It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

déja vu you know

have we failed to lunch in a previous game and microfish got flack the next day for not voting?
JoeSapphire: déja vu you know
This whole Day feels like a deja vu.
Also, don't listen to my first D2 post. If you have a role, keep your mouth shut regardless. Scum might have held the kill to go fishing for nearly free.
Bookwyrm627: Also, don't listen to my first D2 post. If you have a role, keep your mouth shut regardless. Scum might have held the kill to go fishing for nearly free.
who would do it, do you think?
Bookwyrm627: Scum might have held the kill to go fishing for nearly free.
Yeeeees....

Scum so afraid of blocker preventing them from killing that they decided to do the blocker's job by not killing, just so they can fish the blocker out....

Bull.

If you're a blocker, you should claim. 1 for 1 is excellent for Town.

Of course, this only applies if your target is definitely scum. Doctor/Jailer/Rolestopper... etc should stay quiet.
ZFR: Yeeeees....

Scum so afraid of blocker preventing them from killing that they decided to do the blocker's job by not killing, just so they can fish the blocker out....

Bull.

Of course, this only applies if your target is definitely scum. Doctor/Jailer/Rolestopper... etc should stay quiet.
well if they didn't kill and there is a blocker and the blocker claims they blocked mafia and we lunch that person and that person isn't mafia so we spend the following day lunching the blocker that would be worth not killing on the one day I reckon.

But it relies on mafia assuming town has a blocker, and assuming they're going to spout off the morning.
Bookwyrm627: Also, don't listen to my first D2 post. If you have a role, keep your mouth shut regardless. Scum might have held the kill to go fishing for nearly free.
JoeSapphire: who would do it, do you think?
What is "it"?

ZFR: Yeeeees....

Bull.

At first thought, I agreed with you and for precisely the reason you state. Then I thought about scenarios beyond "RB blocked the kill".

Assume Scum holds the kill and Town Roleblocker (RB) claims. Odds are likely in scum's favor that whomever RB targeted is Town, which means Town is lynching from T-T if they believe/don't believe the RB. That's value point 1. What happens if Town lynches the RB target and gets a Town flip? Next lynch might go for the RB as a liar, if someone (scum, vig, sk, w/e) doesn't handle it on N2. Value point 2. Either way, Scum have the option to leave the RB alive if the particular player seems to be more likely to hurt Town than help Town. Value point 3.

If Scum did perform a kill, there's a Town RB, and there's Town something else defensive, then Scum know whether RB actually caught the kill or not, which means they know to hunt for something defensive while Town is busy killing town. The targeted player might well counter claim as some other PR too, and wouldn't it be awesome if a Doctor lucked into catching the kill while the RB blocked the Town Cop?
JoeSapphire: well if they didn't kill and there is a blocker and the blocker claims they blocked mafia and we lunch that person and that person isn't mafia so we spend the following day lunching the blocker that would be worth not killing on the one day I reckon.
What if that blocker blocked Mafia? Mafia just lost an NK and a member.

For a blocker to be successful, he has to block the actual killer. 1 person. The strategy you say increases the blocker's target by a factor of 3. Now he has to block any of the 3 to be successful.

NK is Mafia's main weapon. If they don't use it quick enough, they run a bigger risk of being found out. It's much worse for Mafia to no-NK than for Town to No-Lynch.
I'd sooner believe that Mafia couldn't reach a consensus than that they did this on purpose.
We cross posted, so here's a bump if you want it.
JoeSapphire: who would do it, do you think?
Bookwyrm627: What is "it"?
elect to not kill

JoeSapphire: well if they didn't kill and there is a blocker and the blocker claims they blocked mafia and we lunch that person and that person isn't mafia so we spend the following day lunching the blocker that would be worth not killing on the one day I reckon.
ZFR: What if that blocker blocked Mafia? Mafia just lost an NK and a member.

For a blocker to be successful, he has to block the actual killer. 1 person. The strategy you say increases the blocker's target by a factor of 3. Now he has to block any of the 3 to be successful.

NK is Mafia's main weapon. If they don't use it quick enough, they run a bigger risk of being found out. It's much worse for Mafia to no-NK than for Town to No-Lynch.
I'd sooner believe that Mafia couldn't reach a consensus than that they did this on purpose.
yeah I'm inclined to agree with you
Thanks for the bump.

Bookwyrm627: At first thought, I agreed with you and for precisely the reason you state. Then I thought about scenarios beyond "RB blocked the kill".

Assume Scum holds the kill and Town Roleblocker (RB) claims. Odds are likely in scum's favor that whomever RB targeted is Town,
As per above, what if RB did block a Mafia? Then they lose a memeber, confirm the RB as Town and lose an NK. It's too risky.

Even taking the "best" scenario for Mafia, we lynch the target D2, lynch the Blocker D3 (would we, though? Can the Mafia be sure we would?) for lying. So it's D4, 3vs5, and because of Mafia's inaction. Town's other PRs had 3 Nights to investigate and act. Heck, even Roleblocker had N2 to act.

Terrible strategy.
((also Joe's thing about it counts on the mafia assuming there's a roleblocker in the first place))

((ah yeah, Joe's pretty smort))

but yeah, bookwyrm's point about even if there is a roleblocker it doesn't necessarily mean that they blocked the kill is fair
Thanks for the bump.

JoeSapphire: ((also Joe's thing about it counts on the mafia assuming there's a roleblocker in the first place))
Yes, I wanted to add exactly this.

On top of everything, it assumes that Mafia magically knew there is a blocer in the first place. Because if there isn't they just lost an NK for free.

And NK is their main weapon. Any non-NK Night increases the game length and increases the chance of them being found out.
We've had many games where Mafia lost because the game dragged too long and Town PRs confirmed one another. Mafia has to kill fast.

Anyway, I will concede the point that if we have a roleblocker who acted, there is no 100% guarantee he blocked the kill.
Bookwyrm627: What is "it"?
JoeSapphire: elect to not kill
True, I'm probably one of the very few on that list. Therefore, I should probably be quiet.

ZFR: As per above, what if RB did block a Mafia? Then they lose a memeber, confirm the RB as Town and lose an NK. It's too risky.

Even taking the "best" scenario for Mafia, we lynch the target D2, lynch the Blocker D3 (would we, though? Can the Mafia be sure we would?) for lying. So it's D4, 3vs5, and because of Mafia's inaction. Town's other PRs had 3 Nights to investigate and act. Heck, even Roleblocker had N2 to act.

Terrible strategy.
Even if the RB did luck into a Mafia block, they just follow up and murder the RB N2 if the RB seems to be a threat.

If Mafia attempt a kill, then they would know whether the RB's claimed target was their target. Instead of claiming, I'm of the opinion that the RB should keep their mouth shut and just keep blocking the same person (or alternate if necessary). Problem solved without any risk of giving Mafia extra information or the name of whomever is blocking them.
Bookwyrm627: If Mafia attempt a kill, then they would know whether the RB's claimed target was their target. Instead of claiming, I'm of the opinion that the RB should keep their mouth shut and just keep blocking the same person (or alternate if necessary). Problem solved without any risk of giving Mafia extra information or the name of whomever is blocking them.
OK, I guess there is *some* merit in that. Let RB make up their own mind.

But Mafia withholding the kill on purpose... No. Way. Nope. Nope.