It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: I did it

Admin file:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ar6sDvz1zhVkgZZvGrRncrR0y6dcpA?e=JUDzXs

Includes the messages I sent to players, includes unreleased Day 5 messages (that were totally not written post-game), and two extra blurbs Microfish got when he was "ghostvestigating" the players that he did.
joppo: Nice.

A few observations:
N1 Micro investigates ZFR and a couple lines later he "cops" ZFR. I hope they at least had a good time.
N2 there's not a kill action but suddenly Micro is dead. He apparently had a cardiac arrest, the poor man.
N4 WTF? Joe doesn't commute? Really?

Oh so ZFR's N4 action was to track Cadaver. If only Town hadn't delivered the game in a silver platter by then...
Yup. I got Cadaver too late.

Also, unless Watcher was Ninja, he should have gotten himself in fhe results too.
ZFR: Also, unless Watcher was Ninja, he should have gotten himself in fhe results too.
I mean, technically you're right but it feels pretty clunky to inform the watcher that they visited their own target. If someone was doing a stakeout to see who visited someone, they're not going to write their own name on the list in case they forgot what they were doing last night.
ZFR: Also, unless Watcher was Ninja, he should have gotten himself in fhe results too.
my name is supyreor catte: I mean, technically you're right but it feels pretty clunky to inform the watcher that they visited their own target. If someone was doing a stakeout to see who visited someone, they're not going to write their own name on the list in case they forgot what they were doing last night.
Yeah I wouldn't mind not being officially informed that I visited the target I visited (and wouldn't get results otherwise). It is technically more accurate but also pretty much pointless and more verbose.
In most cases, yes. But there can be some special cases where it makes a difference. e.g. if your target was bus-driven, the lack of self in results could be a clue.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by ZFR
joppo: Nice.

N2 there's not a kill action but suddenly Micro is dead. He apparently had a cardiac arrest, the poor man.
i was sleep-darted.
Umm yeah, on N2, Micro was indeed sleep-darted by the local strongman. Thankfully the local strongman is less lethal than cardiac arrest.

I have a weird fascination with not killing off Mafia or Town, flavor-wise at least.
ZFR: In most cases, yes. But there can be some special cases where it makes a difference. e.g. if your target was bus-driven, the lack of self in results could be a clue.
Or would it?

Whats the order of resolution for bus driver and watcher/tracker... etc?

E.g

Cop investigates A. A and B are bus driven. Tracker tracks Cop.

What result does Tracker get?
Thank you everyone. Good game and great flavour. :-)
ZFR: Or would it?

E.g

That's a tricky one, I would have thought that bus driver's action takes place before all of those in the example. The question is whether the tracker sees who the cop actually visits or if they see the "position" the cop visits (because the bus driver has dropped A and B off at each other's houses). The whole point of the bus driver is that the cop would be unaware they're actually visiting B, so I'd say that the tracker gets told the cop went to A's house.

It's a tricky one though, however you decide to resolve it has big repercussions for the game.
ZFR: Whats the order of resolution for bus driver and watcher/tracker... etc?

E.g

The Cop actually visited B and never made it to A's place, so that's what the Tracker sees: "Your target visited B". Cop gets "Your target is [B's alignment]" without any indication that he isn't getting the result of his intended target.

It will, of course, cause difficulty when the Cop claims A is alignment X and Tracker claims Cop is lying about their visitation target. Unless/until Bus Driver's existence is revealed, anyway.
Bus Driver is amazing!

Played a game once with a Bus Driver with two seats.

A to B
B to C
C to A

So chaos.
ZFR: Or would it?

E.g

my name is supyreor catte: That's a tricky one, I would have thought that bus driver's action takes place before all of those in the example. The question is whether the tracker sees who the cop actually visits or if they see the "position" the cop visits (because the bus driver has dropped A and B off at each other's houses). The whole point of the bus driver is that the cop would be unaware they're actually visiting B, so I'd say that the tracker gets told the cop went to A's house.

It's a tricky one though, however you decide to resolve it has big repercussions for the game.
ZFR: Whats the order of resolution for bus driver and watcher/tracker... etc?

E.g

Bookwyrm627: The Cop actually visited B and never made it to A's place, so that's what the Tracker sees: "Your target visited B". Cop gets "Your target is [B's alignment]" without any indication that he isn't getting the result of his intended target.

It will, of course, cause difficulty when the Cop claims A is alignment X and Tracker claims Cop is lying about their visitation target. Unless/until Bus Driver's existence is revealed, anyway.
The experts' opinions are divided.
my name is supyreor catte: That's a tricky one, I would have thought that bus driver's action takes place before all of those in the example. The question is whether the tracker sees who the cop actually visits or if they see the "position" the cop visits (because the bus driver has dropped A and B off at each other's houses). The whole point of the bus driver is that the cop would be unaware they're actually visiting B, so I'd say that the tracker gets told the cop went to A's house.

ZFR:
Bookwyrm627: The Cop actually visited B and never made it to A's place, so that's what the Tracker sees: "Your target visited B". Cop gets "Your target is [B's alignment]" without any indication that he isn't getting the result of his intended target.

ZFR: The experts' opinions are divided.
I wonder what the consensus is over at one of the big mafia communities? I don't really mind which we go with it, but we should probably have an agreed "normal" way to resolve it.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte
I personally prefer Bookwyrm's way, because that makes for more chaos=more fun.
PookaMustard: Mafia chat link:
https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/2FvZKvEmJafE3
Oh boy, the spambots have found this big time.
Dogmaus: ...
Leoric_AKA_Leo: ...
Hey, fancy another game?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/its_time_gog_forums_had_a_game_of_forum_mafia
Post edited September 07, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte