.org or not myself, and when it was pointed out how that could be looked upon as a scum play he pointed out his previous game that he had done the same thing in (he did that twice in posts 55 and 89). If he had just let it go at that I'm pretty sure it would not have even been a blip on my radar, but he goes on in posts 120 and 137 specifically saying he was Town in previous games where he did the same thing he is doing now. Now that pinged my radar as it is someone trying to say LAMIST.

If you can't see the difference in the two scenarios then we will just have to agree to disagree.
HypersomniacLive: @mod

Is it safe to assume that mafia has already been given the link to their scum-chat? If yes, does the above mean that the brigged player is deprived from their writing privilege, but still retains their reading one?
PoppyAppletree: Reading and writing privileges. I wouldn't be able to enforce a brigged Cylon not reading messages if it was the same link, so I'd need to give unbrigged Cylons a toastier place to hang out while their comrade was locked up.
That sounds complicated if fully implemented. You could end up with like 25 different quicktopic fora by the time the game is over if they had day access. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Conclusion...no day chat, but just a pre-planned series of N1 / N2 quicktopics mod sends out each dusk?

...moving this along...
HypersomniacLive: 1) I just went and skimmed the first couple of pages of game #32, and don't see what you're referring to. Can you point it out?

2) My experience playing with him is very limited (he subbed in, as town, in one of my first games, and what stayed with me is that he was pretty annoyed by my playstyle, and I subbed out on D1 in another, don't recall having played with him in any other game), so WIFOM and all indeed.

3) Don't follow how RVS forces anyone to give an explanation. I've seen plenty of naked votes in the games I've played/observed, that were justified as "for... reasons" or "heh" when asked about, and I've also seen people jumping on and off of plenty of players with little to no explanation. What tone-read do you make of such posts?

Not saying that what you say doesn't/can't happen, I just never thought or felt that during RVS, especially early RVS, people are expected/required to somehow justify their vote.

4) Is flubbucket mafia because of elebutterfly distracting from his wagon getting rolling, because of what cristigale might be on to something with his avatar, both, some other unstated reason(s)?
1) Krypsyn votes me in post 28. Post 83 he explains it wasn't an RVS vote. 91 I ask for explanation. 93 he says "heh." Some time later he meanders off into some sort of metaphor about picket fences. If you want more than that it's on you, man.

3) Fair point, to a point. However providing no explanation at all means being potentially asked to defend either the reason or the whom. You chose them for some reason, ultimately, whether or not it's meaningful. Random.org moves that responsibility entirely off the player. And saying "heh," while not particularly revealing, is still committing to an answer.

4) Ultimately flub can't be scum definitively based on what ele did / didn't do. The causality is reversed there. Called for dinner, but the short version is yes, I think it was pretty clear the main motivation at the time was cristi's observation.

As noted I wouldn't have voted wyrm (or you, or cristi) for the same, so there is a deeper reason, but none of it speaks to flub's alignment either way. I've actually gotten a better feeling from his activity the last 24 hours or so.

At the moment I think I'm most interested in SPF. Very curious to see him explain his vote, as there are multiple bad answers and only one, maybe two defensible ones.

You sure look town from here, though I'm not sure why you actually took up 2) at this point along. ;)
trentonlf: If you can't see the difference in the two scenarios then we will just have to agree to disagree.
I see the difference, but I also see the similarities. I think you do too. Let's just refuse to agree to agree.